Paint swatches!

paullowther

Reaction score
I'm not actually picking up my car this weekend like a lot of you are, which made me sad, so I decided to go visit the audi garage anyway to remind myself of what you lot are set to enjoy!

I'll make sure to get some pictures of A3's to wet your appetites and post them on here!

Reactions: NewAudiOwner and Karl Alesbury
Okay so I called Cambridge, Huntingdon & Bedford Audi this morning to see if any of them had the estoril blue and panther black cars available for me to take a look at. Huntingdon said they had an RS5 and SQ5 in. The lady also teased me and mentioned that they might have something special for me to see!

I told them up front that I'd already bought an S3 elsewhere and just wanted to see which paint I like most, and despite knowing this they were more than helpful!

Upon arriving at the garage I got a glimpse of an Estoril Blue S3 sitting in the sunshine! I couldn't believe my luck!
Eagerly I parked up and bolted for the S3, barely containing my excitement! LOVELY MOTOR!

I had a good look around it etc.. and got a few snaps.

It turns out the car was bought yesterday and the owner is picking it up tomorrow (no having to wait 'til December for that lucky chap/chapess).

The car was pretty well specced.

I had a good listen to the B&O. I could only turn the volume up to 28/40 before I worried about my health. Absolutely stunning system. I was with my dad who drives a £120,000 Mercedes CL which has Merc's top end Harman Kardon system in it and I'm not joking... The Audi's sound system was streaks ahead (we both agreed and he seemed pretty disappointed!)

The seats were incredibly comfortable, this car had the black leather standard seats.

I thought the Estroil blue was a beautiful colour, but I ended up opting for the Panther black after seeing them both in the flesh. The amount of flecks in both paints was astonishing, but I felt that the anthracite alloys I'd gone for would match the black paint better! I'm also opting for the black styling pack now.

I had a look at the lunar silver seats in the panther black RS5 and they worked really well with the paint also. The bloke showing us the cars advised against Alcantara due to the difficulty of keeping it clean but he said over a short period he prefers the alcantara. I guess I'll just have to keep on top of it because I still want it!

I'll post up a few pics and one video of the exhaust note in a bit.

If anyone wants to know anything more just ask!

IMG 1813IMG 1814IMG 1815IMG 1817

Looks identical to mine that I was lucky enough to pick up 2 weeks ago. Totally amazing car and can safely say I'm happy with all my choices including estoril blue and b&o, not that I've listened much because the exhaust sounds so nice ;)

I'm looking forward to others picking theirs up to talk about it and share opinions.

It really is everything I hoped for and more. As yet I have nothing to complain about, except maybe the limited storage but hey it's not really a big problem.

When are you expecting yours?

Glad to here it mate!

I'm expecting mine in December. A nice xmas present to myself & hopefully just in time for some awesome pics in the snow!

Hopefully it will fly by for you, it's worth the wait :)

Louay and I placed our orders on exactly the same day so the race is on so to speak! I hope you noticed the video and pictures above Louay?

Reactions: Louay
Louay and I placed our orders on exactly the same day so the race is on so to speak! I hope you noticed the video and pictures above Louay?

Certainly did Paul, I had to excuse myself at the dinner table whilst i used my phone to check the forum! Tea time is SO important to us as a family, however, this opportunity to check was clearly a valuable one! Nice Pics, love the rear shot, deep reflection and lovely colour, so glad i ordered this colour as i am sure you are with Panther Black, it sounded, very different to my 8P and with a phone mic which may not exactly be a favourite for recording sounds from an exhaust...i am sure you are going to tell me that the sound and colour were both amazing seeing and hearing it first hand?

Aha that made me laugh!

You're right about the camera on the phone. In real life me and my dad were taken aback by the beautiful sound, but as soon as I listened back to it on my phone we both agreed it sounded like a tractor! I might hook my laptop up to the home cinema later and play it full volume... I'm sure that will jog my memory better!

Reactions: Louay