Audi rings

Silver or black rings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MouseGB

Reaction score
Just wondering about fitting black Audi Rings to the new car, S-Line in Daytona grey. I think it'll stay silver but has anyone swapped over?

What are we voting on exactly? Which we have or which we prefer? Not that it matters for me as the answer is the same in both cases...

Just found this looking for something else on Audi website, which I never knew :

The Audi badge – the four rings – is the emblem of one of Germany’s oldest car manufacturers. It symbolizes the merger in 1932 of what until then had been four independent vehicle manufacturers: Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer. They are the origin of the present day AUDI AG. The company’s actual roots go back further still. All the way back in 1899, August Horch, who named the company Audi ten years later, built his first car. AUDI AG celebrated “100 Years of Audi” in 2009.

As was on topic for thread thought might intest some people.

Reactions: TDI-line
I don't think I'd ever have black ones.

I guess a full black edition might be a candidate for them?

i would agree, only time I would prefer the ring black is on a black paint, black edition, tinted window etc. then it would look great.

i would agree, only time I would prefer the ring black is on a black paint, black edition, tinted window etc. then it would look great.

I've just added the black styling pack to my panther black s3 with privacy glass. Gone for the full on stealth look. I might have a play with the black rings, although having some silver helps break up the car IMO. I loved the look of the silver wing mirrors in particular.

I've just added the black styling pack to my panther black s3 with privacy glass. Gone for the full on stealth look. I might have a play with the black rings, although having some silver helps break up the car IMO. I loved the look of the silver wing mirrors in particular.

I agree - I don't like the all black look. You have to break it up a bit. Even an all black grill would look odd to me.

if you have silver alloys, mirrors and rings wouldn't give some continuity, if every thing is black / dark then black rings for me.

if you have silver alloys, mirrors and rings wouldn't give some continuity, if every thing is black / dark then black rings for me.

Yeah, well I'll have the part polished anthracite alloys, standard on the s3, the silver wing mirrors and the normal audi rings so it's not all black. The chrome tailpipes too on the back. I wonder if I'll be one of the first black style s3's on the road as it only became available a few weeks ago, the weekend I placed my order.

Yeah, well I'll have the part polished anthracite alloys, standard on the s3, the silver wing mirrors and the normal audi rings so it's not all black. The chrome tailpipes too on the back. I wonder if I'll be one of the first black style s3's on the road as it only became available a few weeks ago, the weekend I placed my order.

probably one of the first, will look very cool ! Love black cars may go back to next time, but looking forward to Misano red for a change

Just found this looking for something else on Audi website, which I never knew :

The Audi badge – the four rings – is the emblem of one of Germany’s oldest car manufacturers. It symbolizes the merger in 1932 of what until then had been four independent vehicle manufacturers: Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer. They are the origin of the present day AUDI AG. The company’s actual roots go back further still. All the way back in 1899, August Horch, who named the company Audi ten years later, built his first car. AUDI AG celebrated “100 Years of Audi” in 2009.

As was on topic for thread thought might intest some people.

I'm not 100% sure but I think AUDI stands for Auto. Union. DKW. I= Inglestadt (where they are built) useless information I know lol

Reactions: Fragup
I'm not 100% sure but I think AUDI stands for Auto. Union. DKW. I= Inglestadt (where they are built) useless information I know lol

I read an article on the Audi website.
The Audi name came from the translation of "Horch" to the Latin word "listen", thought of by the son of a colleague of August Horch.

Last edited: