Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits

Thread: Factory Tour

Reverse Gear

Status

Factory Tour

Just returned from our driving holiday to Austria which included on the way back a detour to take in the Audi Factory tour in Ingolstadt. An excellent day out and as with most things Audi extremely well done. We had a 2 hour tour of the A3 production line and saw A3's in as they say "all the colours and all the sizes". The majority of the cars when we visited seem to be Sportbacks and there were quite a few S3's. It was incredible to see how the cars are made and learn of the lengths they go to to ensure that the A3 is a top quality product.

If you get the chance go see.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    How did you make arrangements for the tour?
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

Reverse Gear

Status
    Booked it online via Audi.com or just search Audi Factory Tours. Very reasonably priced - I think it was only about 26 Euros for two adults and two kids and you can easily spend a whole day at the site as it has a great museum, car collection area, shops and reasonably priced places eat.

3rd Gear

Status
    Oh wow I bet that was interesting! Any pics? Also wonder what build week you visited as you may have spotted some of our cars being built :D
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

5th Gear

Status
    I have been told that You used to be able to actually pick you car up from the factory in person, not sure if you can do that any more though
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Unfortunately you are not allowed to take pictures in the factory which I suppose is understandable. One of the other people on the tour asked the Audi guide would we see a RS3 on the production line and she just smiled and said "not today". We were at the factory on Monday 5th August but I'm not sure what build week this represents. There were certainly quite a few RHD cars on the line and lots were black in colour.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I think you can if you live in Germany or Austria but I'm not sure about UK buyers. There were lots of people collecting their cars on the day we visited including two people taking the keys of what appeared identical glacier white S-line Sportbacks.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hmm that reaction to the RS3 sounds interesting
    Can understand no pics. August 5th would have been build week 32, mine was the week before so would have been sitting with the hundreds of others there awaiting transport lol
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key