North-west Dealership

I have a A3 black edition on black. Would rather not mention the said person.

Hey everyone just wondered if anyone has any more stories / dealings with north west dealerships that they would like to share??

I bought mine from Audi LIverpool and have to say the service i got was very good.
I got a very good trade in price on the car i had to PX and i also got a very good deal on the A3 Sportback i eneded up buying.
The dealers were freindly and approachable and they had a decenet stock of used & new vehicles.
I would certainly use them again in the future, the only gripe i have and its not really at Audi but the company the use to detail the cars.

I took the A3 in the have the Sat-nav fitted which took about 2 hours to connect ect...At the end the service anager asked would i like the car washed and i said i was actually in a bit of a rush but as he said they would only take 10 minutes i said ok.

Anyway after collecting the car from being washed i was shocked at the quallty of the cleaning job.. There was a massive bipece of bird **** on the bonnet when it went in and had the general dirt marks on it. It cam out with the bird **** still on the bonnet !! and more marks along the passengers side the full length of the car. Now these marks im not sure how they put them on but as the car had not been dried i lightly tried to rub it off any nothing. In the end i used a cloth and water and had to give it a very hard rub to remove this thick residue which had been left on the car. There was also a very distinct strong smell of diesel in the car along with lots of greasy/wet hand marks in the car. Bare in mind at this point the car was 6 days old and still brand new it literaly came out with more marks on the car then it went in with !!

I raised the issues with the service manager who said they had an on-going issue with the valet team the use for the work. I told him i didnt want to kick up a fuss but in future i would rather they not offer me as i would never use the cleaning service again. This kind of put me in a mood with the service i recieved from the service department but it was not there fault but something i feel they should address quickly.

Overall i would rate them 9/10 and can said that i would reccomend them to friends & family and i would use them again in the future.

Hope this helps you out.

Reactions: Buneet
I bought mine from Audi LIverpool and have to say the service i got was very good.
I got a very good trade in price on the car i had to PX and i also got a very good deal on the A3 Sportback i eneded up buying.
The dealers were freindly and approachable and they had a decenet stock of used & new vehicles.
I would certainly use them again in the future, the only gripe i have and its not really at Audi but the company the use to detail the cars.

I took the A3 in the have the Sat-nav fitted which took about 2 hours to connect ect...At the end the service anager asked would i like the car washed and i said i was actually in a bit of a rush but as he said they would only take 10 minutes i said ok.

Anyway after collecting the car from being washed i was shocked at the quallty of the cleaning job.. There was a massive bipece of bird **** on the bonnet when it went in and had the general dirt marks on it. It cam out with the bird **** still on the bonnet !! and more marks along the passengers side the full length of the car. Now these marks im not sure how they put them on but as the car had not been dried i lightly tried to rub it off any nothing. In the end i used a cloth and water and had to give it a very hard rub to remove this thick residue which had been left on the car. There was also a very distinct strong smell of diesel in the car along with lots of greasy/wet hand marks in the car. Bare in mind at this point the car was 6 days old and still brand new it literaly came out with more marks on the car then it went in with !!

I raised the issues with the service manager who said they had an on-going issue with the valet team the use for the work. I told him i didnt want to kick up a fuss but in future i would rather they not offer me as i would never use the cleaning service again. This kind of put me in a mood with the service i recieved from the service department but it was not there fault but something i feel they should address quickly.

Overall i would rate them 9/10 and can said that i would reccomend them to friends & family and i would use them again in the future.

Hope this helps you out.

Since I last posted on this thread, I picked up my new A3 after buying it from Audi Liverpool. To be honest I don't think there were any downsides to my purchase, the sales manager and the salesman are both friends of my dads and treated us well, I can't say anything bad about that. Threw in a nice umbrella too! Has to ask for that usually whenever we have bought Mercedes/BMW in the past we would always get a gift! Otherwise they are lovely people and so far they seem like they will look after you, but I haven't taken my car in for any service reasons yet so I wouldn't know what the future holds.

^ I forgot to mention i also got 2 Audi baseball caps thrown in as an extra sweetener, oh how cool we will look driving our Audi in His & Hers matching hats lol.

Lol I like the last few posts!! Seems like Liverpool are a good option then! I'm sorry to hear about the car wash experience - I wouldn't be happy with that but I hope it's all shiny and smelling good now 👍

Cars gone back into Carlisle Audi for a few days to see if they can fix the GPS clock issue. Brill service as usual and they gave me a brand new A5 convertible to roll around in!!

Reactions: paullowther
Cars gone back into Carlisle Audi for a few days to see if they can fix the GPS clock issue. Brill service as usual and they gave me a brand new A5 convertible to roll around in!!

