EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Automatic Wipers

Does anybody know how to turn on the automatic wipers?

They seemed to work before but are now not coming on. I've checked and Rain Sensors are enabled in the MMI.

Does anyone know if you have to do something special to get them working, is it like the lights where you have to set it to auto?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Usually stalk is pushed up to the 1st position if rain sensor is fitted.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, just adjust the stalk. You have to be moving as well. I had to 'kick them off' this morning and set them going by pulling the stalk towards you briefly (not long enough for the washers to come on though), but it takes over from then and worked fine. I put the sensitivity up high though!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers, I'll give that a go!

I did spend minutes with water on the windscreen wondering why they weren't coming on. In the end I manually turned them on and then was wondering why they didn't switch off when it stopped raining. I guess you get used to them 'just working'!

5th Gear

Status
    I'm sure I remember my dealer telling me the lights had to be set to Auto to also enable the auto-wipers.... although I might be imagining that!
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

5th Gear

Status
    The rain sensor calibrates itself when you turn the ignition on so if there is rain on the windsreeen it sees this as being clear/rain free and the auto function will not work as it does not "see" any new rain. But as long as you do as cermerson describes tokick start them they should work perfectly.

Out of habit, i swipe the wipers whenever there is the sightest bit of water on the screen when i first get in.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    The rain sensor calibrates itself when you turn the ignition on so if there is rain on the windsreeen it sees this as being clear/rain free and the auto function will not work as it does not "see" any new rain. But as long as you do as cermerson describes tokick start them they should work perfectly.

Out of habit, i swipe the wipers whenever there is the sightest bit of water on the screen when i first get in.
    That's just happened to me on my way home. Got in the car, water on the windscreen but the wipers didn't move so gave it a wipe. Then after at it worked itself.
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

2nd Gear

Status

Automatic Wipers

Still haven't got the hang of mine.

They seem to be governed more by vehicle speed than amount of rain actually on the screen.

Yes Comfort pack and yes stalk in right position.
    Enjoying my 8V

6th Gear

Status
    Strange system the Audi seems to have. I have a Ford and I always leave mine off until it starts raining then turn it onto automatic and they work fine, The only link to the headlights is when they're also set to auto and it starts raining and the auto wipers are used during the day they will come on. The calibration should happen every so often as there is no point it happening at first ignition on...

6th Gear

Status
    They will work when stationary, they just slow down a bit.

Also, bear in mind that if you start the ignition with the wipers switched on (any position other than off), then the wipers won't operate at all until you actually start moving. This is a safety feature for cold winter days when the screen and wipers could well be iced up in the morning.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors