SD Sat Nav

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i'm currently speccing an A3, and looking at adding this after the car has been collected.

My dealer said it would cost £800!

I thought the cost of the card is still £495, and probably a charge for configuring it, unless anyone has done it themselves.

Also i have seen a few used ones on Ebay, but i thought once coded, they were coded to that vehicle only.

Its the 'activation' part which cannot be done yourself. The software and license cost the £500 mark. If not then everyone can get an 8GB SD card and slot it into their car.

Audi are not the slowest of companies to stop being from doing this.

Unless NHN knowns a way of activating these codes.

I know no way to bypass the activation & even if it was cracked, I suspect legally that person would be fecked & when the car went in they would disable it anyway.

Try another dealer for activation, £650 is norm, £800 maybe the new price rrp, push them for discount.

Reactions: TDI-line
I spoke to kidlington Audi and they quoted me £500 to have it fitted which I am going to do when i receive the car. £800 is a con mate.

Hi all,

Just a question on the SD sat nav.....

Do the new a3's come with the shark aerial as standard or do you need to buy the sat nav to get this aerial?

I think it looks awesome but only hope it comes standard on the car?

Thanks

That's good news! So I take it that's not a sat aerial? Just for looks?

It is a sat nav aerial. The UK A3s all have the Sat-Nav hardware (antennas, cables, and GPS hardware) fitted as standard. Then Audi UK give you the option of retro-fitting the Sat Nav capability by adding just the software and licence for £500 + Fitting.

Thank you for that info - it must cost
Audi a fortune fitting all them bits for a sat nav as not everyone will order it and it will be a waste! I guess they might stop fitting it unless you added the sat nav with the car?!

Love the aerial btw😄

Audi a fortune fitting all them bits for a sat nav as not everyone will order it and it will be a waste! I guess they might stop fitting it unless you added the sat nav with the car?!

Love the aerial btw������

I think Audi pass the cost on to the buyer. ;)

I have the connectivity package (as I understand is standard on UK cars). Asked the local dealer and he said I needed these two, one the map and the other the activation code.
8V0 063 192 for 552£ or 643€ and,
8V0 060 866 A for 362£ or 421€.
The not so local dealer wanted 552£, but was not sure, as he had no previous experience.

So do anyone have any experience in what's needed?

(The connectivity package includes sat nav preparation, Bluetooth connectivity etc.)

Love the aerial btw😄

It probably works out cheaper for them to fit the hardware as standard to all models than to faff about only adding to to vehicles which have satnav specced. Even if it does cost them more it won't be much as the actual hardware will be fairly cheap and they probably figure that quite a few people will either spec nav when ordering or add it later. It may also help their approved used sales as people looking for nav can just add it to whatever car they buy, rather than restricting themselves to only those which had it specced from new.

Love the aerial btw😄

It probably works out cheaper for them to fit the hardware as standard to all models than to faff about only adding to to vehicles which have satnav specced. Even if it does cost them more it won't be much as the actual hardware will be fairly cheap and they probably figure that quite a few people will either spec nav when ordering or add it later. It may also help their approved used sales as people looking for nav can just add it to whatever car they buy, rather than restricting themselves to only those which had it specced from new.

My dealer the did the sd nav as a dealer fit for £375.....Very happy with that

My dealer said it was to enhance their 2nd hand market in the future.. As in " I'd have had that if it had sat-nav"

So I'm confused. Can we buy the activation code for the cards separate? I have a card and the dealer said they would activate the car software for the cost of an hours labour. Trouble is I have the card and the dealer ready just no activation code. Anyone kno a price or a place to get it?

You have to buy the whole lot from audi, the system from them would come with everything they need to activate the nav, if its a used code/card then forget it.

Understood and accepted. I was trying to get it cheaper than the 500 ish pound ask at the stealers. Outlook not good right?
So is there any tricks that can be done to the a3 8v yet? Like needle sweep? I'm new to this, only info I have is what I read on here. I ain't even got the car yet. Nxt week :) T minus 5 days!!

I have the connectivity package (as I understand is standard on UK cars). Asked the local dealer and he said I needed these two, one the map and the other the activation code.
8V0 063 192 for 552£ or 643€ and,
8V0 060 866 A for 362£ or 421€.
The not so local dealer wanted 552£, but was not sure, as he had no previous experience.

So do anyone have any experience in what's needed?

(The connectivity package includes sat nav preparation, Bluetooth connectivity etc.)

According to customer support at the Audi importer in Norway.

8V0 063 192: Is activation of the navi system. (A joke If you ask me)
8V0 060 866 A: Is the map and activation document for the map.

Could say I'm a bit jealous of you guys that can get it for a 1/3 of the price.
Guess I'll use my phones navigation for some time still.
And I can't really expect any favors since I imported mine. (Saving 6-8000£)

Edit: They wanted to charge 0,5 hours work too (lol)

I asked my dealer if he could match the £375 quoted and they said £500.
I'm sticking with my iphone for the little i would use it...

You have to buy the whole lot from audi, the system from them would come with everything they need to activate the nav, if its a used code/card then forget it.

So really the ones on Ebay are pretty much worthless?

It really would look that way judging by the comments on here. I don't mind paying, just not up for the 5-600 pound premium

Cards on ebay may not have the activation codes & still the nav has to be enabled anyway, its not just the sd card.

I do understand what you are saying. Is there any way of getting just the activation code for the card? Will Audi supply this? I know also I need sat nav activating on the car too but that's not my concern as I already have that sorted. Just want the card code if poss :)

Just ring your dealer for a price for the activation, nobody else can do this apart from them.

I'll ask them on the 1st wen I pick up the car. Thanks for the info, anything I find out I will report back. Still though I'm guessing ill have to pay the going rate. That's life :)