• 1 Post By rocketpaul
  • 4 Post By Richyboyp
  • 6 Post By Vertigo1
  • 1 Post By paullowther

Thread: B&O

1st Gear

Status

B&O

So I'm loving pretty much everything about this car. The adaptive lights, folding mirrors when I lock it, just everything!! Then I get in when its dark.... Wow! This is a bit sad but the LED lighting inside for footwell is cool! The rings around the cup holders just fab and the the LED strip over the B&O speakers! Amazing. The cockpits lights up fantastic I'm wearing a proper Audi grin now 👍👍
    A3 S Line 1.8 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    nice one, any pictures of the interior lighting?
    paullowther likes this.

Short Back

Status
    Yea! Show us what you see.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1st Gear

Status
    Photos, love to see the b&0 with the interior lights

1st Gear

Status
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068730.029532.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068743.794980.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068755.379179.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068766.961056.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068777.331669.jpg
    Sorry about quality. This may be a little crap representation. Will try get better ones up. Anyone with obvious better ability than me is welcome to join in
    Dan76, Fragup, rocketpaul and 1 others like this.
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

1st Gear

Status
    Can't really see the footwell lights but its shuttle and looks fab I promise.
    Happy days

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice, the line of the b&o looks a really nice touch.

Thanks for the pics

1st Gear

Status
    I hope you had a smooth landing

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyboyp View Post
    Can't really see the footwell lights but its shuttle and looks fab I promise.
    glad I Went for I the interior lights pack, shame i couldn't get b&o.
    looks great !
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Lurker

Status
    Looks fantastic! Night Rider comes to mind lol
    December seems much further away for me now...
    8V 1.8 TFSI S-line Sportback
    Daytona Grey | B&O | Privacy Glass | Tech pack | Comfort pack | Interior Light pack | Through Load facility | Sports Suspension |
    Mods to fit | Ali pedals | H&R Spacers 10mm front & 15mm rear |

Short Back

Status
    it really does look good ...except for I can't get over the blue in the heater controls! I get that it's meant to be retro, but it's so 1970's. A simple + -, ^ v or Red fading to white would have made all the difference! Blue has no place on the console imho.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

6th Gear

Status
    If you want the full "Tron" effect :D

Interestingly, I didn't realise there was footwell lighting in the rear too until last weekend when someone back there commented on it!
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

4th Gear

Status
    Just waited outside until it was dark enough to get the same effect but without the B&O speaker and tech pack MMI control light.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Neutral

Status
    Nice picture. Where is the purple light near the gear shifter coming from?

Neutral

Status
    Speaking of lights.. Is it possible to have the car turn on the LED running lights when you unlock the car from the outside? I have that on my BMW 116d, and I think it looks really neat when I approach my car during the dark. I also have the small LED lights on the door handles that illuminate the ground which also looks really cool, as well as the blue mood lighting inside. As I havent been able to play with a new A3 in the dark, Im wondering if I can get something similar on it!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    If you want the full "Tron" effect :D

Interestingly, I didn't realise there was footwell lighting in the rear too until last weekend when someone back there commented on it!
    That couldn't look ANY COOLER. Love it!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygote View Post
    Speaking of lights.. Is it possible to have the car turn on the LED running lights when you unlock the car from the outside? I have that on my BMW 116d, and I think it looks really neat when I approach my car during the dark. I also have the small LED lights on the door handles that illuminate the ground which also looks really cool, as well as the blue mood lighting inside. As I havent been able to play with a new A3 in the dark, Im wondering if I can get something similar on it!
    Yes, you need to set this up in the MMI under coming home / leaving lights. Mine do seem a tad tempremental though. Sometimes they come on by themselves (when it's dark), other times they don't come on unless I double press unlock on the remote. The logical people out there will be thinking they only operate in the dark.... and you'd be right..... except it's not consistent at all. In pitch black they don't come, parked directly under a street light they do come on. Dusk with plenty of evening sunlight and they still come on....

Very odd... but doesn't bother me as I can always activate them manually by double tapping unlock on the remote.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    I hope the lit up mmi comtroler is standard and not part of the light pack. Very nice picture of the inside

5th Gear

Status
    The white ring on the MMI dial is only with the Tech Pack as it illuminates to indicate when the touch pad is active.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Bob I have the light pack but no tech pack. Mine doesn't light up like that. It's just a red ring. Gutted
    Happy days

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyboyp View Post
    Bob I have the light pack but no tech pack. Mine doesn't light up like that. It's just a red ring. Gutted
    Not to bad, red not as nice as the white, but its better than nothing.

4th Gear

Status
    The white ring around the MMI dial is worth the £1500 in itself. The bigger screen etc is a bonus!
    Cumbrian_bob likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I really wish I'd have spec'd the tech pack now. It's a real boggle since picking up, admit I didn't even get the sd satnav. Trying though to get the dealer down on price atm! Working well too.
    Happy days

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygote View Post
    Nice picture. Where is the purple light near the gear shifter coming from?
    It just looks a bit purple, it's actually a white LED strip around the inside of each cup-holder. Part of the interior light pack.

Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    The white ring on the MMI dial is only with the Tech Pack as it illuminates to indicate when the touch pad is active.
    Yeah it lights up when the touch pad is active but is permanently lit at night.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Yes, you need to set this up in the MMI under coming home / leaving lights. Mine do seem a tad tempremental though. Sometimes they come on by themselves (when it's dark), other times they don't come on unless I double press unlock on the remote. The logical people out there will be thinking they only operate in the dark.... and you'd be right..... except it's not consistent at all. In pitch black they don't come, parked directly under a street light they do come on. Dusk with plenty of evening sunlight and they still come on....

Very odd... but doesn't bother me as I can always activate them manually by double tapping unlock on the remote.

Think this is to do with the logic of the coming home/leaving home function which works along the lines of if the car is left unused in a single place for something like 2 hours it assumes its at home on a dark driveway and hence turns on DRL'S and fog lights and under this time assumes its on a well lit street and does not turn on the lights.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.