Cruise control adjustment

Zygote

Reaction score
Hey all!

I teat drove a A3 today with ACC and I couldnt figure out how to increment the cruise control speed in 1km/h steps. It went from 70 to 75 and then from 80 to 90 and 100 etc. How do i set it to do 94 for example?

You can't - it's done in steps. The idea is that you don't need to to be that accurate because it will adjust the speed if it needs to. Is there a need to drive at 94mph exactly?

Below 40 the steps are in 2.5mph though, and you can press the set button at any speed you like to keep that speed.

I've been contemplating that too and I assumed that was why. The reason for going 94km/h is because if the speed limit is 90, then traffic here seems to generally float around 93-95, as everyone "knows" their speedometers are a few km/h's too high, hence people compensate automatically by driving a bit faster. Difficult when the cruise control won't allow you to do that :/

Below 40 the steps are in 2.5mph though, and you can press the set button at any speed you like to keep that speed.

Ah, this pretty much solves that problem! Thanks :) no idea why I didn't think of that. Probably due to how I've gotten used to use my CC in my BMW

Yes it will - set it at 95 and the ACC will follow the traffic. That's the whole point! You just set it to the maximum speed you want to go and it sorts out the rest.