EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Cruise control adjustment

Hey all!

I teat drove a A3 today with ACC and I couldnt figure out how to increment the cruise control speed in 1km/h steps. It went from 70 to 75 and then from 80 to 90 and 100 etc. How do i set it to do 94 for example?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You can't - it's done in steps. The idea is that you don't need to to be that accurate because it will adjust the speed if it needs to. Is there a need to drive at 94mph exactly?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Below 40 the steps are in 2.5mph though, and you can press the set button at any speed you like to keep that speed.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    I've been contemplating that too and I assumed that was why. The reason for going 94km/h is because if the speed limit is 90, then traffic here seems to generally float around 93-95, as everyone "knows" their speedometers are a few km/h's too high, hence people compensate automatically by driving a bit faster. Difficult when the cruise control won't allow you to do that :/

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Below 40 the steps are in 2.5mph though, and you can press the set button at any speed you like to keep that speed.
    Ah, this pretty much solves that problem! Thanks no idea why I didn't think of that. Probably due to how I've gotten used to use my CC in my BMW

6th Gear

Status
    Yes it will - set it at 95 and the ACC will follow the traffic. That's the whole point! You just set it to the maximum speed you want to go and it sorts out the rest.