Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By faisal_16

Thread: Retrofits and Alloys

Call me Dan :)

Status

Retrofits and Alloys

Hey everyone,

Couple of questions;

Is anyone local to Lincolnshire who has vcds to code the dipping mirror and needle sweep?

Also, probably one for NHN, can I retrofit the rear reverse camera?
    I have full MMI Plus, what other parts will be needed?

Lastly, I'm thinking of different alloys, what ET are the OEM alloys? The ones I've been looking at are ET42, and I do want a little bit more poke then the current standard set up?

Cheers,
    Dan
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Sure Nigel be along shortly to advise. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Lastly, I'm thinking of different alloys, what ET are the OEM alloys? The ones I've been looking at are ET42, and I do want a little bit more poke then the current standard set up?

Cheers,
    Dan
    Are you not worried about your warranty? Even though its new I thought if you bring your car in for a suspension fault and they see your aftermarket wheels they wouldn't touch it? Is that not the case?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophonic View Post
    Are you not worried about your warranty? Even though its new I thought if you bring your car in for a suspension fault and they see your aftermarket wheels they wouldn't touch it? Is that not the case?
    Well, if they denied a warranty claim based on different wheels, I'd expect them to prove they were the route cause of the problem.
    My last 8P A3 had spacers front and rear and never had an issue with any warranty work from my local Audi garage.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

Neutral

Status
    Standard s-line alloys are ET51 7.5" wide. ET42 should be fine, been meaning to try on my 8.5" ET35 wheels but think they'd poke a tad much unless I lower the car further.

Also interested in retro fitting of the camera
    TDI-line likes this.
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

5th Gear

Status
    I'm also interested in the possibility of retro fitting the rear view camera.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Status
    Thanks Faisal, that helps a lot

Yeah, the rear camera is the only thing missing really, not bothered about park assist or anything to be honest.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Uber Post Whore

Status
    I fancy the Audi OEM black rotors from Germany, 7,5J X ET51, which is handy as there the same as the standard S-line.

4x Original Audi 18" A3 8V , 8P Rotor in Schwarz-Poliert w Neu | eBay

I'll ask the service desk about the part number, and see if it can be sourced in the UK.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    I'm very interested in a rear camera too. Is it poss? Can it be as good as oem?
    A3 S Line 1.8 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    I fancy the Audi OEM black rotors from Germany, 7,5J X ET51, which is handy as there the same as the standard S-line.

4x Original Audi 18" A3 8V , 8P Rotor in Schwarz-Poliert w Neu | eBay

I'll ask the service desk about the part number, and see if it can be sourced in the UK.
    I'm glad you found that mate, because there's a picture on there of Dakota grey with black alloys, exactly what I was looking for!
    I think I'm set on black wheels, I did think about staying silver/grey, but I think that Sportback on the link looks fantastic
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line