JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Led interior package

Neutral

Status

Led interior package

Have just noticed that glovebox has normal bulb not led.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It's not called the 'LED Interior Package', it's called the 'Interior Light Package' - might explain why!
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    Could someone kindly offer clarification on which of the interior lights are actually LED and which are standard bulbs?

Neutral

Status
    This bugs me as well. The boot light is also a regular bulb.

I did find a part number for replacements (8J0 947 409 A) but haven't got round to ordering them yet so can't confirm if they are a direct swap
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

3rd Gear

Status
    What's the idea of this package? Is there otherwise no interior lighting?

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    What's the idea of this package? Is there otherwise no interior lighting?
    The idea is another couple of £100 to Audi, where this should be standard stuff. Grrr Stealers.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Could someone kindly offer clarification on which of the interior lights are actually LED and which are standard bulbs?
    All the lights are led except the glove box, 2 leds in the boot at both sides, leds under seats for rear passengers feet, leds under the dash for pedals and for front passenger feet, leds by all door handles, leds at base of each door so you wont step in a puddle at night when you open the door lol (as well as red door open indicator light on the side of each door when opened)

Interior led brightness adjusted through mmi.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by karlabdool View Post
    All the lights are led except the glove box, 2 leds in the boot at both sides, leds under seats for rear passengers feet, leds under the dash for pedals and for front passenger feet, leds by all door handles, leds at base of each door so you wont step in a puddle at night when you open the door lol (as well as red door open indicator light on the side of each door when opened)

Interior led brightness adjusted through mmi.
    Does anybody have LEDs on both sides of the boot? I have the interior lighting pack but have one normal bulb on the right hand side only.

The brochure doesn't mention the boot lights:

"Interior lighting package. Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell lighting at the front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon light package (WB6)"
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal_16 View Post
    Does anybody have LEDs on both sides of the boot? I have the interior lighting pack but have one normal bulb on the right hand side only.

The brochure doesn't mention the boot lights:

"Interior lighting package. Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell lighting at the front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon light package (WB6)"
    the lights in the boot face downwards and the covering is spring loaded so it can be used to hold up the boot floor, hence they are positioned on both sides of the boot wall

5th Gear

Status
    You only get 2x boot lights with the Storage pack, which is standard on S-lines. On mine they are both LEDs.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    You only get 2x boot lights with the Storage pack, which is standard on S-lines. On mine they are both LEDs.
    According to faisal's sig and post, he has an S-line (hence storage pack) and interior light pack but only one bulb. Now I'm confused as to what gives the two LEDs in the boot!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    According to faisal's sig and post, he has an S-line (hence storage pack) and interior light pack but only one bulb. Now I'm confused as to what gives the two LEDs in the boot!
    S line at dealers yesterday definitely had 2 boot lights ( one each side about halfway up )
    and that did not have the interior lights pack as where no lights round the cup holders. So must be s line or storage pack included with the s line as standard thing
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    S line at dealers yesterday definitely had 2 boot lights ( one each side about halfway up )
    and that did not have the interior lights pack as where no lights round the cup holders. So must be s line or storage pack included with the s line as standard thing
    or in another country where specs are different, I know in Germany ( been on web site) the whole option list is set up differently

or has bulb broken
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

5th Gear

Status
    It's 100% the luggage and storage pack for UK spec cars (and therefore standard on the S-line):

"Storage and luggage compartment package –
    includes storage nets on the backs of the front
    seat back rests, storage net in the front passenger
    footwell, 12V socket in the rear centre console
    and storage compartment under the rear seat.
    In the luggage compartment there is an additional
    multi-fastening point, net in the side compartment,
    luggage securing net, 12V socket and additional
    LED lighting
    "

Agreed that as Faisal's is an S-line he should have 2x LED bulbs in the boot. Go back and wave the brochure under their nose and demand it sorted
    Last edited by mjcourtney; 12th August 2013 at 21:09.
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Right I've just gone out to make sure I'm not going mad. I do have an s-line so given the lighting is part of the storage pack (didn't know that, thanks for the info), I should have it.

On the underside of the two triangular shaped pieces which hold the floor, there seems to be a rectangular plastic blanking piece. I take it this where the LED bulbs should be?

