JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: New Audi A3: Glacier White or Daytona Grey?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman7 View Post
    Haha, yeah I think it's personal choice.

I think the conclusion I've made is that they're both amazing colors in their own right. The car looks stunning in either, me being 24 I think that I'll go for the Glacier White purely based on the rationale that after two years I can get something more understated like the Daytona Grey. I might as well make the most of being 24 by having a car that optically will stand out more and maybe work a treat with the ladies?

What do you all think?
    Optimistic on the 'ladies front' but I like your pluck & positivity, good luck son !

but would agree, if you want to stand out a bit glacier white is the 'cool' choice & the one for you !
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    You say you want white as it stands out?????? And red doesn't? Biased from me because I chose red
    Ok so I may be a few yrs older than you but still wanted a car to stand out and 'impress the ladies' and on that note I didn't pick Daytona or glacier.
    To be honest for you I would say glacier is the better choice! No contest really out of the two. To answer your question about seeing two colours together. I parked my S Line (red) nxt to another S Line (glacier) on say at the dealers. Wish I'd have taken a pic. My car did look better. Shows the car style off better. Again my opinion and as the red one is mine it's biased
    Sandra and Fragup like this.
    A3 S Line 1.8 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    Optimistic on the 'ladies front' but I like your pluck & positivity, good luck son !
    I feel a rewrite of Miami to Ibiza "I got a black BM, She got a white TT / She wanna see what's hiding in my CK briefs / I tell ..." Coming on
    TDI-line likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Reverse Gear

Status

Exclamation

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I get what you mean about the red but that's too much of a stretch to me! I think I'll go for the Glacier White for now, I think if go for the Daytona Grey whilst I might be happy with the choice I'm sure I will, at the back of my mind I'll think what if I went for the Glacier White? I don't think me personally will think the same If I'm sat in the Glacier White and see a Daytona Grey.

I say this based on my own stupid brain lol!
    Last edited by Osman7; 8th September 2013 at 23:09.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm also probably one of the younger members here (30), and went for the Daytona Grey. I feel it's more understated elegance which goes better with my personality. If you are a bit more brash maybe go for the Glacier :-)
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

5th Gear

Status
    Glacier white all day long... It really brings out the black styling elements in the front grill.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank you all that have responded.

When other fellow community members look at this thread tomorrow please do give your views, I think I've made my decision that I'm going to go for the Glacier White on the basis I'm 24 and I can get the understated look in my next car.

Not only that but considering most of the community members on this forum have the S-line the in the Daytona Grey, it might be worthwhile being the very few having it in the Glacier White.

Open to views tomorrow! Goodnight.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Was in the same boat...agonised over the decision (although not so openly!) for ages and still go back-and-forth sometimes. My thoughts were that the A3 actually looks better/more impressive in Daytona grey but happier, younger, and more fun in glacier white. Daytona is lovely but just a bit too austere for me. The white looks excellent on smaller cars and compliments the lines of the new A3 well. Daytona grey is, in my opinion, more appropriate on larger cars.

There are no rules...I see large white Audis all the time that I think look fantastic and there is a Daytona grey s-line A3 near here that also looks lovely. Ultimately I went with glacier white. Don't have the car yet but I am not allowing myself to change my mind. I am in Germany and we have the option to get the s-line trim without the body kit. I have gone this route as I love most of the s-line appointments (aside from the 64 different s-line badges everywhere!) but did not feel that the body kit justified the extra expenditure. Uhm...also "the boss" didn't like it!

Ultimately, though, this is a decision that only you can make...we can't make it for you!

GS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for your views, I think your right with your thoughts. Like I said think both the colors stand tall in their own right. I agree that the Daytona Grey gives more of an austere look and I think at 24 that's not the look I want to be going for just yet! Hence, I think I've made my final decision and my intuitive gut is also saying just go for the Glacier White. All year this year, I've tried to be different in terms of trying colors I would not usually go for as I always go the darker shades, so I'm just going to add Glacier White to the list and hopefully will enjoy it!

Any more views appreciated,

1st Gear

Status
    Well I like to see you made the best desicion!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    It was all about Glacier White for me!! I have always loved Audi's in white and didn't want to go for any other colour, I think it compliments the car well (agree with mjcourtney about the grill).The first A3 8V that I saw on the road was a Daytona Grey and in the first instance I didn't realise it was the new shape until I looked back. Don't get me wrong Daytona Grey is an amazing colour, would have been my third choice but I think the Glacier White really suits this shape.

My manager has the A3 in Brilliant Black and mine standing next to it looks like a beast..

I am sure you will be happy with the decision to go with Glacier White, I'm loving it!!
    Loving my Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line Glacier White

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudiOwner View Post
    My manager has the A3 in Brilliant Black and mine standing next to it looks like a beast..
    Pictures of the 2 together?? Need to get a fix of a BB A3

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
    Pictures of the 2 together?? Need to get a fix of a BB A3
    I will try and take one for you, parked separately today unfortunately.
    outlaw7 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    My Glacier White s-line parked next to my friends Phantom Black s-line.

photo.jpg

White FTW
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    More pictures of SB S Line's in Black Please!! Any one handy with photoshop to do the black styling pack aswell??

