Another 63 plate countdown!

SportbackStu

Reaction score
After much stalking (!) on the A3 8V Forum I will hopefully be adding my name to the list of September registrations! I ordered back in May and when I sent off my private registration docs off to the dealer on Friday, it has finally sunk in that, I am indeed getting a shiny new car.

Since Easter there has been much deliberations, having looked at a 1-Series and VW Golf, but the A3 was the clear winner. I ordered a A3 Sportback Sport, 1.4 TFSI CoD in Brilliant Red with Comfort Pack, SD Sat Nav and aluminium roof rails, deselecting Sport to SE suspension (kids get car sick v easy) and grey inserts in seats. 9% saving overall on list, so a pretty god deal, I think.

My morale has been kept high with all the posts on the forum, with many thanks to moonlight (CoD discussions) and Karl Alesbury (Red SB Pics) to name but two and of course Sandra's top tunes!

I will hopefully to take collection on 09 Sep - as long as DVLA only take 3 weeks to sort out my Reg.

Looking forward to all the pics from those who are able to collect on 01 Sep. Not long left .......

Reactions: RossR, Sandra, Karl Alesbury and 1 other person
Hi a3soon, I have gone for sportback, 1.4 C.O.D. as well (Misano red though) so liking your choice.
C.O.D. Seamed a really good balance of performance / economical / initial price / plus is 85 kg lighter than the 2 litre diesel (closest engine performance wise) so helps acceleration and handling a bit, but won't get mine till late in the year, so would be great to get your feed back in September and see a few pics.

After much stalking (!) on the A3 8V Forum I will hopefully be adding my name to the list of September registrations! I ordered back in May and when I sent off my private registration docs off to the dealer on Friday, it has finally sunk in that, I am indeed getting a shiny new car.

Since Easter there has been much deliberations, having looked at a 1-Series and VW Golf, but the A3 was the clear winner. I ordered a A3 Sportback Sport, 1.4 TFSI CoD in Brilliant Red with Comfort Pack, SD Sat Nav and aluminium roof rails, deselecting Sport to SE suspension (kids get car sick v easy) and grey inserts in seats. 9% saving overall on list, so a pretty god deal, I think.

My morale has been kept high with all the posts on the forum, with many thanks to moonlight (CoD discussions) and Karl Alesbury (Red SB Pics) to name but two and of course Sandra's top tunes!

I will hopefully to take collection on 09 Sep - as long as DVLA only take 3 weeks to sort out my Reg.

Looking forward to all the pics from those who are able to collect on 01 Sep. Not long left .......

Welcome to audi-sport.net, im sure you will fit in here just fine. Waiting for a new car can be such fun, lol. I will organise a countdown thread for you just shortly. We have a few collections coming up on the 1st sept and iirc you are the second to collect on the 9th so plenty of time for you to be looking out for the photo location. Hope you continue to enjoy the forum. :) x

If I am the other one you had in mind for the 9th, afraid mine get built early and is now due on the 1st as well!

Reactions: 97catalunya
If I am the other one you had in mind for the 9th, afraid mine get built early and is now due on the 1st as well!

will need to get your collection of tunes finished for the 1st then. This is so cool. The 1st is going to be a good day. :) x

Reactions: cemerson
My car's sold and is being picked up today. 2 weeks to go!

Reactions: A3sportbackMark and Sandra
Anybody on here picking up a White 3 door S Line 2.0 TDI from Ipswich Audi on the 1st September? If so just saw it there today and was looking good!

Hey cemerson, you've done really well to get 1st sept collection, congratulations, you are in contention for the "Race for a 63 plate".

Last edited:
Reactions: cemerson and Sandra
Hey cemerson, you've done really well to get 1st sept collection, congratulations, you are in contention for the "Race for a 63 plate".

Better be careful there mate, with the rush job they did on your car, Audi might have missed a couple of options!!!! Lol.

Tut tut Mark, that was just too funny. :) x

Reactions: cemerson and Fragup
Thanks Sandra - looking forward to my first tune in the countdown thread. Fragup - plenty of pics to follow!

Reactions: Fragup
Ha, I'll be checking them all off on a list, don't you worry!

Tut tut Mark, that was just too funny. :) x

This thread got me wondering what the biggest **** up a car maker has made with an order! Maybe somebody got their car without the big audi badge on the front!

I know for instance when my dad was due to take delivery of a shiny new jag xjs many a year ago it fell off of the delivery truck on its way to the dealer!