Chris NottAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Winter Wheels/Tyres

Looking to get Winter Wheels/Tyres sorted out for my 8v. Anyone have any particular recommendations for types and/or stockists that I should be looking for? I want decent enough looking wheels but I don't want them to cost the earth. It would also need to be a company that delivers to NI if possible.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    What size wheels do you have? Three years ago I just bought the tyres and I get them switched over on my one set of wheels twice a year. This has worked very well for me though I know some will insist on a spare set of wheels too.
    I use Goodyear Ultragrips, they are not cheap but I figured if safe winter driving was important enough to me to buy tyres at all, I might as well get good ones.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

1st Gear

Status
    I have standard s-line wheels but was planning on maybe getting wheels and tyres. Prob 17s.

3rd Gear

Status
    There's a school of thought that you need smaller rims so that you have more tyre to be flexible in snow etc. I can't argue with that but I also have 18" wheels and low-profile winter tyres have been excellent on them.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

1st Gear

Status
    How much and where from??
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    There's a school of thought that you need smaller rims so that you have more tyre to be flexible in snow etc. I can't argue with that but I also have 18" wheels and low-profile winter tyres have been excellent on them.
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by viperfire View Post
    How much and where from??
    How much for what? I am using the OEM wheels and only swapping the tyres, and the tyres were whatever Kwikfit were selling them for 3 years ago. All I remember was they weren't cheap!

1st Gear

Status
    Try here £700 for a set of 4 with tyres and wheels
    Grip Silver : Audi - A3 2012 new from Alutec | Tyremen

1st Gear

Status
    I'd rather swap the wheels entirely tbh. I don't like the idea of hitting hidden kerbs in the snow.

Anyone have any links for decent stockists that they've used?

Neutral

Status
    I agree that having another set of smaller sized rims is the best solution. Have you looked at the ones in the A3 accessories brochure?They are 16" x 6" and come with Dunlop 205/55 DP winter sport tyres and cost £244 for each wheel and tyre. My Audi dealer offered me at least 5% off this but said they were not available to order till about September. They said there maybe other options available when I come to order them later next month.
    A3 Saloon 1.4 TFSi COD S Line S Tronic in Ice Silver with Comfort Pack, Nappa Leather, Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Pack, Sat Nav SD Card, Tyre Pressure Monitor.