• 3 Post By Fragup
  • 1 Post By RedDejavu
  • 1 Post By Daveotto
  • 1 Post By Fragup

Thread: One of those days

5th Gear

Status

One of those days

Put a few miles on the car today back and forth from football and parents etc and was challenged and tailgated first by a Focus ST then by a vauxhall VXR, a 5 series BMW and then finally by a 1 series BMW with blacked out windows. Refused to race any of them as had kids an wifein the car, and would not have anyway as would have been no match for any except maybe the 5 series as don't think that was particularly high spec.

I just went on my merry way with a smug grin knowing that the looks of my new pride and joy made those others drivers think they had a point to prove!!!

One week in and loving this car more and more
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Put a few miles on the car today back and forth from football and parents etc and was challenged and tailgated first by a Focus ST then by a vauxhall VXR, a 5 series BMW and then finally by a 1 series BMW with blacked out windows. Refused to race any of them as had kids an wifein the car, and would not have anyway as would have been no match for any except maybe the 5 series as don't think that was particularly high spec.

I just went on my merry way with a smug grin knowing that the looks of my new pride and joy made those others drivers think they had a point to prove!!!

One week in and loving this car more and more
    you can sit there in the comfort (literally) of knowing you are sitting in a nicer place to be than any of them, plus your in a car that stands out enough for them and to notice, without being in a lime green shouty chav mobile.

mmm can't wait.
    Sandra, Daveotto and cemerson like this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

5th Gear

Status
    Exactly, I had forgotten how often this happens in a decent new car, when I am driving alone at most I might put my foot down for a few seconds then pull into the inside lane, then foot of the gas and then let them go.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    The hold assist makes pulling away in a hurry a bit difficult, I had a go at turning it off today to see if it pulled away any quicker and it really does. Will have to remember that when I'm trying to pull away quickly at a tricky junction or something!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    maybe its a good time to consider bying a 8V S3 in the future.
    Sandra likes this.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

6th Gear

Status
    Depends if you're bothered by people trying to race you on the line or not :P
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    The hold assist makes pulling away in a hurry a bit difficult, I had a go at turning it off today to see if it pulled away any quicker and it really does. Will have to remember that when I'm trying to pull away quickly at a tricky junction or something!
    Not really pushed it hard from a standing start yet, but still beating or holding my own with most cars off the start line without trying to hard, as not quiet clocked 300 miles and trying to avoid high revs in the low gears until I get above 500 miles. Will either, as you suggest, push the button to take it out of HA or more likely I will disengage it by sitting in gear and edging forward on the biting point should I feel the need to be a boy. racer, which I am sure I will on the odd occasion.
    Last edited by Daveotto; 8th September 2013 at 22:42.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    maybe its a good time to consider bying a 8V S3 in the future.
    I could be tempted in a couple of years by an 8V S3 or a RS Q3 or an SQ5..... No, lets stop for now and just enjoy what I have got
    RedDejavu likes this.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    I could be tempted in a couple of years by an 8V S3 or a RS Q3 or an SQ5..... No, lets stop for now and just enjoy what I have got
    Is it me, or is the NEW RSQ3 a bit of a lead balloon, costing from £43K and with 310PS, whereas the new S3 SB S-T costs £33K with 300PS. £10K for +10PS and bigger wheels.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    Is it me, or is the NEW RSQ3 a bit of a lead balloon, costing from £43K and with 310PS, whereas the new S3 SB S-T costs £33K with 300PS. £10K for +10PS and bigger wheels.
    Im not sure about the RSQ3, for me the A3 is far sportier than the Q3 which has the appearance of a comfy family car with the higher ride and bigger boot & and then to go all 'RS' does quite work for me, I would rather have a S3 any day for looks and presumable with lower centre of gravity will handle better ?
    Daveotto likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

4th Gear

Status
    Yesterday I was going to sunny devon for a holiday with the wife and really felt people were tailgating me , spoiling for a race, but didnt rise to the challenge. i did notice a porche behind me, and then there wasnt, boy did he make a noise as he passed me.

first long journey for me, was seeing how economical the car was, 150 miles and 62 mpg, at the end decided to switch off the display as it's no fun being economical!
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    When you put it that way yes, will scrub that off my list now

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Yesterday I was going to sunny devon for a holiday with the wife and really felt people were tailgating me , spoiling for a race, but didnt rise to the challenge. i did notice a porche behind me, and then there wasnt, boy did he make a noise as he passed me.

first long journey for me, was seeing how economical the car was, 150 miles and 62 mpg, at the end decided to switch off the display as it's no fun being economical!
    Mark, enjoy the holiday and keep taking the moral high ground

1st Gear

Status
    I am now a little bit worried about idiots wanting to race when the S3 arrives.

I do hope it doesnt attract idiots wanting to race, I kind of enjoy not having that at the moment, my little A1 doesnt seem to attract people in the same way.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    I do hope it doesnt attract idiots wanting to race, I kind of enjoy not having that at the moment, my little A1 doesnt seem to attract people in the same way.
    I expect that it will be a bit of a "d***h***d" magnet, but maybe not as much as a new A3 as I would expect that even the d***h***d's are intelligent enough to realise they would in the majority of cases be trounced if you did decide to race.

Don't know if it is just me but I do seem to be getting more than my fair share of attention over the last couple of days, had an A5 all over me on the way home from work but think he just wanted to get a closer look more than anything else.