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    My Glacier White s-line parked next to my friends Phantom Black s-line.

photo.jpg

White FTW
    White is clearly owning this picture!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ha NewAudiOwner I would love to see them two right next to eachother!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok just saw the pictures above, Glacier White kills it! Anyone with Glacier White and Daytona Grey???

Reverse Gear

Status
    Pictures of the two side by side of course, not owning both unless your filthy rich!

5th Gear

Status
    Although I loved my 8P in Phantom Black, its just not doing it for me on the 8V, pleased I specced Daytona, not that I was ever going to go black this time as wanted a change
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Neutral

Status
    I think if you were to choose glacier you wouldn't be disappointed. It looks really nice with privacy glass. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378740476.814957.jpg

You will have to make sure you keep it clean though.
    Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 COD S Line
    Glacier White, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Comfort Package, Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, SD Sat Nav.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I think the color choice each individual makes is also reflective of where they're currently in their lives...

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    I think it sounds like you've made up your mind to go for the white, and I think it's the right choice for you!

Go for that one now, and you can have a Daytona Grey one in the future.

Get it ordered and enjoy it!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm 19, and have gone with the glacier white. Absolutely love the colour, but my second choice would have been the grey

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ha, I've ordered the Glacier White for now, however my dealer has given me the option to change the color if I'm 100% certain before build week.

In all honesty, I'm still in two minds!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Company even...

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Why not ask for one half to be sprayed white, and the other half in grey? Then you can stand at each side, and see which one you prefer! You get the best of both worlds then!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ha if I had that option I think the front in white and back in grey! If only...tbh it'd look pretty ugly with both.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StefRobinson View Post
    Why not ask for one half to be sprayed white, and the other half in grey? Then you can stand at each side, and see which one you prefer! You get the best of both worlds then!
    Nah, 6" stripes, on the diagonal. That will impress the ladies!
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

2nd Gear

Status
    Good job you made your mind up, the alternative is not good.
    there is actually a car like this round my my.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Neutral

Status
    The king of style say white:

Jeremy Clarkson on car colours - BBC Top Gear

and I tend to agree when it comes to Glacier White and the A3/S3 but being of nearly the same age that may not be the news you want

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    The king of style say white:
    ...in 2005. White is way too common these days :P
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Glacier White - fashionable and awesome to look at, but too many new Audis in white (take a walk around a dealership's new car storage if in doubt) and no longer good looking when dirty.

Daytona Grey - elegant with a touch of menace and can take a bit of dirt, but too many grey cars in general and can be dull in typical British weather.

If you are still wavering over colour check Audi's used car locator, refine search results to match your preferred spec (S-Line, Sport, SE) and compare pics there. I'm always wary of looking at promo material for help in choosing colours...will always be designed to make the car look awesome and usually does regardless of colour.
    RobbieWebs likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Fork out £2000 for Suzuka grey.
    Looks amazing in sun and dull weather.
    Who cares if its dirty lol.
    Best of both worlds and probably the only one in that amazing colour so far
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ha, keep the views coming. I'm going with the Glacier White for now, feel I have to get it out of my system...however all can change. It's annoying I look at both pictures of the car and each have their own pros and cons...why the hell is it so tough to pick between the two!

I like how Keyser summed both up! Ok let me put it to you lot like this Friday night in Central London cruising around Oxford Circus etc bla bla you know around London, which one will catch your eye between the two?

5th Gear

Status
    Easy.... Glacier!

4th Gear

Status
    Deffo notice a white car more than a darker one at night
    Friday nights are for unwinding after a long week, leave the car at home and hit the tiles lol.
    The only car ul be thinking about will be the taxi colour taking u home drunk lol
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Glacier white,
    I looked around and saw every colour in person I was interested in and it changed my opinion on some colours. Glacier white is miles better than I expected and nearly swayed me. But Misano Red was my favourite in the end, but I was confident because I has seen all the options.
    my advise would be go round a few dealer, don't do it from photos as they look different in person.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Funny thing happened last night, i went to fill up in my Glacier SB. It was twilight (not the crappy lame film about Vampires), i had just paid in the kiosk and was going back to the ca, the garage fore court light was on the car, and that point i thought the car could off been mistaken for Amalfi white, it looked cream!

Never got that in my Daytona A1.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    You need to have a white car once as a young guy. I did mine at 19 with a Scirocco and it grabbed a lot of attention which you don't mind so much at that age. I'm coming up to 24 myself now and I no longer have any ambition for people looking at/noticing me whilst driving so I've got polar opposite with black-on-black-on-black with my S3 order. Get it out of your system and go white.
    Grey is... meh
    outlaw7 likes this.
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast