Volks AutosEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MyAudiA3

Thread: Collection after arrival in the UK

Reverse Gear

Status

Collection after arrival in the UK

I have just received an email from the dealer, the car has been built (apparently week 31) but hasn't been shipped yet. How long does it generally take to arrive in the UK and how soon after can you collect the car? I was given collection date as early September but now it seems it may be late September, am I right or just confused?
    Ordered June 2013, Build week 31

A3 Sportback SLine 2.0 TDI

Glacier White, Comfort Package, Advance Key, SD Sat Nav, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, Tyre Pressure Indicator.

Collection booked for 2nd September

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Usually a couple of weeks to arrive at the dealer (although official advice is up to 4 weeks). Dealer will usually need a week for PDI and paperwork, but they can push it through quicker if they want to! I reckon you'll have it in 3 weeks time, so early/mid September
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    I was wondering the same given that nearly 2 weeks ago mine was 'in transit' from the factory and yet still hasn't arrived in the UK (or at least I've not heard that it has!)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was at the dealership from the factory inside 2 weeks.

6th Gear

Status
    Hopefully over the next few days then
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Usually a couple of weeks to arrive at the dealer (although official advice is up to 4 weeks). Dealer will usually need a week for PDI and paperwork, but they can push it through quicker if they want to! I reckon you'll have it in 3 weeks time, so early/mid September
    I really hope it will be mid September latest, really cant wait any longer! The dealer has been quite vague about it all and recently I have only been able to communicate with him via email, hopefully I will receive a confirmed date by next week....need to stay positive!

Glacier White, Comfort Package, Advance Key, SD Sat Nav, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, Tyre Pressure Indicator.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MyAudiA3 View Post
    I really hope it will be mid September latest, really cant wait any longer! The dealer has been quite vague about it all and recently I have only been able to communicate with him via email, hopefully I will receive a confirmed date by next week....need to stay positive!
    Is quite possible that the dealer is busy preparing for 1st Sep collections. Hopefully they will give you full attention after that's out of the way. Fingers crossed for you.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Ross I thought the same, which is fair enough.

I have just received a call from the dealer, Its in the UK and the registration has been allocated!! I should be able to collect next week!!

Perfect timing as my old car decided to breakdown last week.....its not been fun walking to work everyday.
    SportbackStu likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Good news on the new car, shame about the old one. My old car has just developed a random rattle. Fingers crossed it keeps going for another 180 miles.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    Good news on the new car, shame about the old one. My old car has just developed a random rattle. Fingers crossed it keeps going for another 180 miles.
    Cars have feeling you know!!!!!!!!!! to make my departning car still feel loved I made sure i gave it a final thorough wash and brush up inside and out yesterday and it will be gleaming when I had it over in px on Sunday
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Cars have feeling you know!!!!!!!!!! to make my departning car still feel loved I made sure i gave it a final thorough wash and brush up inside and out yesterday and it will be gleaming when I had it over in px on Sunday
    I agree!! I kept the new car a secret from the old one but inside it knew what was going on!! Still going to get it fixed so it can go to a new home.

2nd Gear

Status
    ha ha. Don't worry - I'm nursing the old girl through it. Still feeding her on premium and checked oil, etc. at the weekend. I've only owned two cars before my A3, and both have been special in their own way. Still see my first ever car occasionally, which makes me smile.

4th Gear

Status
    2 weeks before I sold my old car (sob, sob), it developed a springy type noise when turning left. Only lasted about 10 mins and then was ok. This happened twice, coincidentally on both occasions when leaving the Audi dealership.
    Do cars have feelings and know when they are about to change ownership?
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.