Bluesman Pjrw

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been lurking for a few weeks, reading up on the new A3 184ps diesel.
Didn't think I would buy one so soon due to waiting lists.
However, I visited my local Audi dealer for a test drive and ended up buying an A3 S line sport back in Glacier White with sat nav, comfort pack, electric seats and folding mirrors. Really surprised as it was in stock and I even got a discount of £2100.
One happy bunny, but my wife thinks I am mad trading in my Porsche Boxster (really good trade in)
should collect next week on my birthday.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like it's worked out well for you.

Reactions: Sandra
Hello all, I have been lurking for a few weeks, reading up on the new A3 184ps diesel.
Didn't think I would buy one so soon due to waiting lists.
However, I visited my local Audi dealer for a test drive and ended up buying an A3 S line sport back in Glacier White with sat nav, comfort pack, electric seats and folding mirrors. Really surprised as it was in stock and I even got a discount of £2100.
One happy bunny, but my wife thinks I am mad trading in my Porsche Boxster (really good trade in)
should collect next week on my birthday.

Welcome to audi-sport.net and the 8v section. You will find us all in here super friendly and helpful. We look forward to pics of your new car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Bluesman, welcome to the forum...I too have had some grief from my family for trading in my 2012 S Line A6 for a 2013 S Line Tfsi S Line Sportback due end of October. As much as I love the 6 it really isn't practical for me due to its size (wont fit in my garage!) parking is always an issue for me with it, never any spaces large enough and being diesel I am just not doing enough miles a year to justify it over the petrol, sometimes you've just got to take the plunge..that diesel you've chosen looks like the pick of the bunch presently, I reckon my A6 is fast enough yet its only 177bhp...Your A3 is going to fly!! :) Great choice

Looks like i have some countdown threads to get organised for the new members to (the class of 63). :) x

Welcome to A-S.

Nice spec, was it a quattro or the manual 184?

Welcome to the forum Bluesman. Enjoy reading/interacting in this forum. Not long to go now.

Welcome, I have already found the 150bhp TDI to be noticeably quicker than the 170bhp A4, so the 184bhp should be nippier still, not sure it will be in the same league as the boxter for performance but will certainly be more roomy and expect with a few more mod cons.

It is a manual and has heated seats not electric. I know it will not be as fast as the Boxster, but the number of times that I used its performance on todays roads was negligible. It was an aspirational car that I always promised myself, but I have scratched that itch and to be fair my wifes 2006 TT is a better all round car, without the punitive servicing/running costs. I am looking forward to the more practical A3, and it certainly didn't feel slow on my test drive 0-60 7.5 secs will do me.
Has anyone taken up the service plan or extra years warranty, is it worth the cost ??
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Pedro

It is a manual and has heated seats not electric. I know it will not be as fast as the Boxster, but the number of times that I used its performance on todays roads was negligible. It was an aspirational car that I always promised myself, but I have scratched that itch and to be fair my wifes 2006 TT is a better all round car, without the punitive servicing/running costs. I am looking forward to the more practical A3, and it certainly didn't feel slow on my test drive 0-60 7.5 secs will do me.
Has anyone taken up the service plan or extra years warranty, is it worth the cost ??
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Pedro
hi pedro welcome to the forum.

i have done the service plan, it won't save you much, I do 14000 - 15000 miles a year and I think it will save me about £200 - £250 before the 30000 mile limit runs out over paying for as I go, so better than nothing. (It runs to 3 years but i will get to the 30000 miles limit first)

i have done the 4 year warrantee as my loan payment on the car will run into the forth year and I Like the piece of mind, it looked a good option from what i saw and wasn't too dear, but I think in the small print the extended warrantee is only transferable to the new owner if you buy another Audi from a dealership, so I personally wouldn't extended it longer than you intend to keep the car as it has possibly no future value or benefit.