That sounds awesome! How u finding the A5? Did u buy from carlisle? How did u find them?

Crewe - Liars/Con-men.
Stoke - Liars/Con-men.
Warrington - Seem OK so far but waiting to catch a lie.

Oh.... I'm serious too, the way they treat their customers is plain and simple disgusting.

If you want any details then PM me, while I'm entitled to my opinion I am not on a smear campaign.

+1 avoid Crewe/Stoke/Stafford (Swansway Garages) at all costs
Crewe VW, same group, is just as bad

Ended up cancelling orders and ordering from Dundee Audi and Chester VW in the past because of them

Also their bodyshop is awful and the managers/directors are rude

Never, ever again

Another thumbs up for Carlisle Audi from me.

Bought my current, previous and next Audi from them and always been looked after. Both with he purchase of the car as wel as the maintenance and general servicing and fixing a couple of car problems (build faults) always fixed without a problem with as little inconvienience to me.

My current and next A3 are/will be from Macclesfield Audi from which I have had no bad experiences. Crewe Audi is on my doorstep but I will never set foot in there again after a real bad experience concerning my new car enquiry back in June.
I would rather travel an additional 20 miles than use Crewe. Winds me up now just thinking about it. Grrrr

I'm glad you put that Macc is my closest dealer and my A3 should be delivered to them in a few weeks.
A1 came from crewe, sales was OK, service is rubbish, i didn't even give them a go on the A3 deal..

I'm glad you put that Macc is my closest dealer and my A3 should be delivered to them in a few weeks.
A1 came from crewe, sales was OK, service is rubbish, i didn't even give them a go on the A3 deal..

Macc is some distance away from me but I'm prepared to travel if this is a front runner for the best dealership in the north west!! Also what they like on discounts??

Macc is only a small dealership so don't expect any R8s to tyre kick.
They knew I had previously got a good deal and they had lost a deal to crewe before.
I didn't want a 13 plate and delayed for 6 months.
I went in and they put a sign now deal on the table. The deal sounded right and
was a lot cheaper then the deal discussed 6 months ago even taking into account what i had paid off.
Call them and have a chat with Gary Oakes.

How are people getting on with ordering their new cars? Any recent experiences using north west dealerships?

I've just collected mine from Macclesfield.
I had update emails all through the build process, car was collected a few days after it arrived.
Car was spotless and valeted to a good standard, good smooth handover process.
Allowed to choose a gift from the accessory stand and the car had a full tank of fuel.
Overall I've had good service so far it's been a completely smooth process......

How are people getting on with ordering their new cars? Any recent experiences using north west dealerships?

So far so good. Using Carlisle Audi through DTD. Mike at Carlisle has been great so far. Picking up the car in two weeks so I guess this is when it tests how good they are.

So far so good. Using Carlisle Audi through DTD. Mike at Carlisle has been great so far. Picking up the car in two weeks so I guess this is when it tests how good they are.

So did DTD put you in contact with Carlisle? Or did you produce a quote from DTD and they matched it?

I've just collected mine from Macclesfield.
I had update emails all through the build process, car was collected a few days after it arrived.
Car was spotless and valeted to a good standard, good smooth handover process.
Allowed to choose a gift from the accessory stand and the car had a full tank of fuel.
Overall I've had good service so far it's been a completely smooth process......

That sounds good. Did you use orange wheels or DTD?

So did DTD put you in contact with Carlisle? Or did you produce a quote from DTD and they matched it?

DTD out me in touch with Carlisle once I'd paid the deposit. The fella there is in the leasing section. We'll be changing our other car soon so I'll be asking if I can deal directly or pushing our local dealer harder. Manchester's Jardine motors (which is closest to us) has a price match guarantee on so I'd imagine we'd try them first using DTD price or which ever is cheapest at the time.

DTD out me in touch with Carlisle once I'd paid the deposit. The fella there is in the leasing section. We'll be changing our other car soon so I'll be asking if I can deal directly or pushing our local dealer harder. Manchester's Jardine motors (which is closest to us) has a price match guarantee on so I'd imagine we'd try them first using DTD price or which ever is cheapest at the time.

Hey thanks for that- so would you recommend DTD or orange wheels?

Hey thanks for that- so would you recommend DTD or orange wheels?

I didn't look into Orange Wheels, but would certainly use DTD again. It's all been very easy so far DTD were really professional as Carlisle Audi have been. As I said earlier though I'd probably try a local Manchester branch next time so I'm dealing a little closer to home.

Just out of interest does DTD give you a quite there and then so you can just present this to your local dealer to match?

