Difference between drive select / damper specification

Tom75

Reaction score
Hi all,

have a friend who is also planning to order an A3 1.8 TFSI and out of interest I would like to know what actually the difference is between the different drive select / damper specifications that are available:

2H0Without "drive select"
2H1"drive select"
2H2Controlled shock absorption magnetic ride
2H3Controlled shock absorption magnetic ride (sports)
2H4Driving profile selection and hydr. damper control
2H5Driving profile selection and conventional shock absorber
2H6"drive select"
2H7Drive select and magn. damper

For example if you have only "drive select" without magnetic bumpers / magnetic ride how does this affect what you can control etc.
Or what is for example the difference between "Drive select and magn. damper" and "Controlled shock absorption magnetic ride". Is the first option a magnetic damper but without magnetic ride?

Regards,
Tom

Where did you find all those options? The only ones listed in the UK brochure are 2H6 (Drive Select) and 2H7 which adds Audi Magnetic Ride.

Last edited:
As far as I am aware, drive select only affects throttle and steering.

As far as I am aware, drive select only affects throttle and steering.

It affects quite a few things, but I think the rest are all optional extras (except for climate control). One of the optional extras it will affect is magnetic ride. If you don't have magnetic ride it doesn't affect suspension.

That's my understanding anyway. No idea what all those option codes are.

Yes, it affects different things.

These options are taken from an excel file which includes all the possible options but I don´t know where my friend got it from.

I have for example this
2H7Drive select and magn. damper

and it would be interesting to know what the difference is compared to the other options with magnetic dampers.

My friend came up with this list in the first place because he is thinking about what to order.

Regards,
tom

Are all of these codes really customer selectable options or just internal codes for the internal workings of the car which need to be set depending on the couple of options you can choose and the level of trim you have selected?

Are all of these codes really customer selectable options or just internal codes for the internal workings of the car which need to be set depending on the couple of options you can choose and the level of trim you have selected?

I suspect you're right. For example: If you ordered a Sport suspension with Drive Select (2H6) and Magnetic Ride (2H7) then I think the factory would add "2H3 Controlled shock absorption magnetic ride (sports)" in the background. Equally if you didn't specify magentic ride they would add "2H5 Driving profile selection and conventional shock absorber".

The only user selectable options that I can see are 2H6 and 2H7, and unless you're advised by your dealer I wouldn't worry about the others.

Reactions: Tom75