Piano black inlays vs ali

In general most people who have expressed an opinion on piano black previously say it looks great initially, but shows all the finger marks and dust. It also has a tendency to show scratches a lot, so perhaps will turn out to be a bad choice in the long run.

^^as above, as you polish the dust away it will all so leave more for you too move on the the return wipe, p/b, looks good if you keep the door shut and look in.

Been there.

Okay fair enough. Aluminium it is. I'm already opting for lunar silver seats (against my better judgement) and I don't want to be cleaning the interior every other day!

I'm already opting for lunar silver seats (against my better judgement) and I don't want to be cleaning the interior every other day!

When I had silver leather on my 8P S3, I sat on a towel as the dye-transfer from denim jeans was a nightmare... just to prepare you!

Agree with the piano black comments above too.

Piano black is more modern and does look better IMO.

But I do agree that it shows the dust more easily.
I have a microfibre cloth in my glove box though and its no hardship just to give the occasional wipe every few weeks.

So for me, piano black for the win, but I do like the aluminium too so you won't go wrong with either.

I also have the lunar silver inserts on my TTS seats and again the comments are spot on, they look great but do stain easy from trousers.
It would not put me off having them, it is just a case again of keeping on top of it.

Have you found that the inlays scratch easily or do they just collect dust?

considered the 3D Design inlays? any pics of these?

Have you found that the inlays scratch easily or do they just collect dust?

Had both Piano and Matt Ali before, Piano does scratch easily but you can also scratch the Matt Ali, however, a pro detailer should be able to machine polish out minor scratches on piano inlays using light pressure, doubt you would be able to machine polish scratches on Matt Ali though.

Are they different to the piano black inlays?

I believe they are a new available feature and as i have not had or seen them before i am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. At least i know they are black lol

considered the 3D Design inlays? any pics of these?

Hi,

I have the 3D Design inlays and think they look great, especially with grey seats etc. Don't have pictures right now but I could take some next week if you still want them.

Regards,
Tom

Reactions: Louay
I have the 3D Design inlays and think they look great, especially with grey seats etc. Don't have pictures right now but I could take some next week if you still want them.

Yes mate that would be good, thanks for that.

3d design black inlays

i believe this is the 3d design black inlay option

Brushed aluminium for me, especially on the s3 or any car with black headlining. Needs some silver to brak up the darkness, and matches all the other alu parts, such as handles, pedals, gear stick , volume, air vents, etc etc

Reactions: The Challinor
Yeah if I'd have gone with black seats instead of lunar silver I'd have gone ali too, but I thought that the cabin would be light enough with the lunar silver option selected + the black was a bit different

Brushed aluminium for me, especially on the s3 or any car with black headlining. Needs some silver to brak up the darkness, and matches all the other alu parts, such as handles, pedals, gear stick , volume, air vents, etc etc

Same for me, agree with Cumbrian bob. Like the continuity of the aluminium with handles etc.

changed mine from 3D design black on my order to matt after viewing the interior of some S3's on mobile.de, i agree with BoB with dark interior seats it breaks up the cabin quite nicely.