What do you think of the non-leather sport seats?

Zygote

Reaction score
I'm currently in a BMW 116d 2012 and I kick myself every day for not picking the famous BMW sport seats as the standard ones are a bit on the firm side and on trips longer than 1 hour, my butt gets sore :/

Configuring my A3 now and I'm considering the sport seats (non leather). Just wondering what you all think of them as opposed to the regular ones?

I can only comment on the standard part leather s line seats in A3 I test drove last week, and I found the roughest roads round my way to test the suspension and found that the seats where brilliant at helping absorbing the bumps without bouncing you around. Far better than my Honda which I thought way pretty good until I compared it to the s line.
A3 s line standard (same as sport but upgrade cloth / leather i believe) are really comfy but not too spongy / springy.
Have only sat in a stationary BMW 1 series and found it a bit cramped and not as comfy as A3, but i am 6'3" and quite fussy about seats and seating position.
not quite what you asked but hope it helps a little.

A3 s line standard (same as sport but upgrade cloth / leather i believe) are really comfy but not too spongy / springy.

Had a frustrating total of 3.5 hours in my A3 s line with half leather seats today covering around 55 miles round the a406(North circular) how frustrating is that in a brand new car, but on the up side seats are really comfortable. Would also add fine adjustment of seat position is really easy to do while you are driving

Last edited:
Yes, I have Sports Seats. I am a heavy individual and they support me very well. I have only done a two hour trip so far in my new car and I have found them just fine.