Old Car now sold..rock on new wheels...

smk82

Reaction score
Well, thats that! Just agreed a sale on my old car (TT):sorry: which I will be sorry to see go... Although I have beaten the price Audi were offering by £900 so fairly happy. A bit nervous regards the sale as never sold one for this much before! Still should be ok.. no cleared funds, no car simplz..

The hard part comes next the 4 week (ish) wait for the new motor:arco:. I just hope that the delivery date doesn't get pushed back! You might as well get the countdown thread started Sandra!

Reactions: Karl Alesbury and Sandra
SMK82, Shiraz is lush. It looks suprisingly great on the A5 Coupe Black Edition.

Got 2 (maybe 3) people coming to look at my old car tomorrow, hopefully will get that sold so I can pay my large CC bill from buying this one!

Got 2 (maybe 3) people coming to look at my old car tomorrow, hopefully will get that sold so I can pay my large CC bill from buying this one!

good luck, hope you find a buyer

Reactions: cemerson

You were able to put the whole lot on a CC? I got told that the most they would accept was £2k as a CC payment??

I put the rest of the deposit I owed on the CC, £2,500

Well, thats that! Just agreed a sale on my old car (TT):sorry: which I will be sorry to see go... Although I have beaten the price Audi were offering by £900 so fairly happy. A bit nervous regards the sale as never sold one for this much before! Still should be ok.. no cleared funds, no car simplz..

The hard part comes next the 4 week (ish) wait for the new motor:arco:. I just hope that the delivery date doesn't get pushed back! You might as well get the countdown thread started Sandra!

Well done kn tne sale of your car. You also have the official Sandra countdown thread. Enjoy. :) x

Well, looks like the sale is going through ok.. first payment is cleared to my account. The man buying it actually said it was nice to find someone who understood about being cautious in such matters! I certainly do after having my identity nicked last year briefly.. Will be very sad to see my beloved TT go though (sniff...), although I can console myself with the new car coming.. the 4 weeks (or so - delivery date not confirmed yet, although have been told october) will not pass swiftly enough.. will be very weird with no car for that time however..PS - why can we only put animated emotions when starting a thread, but now when doing a reply??

Well the TT went last night after receiving the final payment:sob:. So offically carless now!. Amended figures with the dealer, and was informed that my car has been built!:w00t: That was fast - was told it wasn't till next week! hopefully this means it will arrive sooner. Old insurance/breakdown all cancelled/suspended, and loan applied for and accepted (in principle). As ready as I can be now, just clock watching...:whistle2:

Decided to change loan providers after the initial one I applied for came back with higher rate. Rather incensed over this as I had checked my credit record prior to applying for the loan, and it was pretty much perfect. I have no other debts outstanding either! I should have had no issue at all getting the low rate advertised (Any yes I know that its only required to be offered to 51% of applicants). So basically I told them to take a long walk off a short pier (politely) and applied with a different company. Offered 5.4% (not quite headline, but better than the prev offer). Awaiting notification if I need to provide any proof of ID/income, then hopefully fund release at that rate..

loan approved!:applaus: Funds being transferred so all is go... Now just waiting delivery date confirmation.

loan approved!:applaus: Funds being transferred so all is go... Now just waiting delivery date confirmation.

Exciting stuff!! What spec are u planning on getting? I take it you are paying monthly payments as this is not a company car??
It's good to hear as I'm still undecided if I can justify going into a lot debt for my dream A3 😔

Spec is as given in my signature. It is a private purchase. I debated between PCP finance/bank loan, but in the end decided on bank loan/sale of old car as this way at the end of 5 years (or before if I pay it off early), I own the car. The monthly payments are a bit more than if PCP, but I don't have a large balloon at the end of the scheme to pay off..

Spec is as given in my signature. It is a private purchase. I debated between PCP finance/bank loan, but in the end decided on bank loan/sale of old car as this way at the end of 5 years (or before if I pay it off early), I own the car. The monthly payments are a bit more than if PCP, but I don't have a large balloon at the end of the scheme to pay off..

Ah right good stuff! Thanks for the reply.
So I take if your planning on keeping the car for 5 years? That's another worry of mine...do I keep it for 5 years and loose a lot of money and have to pay more money to buy my next new car or do I trade it in after 3-4 and use the higher value it would be worth towards another new car??
Help please lol!

Ah right good stuff! Thanks for the reply.
So I take if your planning on keeping the car for 5 years? That's another worry of mine...do I keep it for 5 years and loose a lot of money and have to pay more money to buy my next new car or do I trade it in after 3-4 and use the higher value it would be worth towards another new car??
Help please lol!

My recent car (The TT:notme: I recently sold) was all paid off, so I had a nice healthy trade in value (I actually ended up beating this by £900 by selling privately). This meant that I only needed to finance the other half of the car:thumbsup:. If you trade in after 3/4 years or whenever with finance still on the car, part of the value will go towards settling any outstanding and you only get the rest..

My recent car (The TT:notme: I recently sold) was all paid off, so I had a nice healthy trade in value (I actually ended up beating this by £900 by selling privately). This meant that I only needed to finance the other half of the car:thumbsup:. If you trade in after 3/4 years or whenever with finance still on the car, part of the value will go towards settling any outstanding and you only get the rest..

So would you say keeping it for a shorter time is better like 3/4 years?
I'm unsure if to spec a car spending a lot of money then selling so soon? But the longer you keep it the more you loose and have to pay towards the new car! Lol

To answer you question regards the 1.6 (from the other thread), I never test drove that, I was always going to have the 2.0TDI as I didn't want to step down in power. I had originally ordered the 150ps as the 184 wasn't available, but upgraded when it came out. To answer your question about how long you keep it, it depends on how long you take to pay the car off. As I stated, its all very well trading it in earlier as it would be worth more, but if you have outstanding finance, it would be settled first with you only being able to use any remaining positive equity for the next car.

On collection day, would it be rude of me to insist that I perform the checkover of the car first before handing over any money? (Dealer said he'd prefer to do the paperwork before, then I could have as long as I wish to do the checkover of the vehicle). Or is there a seperate "acceptance of the vehicle" for lack of a better term, apart from the payment transfer obviously..

I think mine wanted cleared payment 3 days before handover. Certainly don't sign anything though for collection. Deposits etc can be got back through chargeback if paid by credit card if there's a problem with the car.

Giving them the money doesn't count as you accepting the vehicle. Just don't sign anything to say you've inspected the vehicle before you have. In reality you're unlikely to have anything seriously wrong with the car, so don't worry about it and enjoy the day.

Thats cool. I suppose in the unlikely event of there being something seriously wrong, they would have to provide a courtesy car! Anyway I'll write all my new commentary in my countdown thread from now on.. still only one song suggested so far though... (although as i don't have a specific collection date yet other than mid october thats understandable!)