AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Splathead
  • 2 Post By paullowther

Thread: S3 photo shoot in the lakes

4th Gear

Status

S3 photo shoot in the lakes

I know I've still got quite a wait between now and my pick up (some point in December), but I'm planning my pickup already!

I live in Cambridge but have ordered the car from Carlisle Audi, so it's quite a drive! They offered to drop the car off to me here in Cambridge for free but I think a weekend away dedicated to picking up the new car and then a wonderful drive back, with a few stops for photo shoots, through the lake district would be far more memorable than waiting for my car to pull up on a truck around the corner of my road!

As such, can anybody recommend any hotels to stop off at the night before and any places to take some wonderful (hopefully snowy) shots of the new car!
    Last edited by paullowther; 7th September 2013 at 13:11.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I guess you do know that the Lakes is north of Carlisle!

It's a great idea you have to take photos of your new car in the Lakes, it's such a great place to visit even without a new motor!

There are many hotels to choose from.

The Bridge Hotel in Buttermere is a good one we have stayed at.

However, I guess you want to be more central, perhaps in Keswick?

I can't wait to see your photos!

A lot of anticipation, enjoy!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry to he a pedant but Carlisle is definitely North of the Lakes (or it was when I walked there from Ulverstone last year) so a drive back through would be great. Then maybe back through the Peak District.

Howekeld B&B is really nice in Keswick. As for places for photos, try the North end of Great Langdale.
    paullowther likes this.
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

2nd Gear

Status

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great idea Paul, you're one lucky sod !!!! You'll have a seriously memorable pick up in such a way

My pick up is 5 mins up the road .

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Hey Paul, you could stop off at mine on the way back for a joint quattro shoot, @ Peterborough.

Good luck, and how long is the wait?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

4th Gear

Status
    Yes I'm positive Carlisle is North of The Lakes. I like to play around with a bit of photography in my spare time and picked up a canon mark 5d iii (for those who care about photography) earlier this year, but I've never been to the lakes despite being born up North.

Howekeld B&B looks perfect, it's a shame I can't book until I know my pick up date though and I'm worried about how busy it will be around xmas time. Worst comes to worst I'll sleep in the car!

BattleKrapz, I'm sure you can think of some other excuse to go on a long journey!

TDI-Line, P'boro is a mere 20 minutes from me so that could well be on the cards, I'm picking up around christmas time. Santa has been particularly kind to me this year!
    TDI-line and Battlekrapz like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    Sorry to he a pedant but Carlisle is definitely North of the Lakes (or it was when I walked there from Ulverstone last year) so a drive back through would be great. Then maybe back through the Peak District.

Howekeld B&B is really nice in Keswick. As for places for photos, try the North end of Great Langdale.
    Apologies, I was thinking of Lancaster, not Carlisle!

Currently in France, must be too much sun and, er, vin rouge!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13