BUILD WEEK BUMMER

dick wad

Reaction score
​​Well i just got an update on my A3 order today. I was kinda hoping for good news. My build week was 40 with delivery October. I hoped they (Coventry Audi) were going to tell me it's coming sooner but sadly not. Now it's been moved back to week 49 with delivery December. I suppose i could look on the bright side and think of it as a nice crimbo present but can't help worrying. The nice lady told me it might be down to the auto gearbox as they are very popular, but admitted that they don't know why and never will as Audi do not divulge this information.

Anybody out there experienced this be interested to know. Or know anything on how build weeks work ?

Gutted :crying:

Last edited:
When did you place your order, wonder whether this was a case of giving you a typical 12 week delivery spiel to get you to sign only to go give you a realistic build week a few weeks post order. Typical wait times on here seems to be around 4-5 months at the moment although they seem to be dropping towards the bottom end of this over the last month.

That's a bummer, i paid mine on the same weekend (6th) and got build week 33... But mine is a manual gearbox

Ordered my S3 mid June build wk 43! Might give them a ring tomorrow now.

Hi mate i paid my deposit on the 4/07

Think the dealer was economical with the truth in build week when you ordered as wk49 seems more realistic for an early July order.

The wait can be fun even if a little long!!!!!!

What spec have you gone for?

Seems very slow; I ordered at the end of May, and could have taken delivery at the end of July had I not wanted to wait for a 63 plate. Mine is also manual though.

That's a bummer, i paid mine on the same weekend (6th) and got build week 33... But mine is a manual gearbox

I ordered mine on 2nd July and got build week 36, but mine is also a manual, so it wouldn't surprise me if the delay is because of the demand for S-Tronic.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was due to a lack of gearbox units... my dealer mentioned to me that the Q5 has been delayed in a big way. I believe they're quoting March/April next year for delivery if you order today and he mentioned something to do with gearbox shortages.

I have similar situation, my build date should be 23/7, but got a phone call from my dealer, due to shortage of s-tonic gearbox. It push back to 23/9. But 2 week later, call a phone call from dealer again, said the car is built and will be ready to collect in mid sept....

I ordered mine 15th of June and my build week is 52.. Think I've definitely drew the short straw compared to most others -_-

I ordered an S3 on 26 June and still haven't had even a sniff of a build week. My dealer says its down to a lack of allocation - could be the S-Tronic shortage as well though.

My spec:

2.0 TDI S Line 3 Dr S Tronic in Daytona Grey,
Heated front seats,
Through Load System,
Privacy Glass
Electric Lumbar Support
Reversible Boot Matt
Electric Adjustable Heated Foldable/dimming door mirrors,
Sports Suspension,
Fine Nappa Leather,
Deletion of Model/Engine,
Bang+Olufson rip off ********,
Tyre Pressure Moniter,
Comfort Pack,
Interior Light Pack,
Technology Pack,

And now i see they are tempting me with LED Headlights TWATS !!!!!!

No point in LED really. You aren't going to be able to tell the difference by looking at them when they are on, noone will know which is which when they are off either... the only cool thing is the DRLs doubling up as indicators, but that's not worth the £800!

No point in LED really. You aren't going to be able to tell the difference by looking at them when they are on, noone will know which is which when they are off either... the only cool thing is the DRLs doubling up as indicators, but that's not worth the £800!

I don't base my options list on what other people see but how they make me feel, and to know you have the latest tech, or top of the range headlights makes you feel a bit more special. I personally think the led lights look like a piece of art... When i look i see quite a difference between the design of the xenons and LED's.

REB154, I ordered an S3 3dr on the same day - went for manual though. Been told it's getting built last week of September, but haven't been given a build week number so on the edge of my seat at the moment. Dealer should be updating me this week...

Think the dealer was economical with the truth in build week when you ordered as wk49 seems more realistic for an early July order.

The wait can be fun even if a little long!!!!!!

What spec have you gone for?

My spec:

2.0 TDI S Line 3 Dr S Tronic in Daytona Grey,
Heated front seats,
Through Load System,
Privacy Glass
Electric Lumbar Support
Reversible Boot Matt
Electric Adjustable Heated Foldable/dimming door mirrors,
Sports Suspension,
Fine Nappa Leather,
Deletion of Model/Engine,
Bang+Olufson rip off ********,
Tyre Pressure Moniter,
Comfort Pack,
Interior Light Pack,
Technology Pack,

And now i see they are tempting me with LED Headlights TWATS !!!!!!

REB154, I ordered an S3 3dr on the same day - went for manual though. Been told it's getting built last week of September, but haven't been given a build week number so on the edge of my seat at the moment. Dealer should be updating me this week...
I've still heard nothing. I'm tempted to give Audi UK a call to try and find out what's going on but I doubt they will give me much information. I'm almost regretting placing the order now - almost but not quite.

I don't base my options list on what other people see but how they make me feel, and to know you have the latest tech, or top of the range headlights makes you feel a bit more special. I personally think the led lights look like a piece of art... When i look i see quite a difference between the design of the xenons and LED's.

There's definitely a difference, but I like the way the Xenons look, and I like the indicators being tucked in the corner like that. The LED lights also bug me because it's split by some horizontal lines in one part of it, but they don't look equally spaced - really notice it!

There's definitely a difference, but I like the way the Xenons look, and I like the indicators being tucked in the corner like that. The LED lights also bug me because it's split by some horizontal lines in one part of it, but they don't look equally spaced - really notice it!

Agree - prefer the look of the xenons, although I do like the fact that the full LED lights are latest tech. I think the xenons look cleaner, and the closely spaced horizontal lines on the full LEDs (where the indicator is on the xenons) look cluttered IMHO. Same goes for the full LEDs available on the A6/S6. The choice between full LEDs and xenons was the hardest one when it came to ordering!

Latest tech is all good when there is benefit, but they are just overpriced on the A3. Look at how much they are on the Seat Leon for example... should be cheaper than Xenon.

It will be interesting to know the outcome Keyser

Build week 40 now confirmed...the wait is becoming unbearable! And just realised that's essentially first week October (Monday 30th September).