Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Start stop disabled

Just took delivery of my brand new 63 sline sportback a3 and driving home start stop was working fine .. Spent some time at home going through car settings .. Took for another drive .. Start stop now unavailable .. Do u think this could be battery voltage related ? As car aint had a good run yet ? Also when Keyed off cooling fan stayed on for about 5 mins and a very hot smell was evident .. Then car shut down .. Is this the dpf ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yes that sounds like a DPF regen and the SS won't work when this is happening.

5th Gear

Status
    It does sound like the symptoms of a Dpf regeneration, however I wouldn't expect that to happen so soon on a brand new car. Thought this was usually after a few thousand miles at least?
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    DPF regens happen from day one.

5th Gear

Status
    if the battery is low on starts it will prevent the car going in to start/stop mode. but this is accompanied by a symbol and a warning 100 start/stops from the battery being disabled from doing so.

but, as its a new car then could be the regen or a crap battery.

Neutral

Status
    Car literally was taken from dealer to home 25 miles ... And I was playing around with all the electrics and toys for a good 2 hours .. I'm guessing the battery needs a good run in daytime to charge up .. Batteries from new are never fully charged . When I left the dealer all was well but when I popped out last night stop start engaged and vehicle started up on its own with the crossed A in the DIS .. Will play again today

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisinns17 View Post
    Just took delivery of my brand new 63 sline sportback a3 and driving home start stop was working fine .. Spent some time at home going through car settings .. Took for another drive .. Start stop now unavailable .. Do u think this could be battery voltage related ? As car aint had a good run yet ? Also when Keyed off cooling fan stayed on for about 5 mins and a very hot smell was evident .. Then car shut down .. Is this the dpf ?
    Mine did exactly the same thing, and it was rather worrying at first as to why the engine was so hot after a couple of slow easy runs, and a general smell of hot fluids from the engine.

From my research this is almost definitely a DPF recycling procedure. I think for me the timing was just unlucky, as when I switched the engine off, the car was probably midway through its cycle leaving everything quite hot and the fan running. Next time I took the car out, the fan was running again and the engine a little warm. Stop/Start was also disabled. By the time I had got to work though, Stop/Start was working normally again, no smells and the engine was cool. This was probably just the DPF finishing off its cycle, and when it had everything was back to normal.

I was surprised that a new car would do this so soon, but mine did it after just 70 miles.

6th Gear

Status
    Stop/Start never works on the first bit of a journey, the engine needs to warm up first
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack