Rusty discs & calipers!

Brownie78

Reaction score
Website
www.mattbrownphotography.co.uk
Has anyone had any success with getting rusty brake discs/calipers replaced under warranty? I haven't approached Audi yet but I'm going to give it a go.

Mine look awful, 9 out of 10 people who look at my car end up saying something like 'do you know your wheels/brakes are all rusty, that's not very good is it'. I take pride in keeping my car spotless so it's starting to get a bit annoying!

I would say disks are normal to rust but not the calipers. Can you take a pic?

Yeah I'll take a pic,

When I say discs it's not the actual disc part its what some might call the hub I suppose?! (the section between the back of the wheel and the disc, about an inch or so deep)

How long have you had it? I would expect that to rust over time too due to constant heating and cooling

I know it's not an A3 but I had this issue on my A1.

Long story short we tried to claim on warranty and the dealer we bought the car from wasn't having any of it. In the end after complaining about this and the general poor service when the car was in for some other things they agreed a fix.

The dealer did an OEM repair (according to the paperwork) that sprayed the calipers in a dark grey finish and refurbished the hubs. No problems since with rust and they actually look really smart against 18" rotors.

Would suggest kicking off and complaining because there is obviously a fix.

A small tin of Hammerite black, small brush and a couple of S line decals = Problem solved in a couple of hours.