Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By s33nyboy12

Thread: Finally drove a 2.0 TDI 150 today........ :-)

Neutral

Status

Finally drove a 2.0 TDI 150 today........ :-)

Finally got to drive a TDI 150 SB today, although in SE form rather than S Line. However i did manage to sit in the new 184 TDI S Line SB they had just put in the showroom.

Wow is all i can say! the engine certainly has some pull to it. I am now very happy to have ordered what i have and can't wait for delivery!

That said the 184 with front wheel drive is going to be an Animal!!

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I certainly hope so! I drove the 150 before ordering. It was good, but lacked the snap I was hoping for.. Then along comes the 184 in just enough time for me to change my order.. really looking forward to it!
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

Neutral

Status
    Excellent, but i was more than happy with the 150 2nd and 3rd gear were lovely. Went for a little blast along some twisties handled really well too (on std suspension).

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

1st Gear

Status
    Oh I agree, it is a good engine. I currently drive a 175hp diesel TT, and didn't really want to lose the power. As it stands the new car will actually be slightly quicker!
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
    Finally got to drive a TDI 150 SB today, although in SE form rather than S Line. However i did manage to sit in the new 184 TDI S Line SB they had just put in the showroom.

Wow is all i can say! the engine certainly has some pull to it. I am now very happy to have ordered what i have and can't wait for delivery!

That said the 184 with front wheel drive is going to be an Animal!!
    Which dealer had the 2.0TDI-150 Sportback in SE trim as that's just what I would like to try.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Which dealer had the 2.0TDI-150 Sportback in SE trim as that's just what I would like to try.
    Come on Dave, time for an S-line now.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Neutral

Status
    Ipswich Audi have one. And also a 1.6 in sport trim.

5th Gear

Status
    I think anyone not speccing s line with s line lower suspension is mental its a wicked combo! I think it's the best handling non Quattro diesel I've ever driven....
    dieseldoug likes this.
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    Come on Dave, time for an S-line now.
    I've had my fair share of "sports" type suspensions in the past on cars like a Golf GTIs, Golf VR6, several A3 1.8T Sport models. Now I'm getting on a bit (65) I much prefer the softer and more comfortable ride of the SE and the non-sport seats. My current Sportback is my fourth 8P in SE trim, but with 17" wheels and 225/45 tyres and I find that an ideal compromise between handing and comfort, especially for my longer journeys to Germany.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    That's what the demonstrator had today, 17" wheel upgrade. Sadly also had the std stereo so couldn't listen to any upgraded sounds.

That's what the demonstrator had today, 17" wheel upgrade. Sadly also had the std stereo so couldn't listen to any upgraded sounds.
    I feel a trip to Ipswich coming on. I will give then a ring tomorrow.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Neutral

Status
    I have been dealing with a guy called Geoff, really nice and helpful bloke :-). Hope they put some diesel in it for you! Was nearly empty when I picked it up today, but didn't need long in it to decide I loved it.

Call me Dan :)

Status
    I'm hopefully picking my 150 up tomorrow
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I'm hopefully picking my 150 up tomorrow
    Lucky You!! Another Black one?

I have been dealing with a guy called Geoff, really nice and helpful bloke :-). Hope they put some diesel in it for you! Was nearly empty when I picked it up today, but didn't need long in it to decide I loved it.
    Spoke to Geoff at Ipswich earlier today. He deals with fleet customers and as mine will be a private buy he will pass my details on to one of his retail sales team. The only problem is the 2.0TDI Sportback SE they have is a manual and I really would like to try an s-tronic version as that is what I will be buying. Still I just have to keep looking - no rush as yet.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Call me Dan :)

Status
    Lucky You!! Another Black one?
    Not this time! Dakota grey! Seen as there aren't many on here!
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |