Onboard Handbook

cemerson

Reaction score
Has anyone tried loading this yet? Is it good? Do you have to have the CD/DVD in every time you want to use it, or do you just load it once and then can use it from then on?

Has anyone tried loading this yet? Is it good? Do you have to have the CD/DVD in every time you want to use it, or do you just load it once and then can use it from then on?

I was not aware of an onboard CD/DVD manual, there is an iphone app which offers online "how to guides" apparently you point your camera at something in the car e.g cruise control stalk, and you get online videos and other content on how it works.

I have loaded to be app but not tried it yet as the camera on my phone inconvieneiently decided t opack up on Saturday and waiting for a new phone to be delivered

Perhaps its only on the tech pack. I got a CD (or DVD) inside the front cover of the MMI manual. I don't have an iPhone so can't use that app.

I think the disc only needs to be inserted once, to "update" the user guide.

Yeah I've uploaded it. You don't have to have the disk in once it's imported the data. It's quite useful and provides a guide for most of the gadgets, but it's not the full user manual.

Installed this today - only had a brief look but looks like it could be useful

Yes I have, no it doesn't need the disc as it loads it into the system as you've put...

Would a bear have loaded the manual then?

Or do you mean "bare minimum" :p

Your dealer did such a growling bear minimum he didn't even preset the radio stations for you :p

Cor, wish I was your salesman. But fat commission for doing nothing ;)

Haha

Does the A3 S-line get the onboard handbook (or is it just with a Tech Package ?) Where do I find it in the MMI system please ?

But you have to load it first and it might only apply to vehicles that have a hard drive, tech pack...

Reactions: AJH48
Thanks to cuke2u and The Challinor; I don't seem to have it on my system, so it must be associated with the tech pack.

It's not on your system, you have to load it from the CD/DVD you are given (if you were given it).

Which was within the document wallet in my car. My guess would be if it's not there it must only be able to be loaded up to the mmi tech pack and tech pack connect...

I checked with my Audi dealer and it seems that the tech pack is essential for the onboard handbook.

Reactions: cuke2u