Ordered S3 Sportback!

Louay

Reaction score
Hello pistonheads!

As the title suggests, part exchanged my old 8P for the new 8 Vee!

Estoril blue
interior light pack
s/sports seats
b/o sound system
elec mirrors
3d inlays
non smoking pack
reverse boot mat
ali roof rails
Full LED lights

Delivery ASAP

Ordered with Whetstone Audi Nooorf London as my local dealer took the **** when it came to discount and were unable to match orange wheels 7.8% discount....Whetstone Audi were happy to match that and gave me a reasonable amount for my 8P.

Only tearful concern was parting with the racing blue mica colour for estoril blue, though the car and styling itself will no doubt make up for this? Estoril blue is exclusive in it's on right and deeper than racing blue so should sparkle better! Also does anyone have any decent pics of the 3D Design inlays in black?

Christmas present is on the way tick tock!

Last edited:
Reactions: hittchy and TDI-line
Congrats, nice spec! Estoril Blue is a popular choice, toying with it myself over Phantom Black, but want to see it in the flesh first.

Reactions: Louay
Nice one mate, good spec you've gone for.

Looks like theres going to be plenty of estoril blue's rocking about. Nice colour

my first S3 back on 2007 was Phantom Black, beautiful when clean! can't beat it! then had sprint blue, then racing blue mica and now estoril blue, i think the estoril blue helps define the ali trim on the 8V and will offer a great panel reflection it being a darker blue and crystal effect. Have you considered Panther black Dan?

Well done ! and good to hear that some dealers are matching the 7.8% discount too :)

Reactions: Louay
the estoril blue helps define the ali trim on the 8V and will offer a great panel reflection it being a darker blue and crystal effect

The the exact reason I wouldn't want that colour on my S3. Seen one in the flesh and wan't moved by it. Had trouble spotting it in amoungst a load of other A3's sitting in the dealers stock yard. Just looked rather dull to me. Each to their own of course as it matters not what anyone else thinks - it's your car afterall!
Personally, I will not buy 'blind'. I ordered a mk2 R32 golf like that - had one of the first in the UK and quickly realised it looked a bit naff and the standard GTi was actually more fun to drive... ended up doing a nifty deal to swap it for a new mk V GTI and get some money back - hence my patience in ordering a new S3 - which has paid off already as the black styling pack that negates that awful chrome around the windows wasn't available when the order book opened... a few demonstrators are arriving in the UK now - just waiting a call from Essex Audi to arrange getting my mits on one.

Last edited:
Yeah - estoril really is a terrible colour choice - what were you thinking ? :think: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Louay, Fragup, Toadoftoadhall and 1 other person
Hi Snake,

Was the 7.8% discount on full price (inc extras), your spec isnt far off what I want - only black pack as well.

I am sure you are exciting - delivery in New year? I am keen to drive one soon.

Thx

my first S3 back on 2007 was Phantom Black, beautiful when clean! can't beat it! then had sprint blue, then racing blue mica and now estoril blue, i think the estoril blue helps define the ali trim on the 8V and will offer a great panel reflection it being a darker blue and crystal effect. Have you considered Panther black Dan?

You mention panther black :)

Panther Black is another option, but again I've only seen photos and not in the flesh. At least with Phantom Black I know what it looks like having it already! I'm sure I'll make my mind up come order time...maybe!

Hi Snake,

Was the 7.8% discount on full price (inc extras), your spec isnt far off what I want - only black pack as well.

Thx

try a configuration on Orange Wheels site....then you have some ammo to take to your local dealers who may be able, or not in my case, to accommodate you. I left my dealer feeling some what ****** off when they only offered to put £500 on top for the value of my car and £500 off the list price including all options for the new car in the prospective part ex deal. It would have been my 4th S3 from them in 6 years but that obviously played no influential factor in the negotiations. They explained that they are only offered 7 to 8 build slots a year for the S3 model, so when they continued babling on about about what they could offer i was thinking SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! The thing is do i take my 8v to them for service and rub it in or not give them a penny? Any thoughts Snake and McNallys?

Hi Snake,

Thx

all my previous S3's had the black styling pack, however, in this instance i decided not to have it as i think, imo, the ali grill, rails and intake funnels where the fogs used to be looks perfect with estoril blue and if it were all black, estoril being a uniquely darker blue would not, again, imo, give the front end or the rest of the car much presence, each to there own though.

8461324943 6a962406f2 k

gorgeous

Reactions: Fragup and Snake Pliskin
another shocking picture of estoril ...

Really wondering why I picked this colour for my new car order now :whistle2:

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall and Louay
Sorry Louay,

I had thought the snake fella had ordered. I am now thinking the same as you, Alu may be better. I really want Daytona Grey, which would suit black pack, not sure monsoon looks as good. I also like Mis Red, decisions, decisons! Belfast Audi getting 2 in at end of oct, 1 for demo which sales guy (friend of mine) is getting - in Sepang Blue, but will shop around a few dealers for price price.

I am hoping to sell my A4 Special Ed privately - there is a bit of a queue on! I go prices from a few GB dealers on my A4 (new) and Belfast Audi matched, so will wait and see what happens.

Has anyone other pics (real life) of colours? Have a Z4 in white, so cant really go a 2nd white car.

Thx

Sorry Louay,

I had thought the snake fella had ordered. I am now thinking the same as you, Alu may be better. I really want Daytona Grey, which would suit black pack, not sure monsoon looks as good. I also like Mis Red, decisions, decisons! Belfast Audi getting 2 in at end of oct, 1 for demo which sales guy (friend of mine) is getting - in Sepang Blue, but will shop around a few dealers for price price.

I am hoping to sell my A4 Special Ed privately - there is a bit of a queue on! I go prices from a few GB dealers on my A4 (new) and Belfast Audi matched, so will wait and see what happens.

Has anyone other pics (real life) of colours? Have a Z4 in white, so cant really go a 2nd white car.

Thx

to me Grey is well just grey and dreary like our UK weather, generally speaking that is. Red could look good, but i like blue over red any day but i'm not paying audi exclusive colour prices so was more than happy to go with S3 exclusive Estoril Blue over panther black.

regards