JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By cemerson
  • 1 Post By smk82

Thread: Quattro comparison to 2WD

Neutral

Status

Quattro comparison to 2WD

I have driven the new A3 front wheel drive, but have ordered the Quattro version, which I have not driven. Is there anyone out there who has tried both and can tell me if there is a discernible difference in either the handling or feel of the Quattro version?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status
    I have driven an A3 Sport 2.00 TDI 150, and the A3 S-line 2.00 TDI 184 Quattro S-tronic, the quattro is more grounded, given grip when needed, and seems to me to be more sure footed. I drove them both on a dry day, the front wheel drive seemed the same as any other normal car with front wheel drive eg. Mk7 golf gt, but the Quattro was something special.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    I would agree with that. Also bear in mind that it isn't true 4WD, becuase it uses the Haldex system. Still its def more grounded and sure footed than the 2WD. Made a difference in the snow for me in Jan/Feb, when I was chuckling at all the BMW drivers sliding everywhere..
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

Neutral

Status
    How much difference with regards to performance was there between the 184 and the 150?

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
    How much difference with regards to performance was there between the 184 and the 150?
    34 :D
    TDI-line and Fragup like this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    about 1.2 seconds..
    TDI-line likes this.
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

3rd Gear

Status
    The key difference I'd be interested in is time from 40 to 70. That's where you really want the extra power.

Neutral

Status
    Yeah was interested in in-gear performance rather than 0-60 etc.

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

Neutral

Status
    You feel the benefits of Quattro when being able to pull out of a wet Junction, quickly and safely.