Three month lead time to build...

snakehips

Reaction score
Ordered on Friday, just got build week 48, which is almost exactly 3 months. Does that seem about the expected lead time at the moment?
Maybe I will get a nice Xmas present!

Thats not a bad lead time. Some of the guys in here have waited in excess of 5 months. What colour/spec did you go for? :) x

I'm just in the process of adding my spec to my signature, but it's an S-Line Tdi 184PS Quattro S-tronic in Shiraz Red.
I had heard rumours that the auto box was causing delays but apparently not (though I am pessimistic enough to expect the date to slip into 2014).

Reactions: A3sportbackMark
​Sounds really nice. :) x

Ordered on Friday, just got build week 48, which is almost exactly 3 months. Does that seem about the expected lead time at the moment?
Maybe I will get a nice Xmas present!

Not bad. I ordered mine in the 3rd week of July and the salesman emailed me last night saying I had an unconfirmed build date of week 47!

Not bad. I ordered mine in the 3rd week of July and the salesman emailed me last night saying I had an unconfirmed build date of week 47!

Didn't realise there could be such a thing as an unconfirmed build date. At what point does this become "confirmed"? When it is guaranteed not to change? For all I know mine is unconfirmed too, though that word wasn't used by my dealer when he called today.

Last edited:
Yep, 5 months for mine roughly....ordered 23rd March and was at the dealers but not PDI'd first week of August. Can not wait for 1st September! Good luck, others have been lucky and received theirs within 3 months but it has a lot to do with dealer allocation. It will be worth the wait and soon you will have a countdown thread. Love that Shiraz colour, I already have another red car so was a no go for me.

exactly the same for me.......ordered 11th March and was at dealers last week in July and could have been collected on or around 1st August if it were not for holidays and waitng for a 63 plate

Didn't realise there could be such a thing as an unconfirmed build date. At what point does this become "confirmed"? When it is guaranteed not to change? For all I know mine is unconfirmed too, though that word wasn't used by my dealer when he called today.

With the sort of conversations I've have with my salesman I'm pretty confident I know more about the car than he does. Having read many other threads here I've come to the conclusion that I think what he means is its set for build date 47 but in his words at the point I signed the order "the build date may creep forward a week or two" but I'm not going to count on it..

Can I assume it is impossible to track our orders without going through the dealer? It would be so cool if we could.

Reactions: Gswearengin and Dan76
Can I assume it is impossible to track our orders without going through the dealer? It would be so cool if we could.

Correct. For some reason Audi chose not to allow customers to track their own orders, but VW have a website with live status.