Yes, you can even get this before paying. Take a look at their site.

Yeah that looks good I just checked orange wheels and the quote on there but surely my local dealer would want to know which audi dealer had provided this quote through orange wheels??

Since they've not been mentioned yet - I've had my car in at Bolton Audi a few times for servicing and customer service there is top notch.

Not bought a car from them so I can't comment on that end of things but based on their service and parts departments, I'll be going there for my next car.

I think I'm going to pay a visit to a few dealers over the next few weeks. Would people recommend just turning up or getting a quote over the phone/email?
Anyone else offer tips in the north west?

Turn up I would - shows them you are serious, and worth investing a bit in to get a sale (time-wise and financially)

Has anyone had dealings with Preston/bolton/cheshire oaks/Warrington??

Has anyone had dealings with Preston/bolton/cheshire oaks/Warrington??

I've not bought a car from these but have had my car serviced and bought from the parts department at Bolton Audi.
Customer service is excellent and staff are friendly.

I think at this point you just need to select your three nearest dealers, go to your least preferred choice first, then the middle.
Get and idea of what the deal looks like.
Go to you preferred choice see what they offer, if the others are better push for a better deal.

You are the only one that can decide, and the only way you will decide is by doing the leg work and forming your own opinion.

May sound harsh but their isn't a golden dealer that we can say this one will give you the best deal and service.....

Good luck......

Stoke,Stafford and Crewe are all part of the same company.In the end I tried Orange Wheels and got a 2k discount and a better part ex.

I have had to send my s3 into Liverpool Audi and I got a phone call to say they can not look at my car for 3 days cos it was not booked in I have had to have a few words with them due to there poor service as my car is wanted for coil pack recall and mine have gone and had to get it towed in there this morning

I have had to send my s3 into Liverpool Audi and I got a phone call to say they can not look at my car for 3 days cos it was not booked in I have had to have a few words with them due to there poor service as my car is wanted for coil pack recall and mine have gone and had to get it towed in there this morning

Coil pack recall on an 8V?

Main dealers....stealers...if you do get great service its surprising. Why do we use them ? Its not just Audi its VW and BMW, Ive bought used cars from all of them and had some serious issues, some of which were sorted some not. I now take my complaints to the management of the group, so for instance Sytner is the owner of Audi Leeds..Manchester Audi is Jardine Motors. Once the management are involved they usually sort things out fairly quickly. I would never ever buy a car from Gilder though, had a terrible experience at VW Chesterfield and their manager Ray Barlow and with the Gilder director Gary Scotting, words cant describe !

I suppose main dealers work on the principle that the majority of people wont complain or are fairly ignorant or arent obseesed about cars like us anyway so the ones that do complain are a minority and can be dealt with in a fairly defensive and aggressive manor, or just fobbed off.
The few customers who win the battle cost the main dealer some money but thats fairly rare. The British are crap at complaining.
Its all about striking a balance between making lots of dosh and keeping the majority of customers reasonably happy
Theres plenty of schmooze with free cups of this and that, biscuits, cakes, sweets and fancy show rooms

Plenty of profit needed to pay for all that....

I think it may also depend on who you deal with at the main dealer

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to be fair bmw have had the best service for me so far my other half has got a new 1 series and the alloys started to corrode and they have all been replaced on warranty with no hassle at all

Best to assume all car sales-person treat you like this then you don't get too disappointed when they do. Once the deal is in the bag your new 'best mate is suddenly anything but! I wondeR if those buying really expensive Audi's get treated like lowly A1/A3 customers do.

And from experiencer some sales PERSOn React poorly to brokers quotes and instantly put the barriers thinking that their time could be wasted as the customer will go elsewhere. The penny has not dropped that we need to get the best price, so common sense surely says, what can I do to win this sale? Instead most act like a complete **** and treat the customer with contempt.

Good luck and keep us updated how things go.

No a 8p mate

Ok mate was just confused as this is on the 8V forum! My dad has had similar problems with Audi Liverpool messing him about when needing some fairly basic stuff doing on his TT... I think at one point they actually charged him for some work that they hadn't done....Springs I think it was but luckily he had a look before and after and noticed that they definitely weren't new!

took my s3 into warrington audi for a full service, once i picked it up they told me my front discs and pads would need replacing in 2000 miles. the next day i undertook this job, changing discs and pads is easy.. once started i only discovered my off side front calliper to be held on by only 1 bolt. i was disgusted and phoned them saying"if they noticed the pads and discs needed replacing surely they could have noticed my calliper was only held on by one bolt." they denied all knowledge since then NEVER USED THE STEALERS !!!!!