Electric folding mirrors supposed to dip down when reversing?

brad9753

Reaction score
Says it all in the title really. I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that with the electric folding mirrors, the mirrors automatically dip when you reverse. Of am I just making this up? Would look in the Manuel but I am away from home at the moment.

Pretty sure you have to have mirror adjustor set to the passenger mirror and it it will dip down when reverse is selected

I tested this out tonight, havn't changed anything in the Mmi yet. On selecting reverse and moving the wingmirror selector to the passenger wingmirror - will dip the wingmirror.

From what I remember, this should be a programmable feature, will have to play around with it, or even look at the manual.

Says it all in the title really. I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that with the electric folding mirrors, the mirrors automatically dip when you reverse. Of am I just making this up? Would look in the Manuel but I am away from home at the moment.

You are correct they do, there is thread on here recently on how to set them up.

I tested this out tonight, havn't changed anything in the Mmi yet. On selecting reverse and moving the wingmirror selector to the passenger wingmirror - will dip the wingmirror.

From what I remember, this should be a programmable feature, will have to play around with it, or even look at the manual.

That's pretty much it. Adjust it while it is dipped to save a new position. It's as simple as that!

Mirror adjustment switch must be left in nearside position, if in centre position it is in off position and will not work.

Yeh, I leave mine off (in case I knock it by accident), and can dip the mirror if I need it - tricky corner or need extra visibility - but saves everything moving every time I go into reverse then having to move back again

Mirror moves back to original position automatic when you select forward gear

Yes, but all takes time - no point if you don't need it. I can use it when I need it.

Only if you don't have it as standard - that's for enabling it on cars that don't have the folding mirrors, the dipping can still be enabled I think

Hmm, I have to try this myself or maybe I misunderstood the thread title "[h=2]Electric folding mirrors supposed to dip down when reversing[/h]"
but what is the idea if the mirrors dip down when driving backwards? How are you supposed to use them to see whats going on in the back?

Regards,
Tom

Hmm, I have to try this myself or maybe I misunderstood the thread title "Electric folding mirrors supposed to dip down when reversing

"
but what is the idea if the mirrors dip down when driving backwards? How are you supposed to use them to see whats going on in the back?

Regards,
Tom

i thinks it's so you can see down to the kerb better when parking.

I don't have mine on permently, if I'm parallel parking I switch it on, all other times it off.

Worth noting that each key will save it in their own positions.