I would massively appreciate it if somebody could grab a pic of the lights so I can go back to the dealer armed with some evidence

Thanks for the helps guys and apologies for taking this off topic

2nd Gear

Status
    Right I've just gone out to make sure I'm not going mad. I do have an s-line so given the lighting is part of the storage pack (didn't know that, thanks for the info), I should have it.

On the underside of the two triangular shaped pieces which hold the floor, there seems to be a rectangular plastic blanking piece. I take it this where the LED bulbs should be?

I would massively appreciate it if somebody could grab a pic of the lights so I can go back to the dealer armed with some evidence

Thanks for the helps guys and apologies for taking this off topic
    just looked on line for pic and this one has ONE light in boot! On an s line, you can see storage net so must be and and has storage pack inc as normal !

Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line - Pictures | 10 | Auto Express

now confused !

5th Gear

Status

Yep, that's where they should be. I can grab some photos tomorrow if no one else does so in the mean time.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    just looked on line for pic and this one has ONE light in boot! On an s line, you can see storage net so must be and and has storage pack inc as normal !

Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line - Pictures | 10 | Auto Express

now confused !
    sorry although it says s line the cloth looks like sports cloth not s line, but still has storage pack !

5th Gear

Status
    Aaah this is because Audi imported a load of mixed up specs for their press cars that didn't relate to SE/Sport/S-line in any way. You are correct, the photo shows a Sport (or SE with Chrome window trim!!). I can't see anything in those photos to support it having the Storage pack.

Neutral

Status
    It really irritated me how poor the boot lighting was but I wish I knew there should have been LEDs earlier!! I was looking at changing the crappy bulb and retrofitting LEDs

Yep, that's where they should be. I can grab some photos tomorrow if no one else does so in the mean time.
    That would be great, thank you

3rd Gear

Status
    I wonder if it's a spec change at some point. They have been known to make minor changes like this and I seem to remember there being a few brochure revisions.

Mine has both lights - can't remember build week but it was mid February.

Anyone have a PDF of an early brochure they can check?
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    You could be onto something there....

I've just checked the February brochure and it says:

"Storage and luggage compartment
    package – includes storage nets on the backs of
    the front seat back rests, storage net in the front
    passenger footwell, 12V socket in the rear centre
    console, storage compartment under the rear
    seat. In the luggage compartment there is an
    additional multi-fastening point, net in the
    side compartment, luggage securing net and
    a 12V socket"

Absence of additional LED boot lighting. That said, I ordered mine in November last year and it has both LED lights in the boot.... more confusion!!!

I suspect if you argued your case they'd sort it out of good will.
    Last edited by mjcourtney; 12th August 2013 at 21:49. Reason: correct order date to November

2nd Gear

Status
    The photo shows the side compartment with net in the boot. That's part of the storage pack isn't it?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    The photo shows the side compartment with net in the boot. That's part of the storage pack isn't it?
    No, the net in the storage pack is a completely seperate net that ties down across the boot floor. The one in the picture is a little net built into the side of the boot - i don't honestly know if this is standard or comes with the S&L kit.

Edit: Actually having re-read it you are probably right. That car does have the storage pack, but they haven't shown the main storage net!

2nd Gear

Status
    Isn't that the "net in side compartment" from your previous quote?

5th Gear

Status
    Lol, yup! I edited above, you are correct

2nd Gear

Status
    That's what I thought, I just a blanked off flat wall with out storage pack on ones I've seen.
    Sorry photos didn't help much. But you can see where one side light is the other was exactly opposite in one I saw yesterday.

???

5th Gear

Status
    Best bet is to stick to plan A and get some photos of a UK S-line boot lights and take them to the dealer.
    Fragup likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    I don't have an S-Line, but do have the Storage pack, so will be having a close look at mine when it arrives!
    mjcourtney likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Just had a look at brochures and the lights were added for MY14. Any pics would be great though and the age of the car.

Mine was build week 8 so would be great to have a counter argument ready of other pre-MY14 cars with the lights

5th Gear

Status
    Build Week 8 here also....

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I don't have an S-Line, but do have the Storage pack, so will be having a close look at mine when it arrives!
    I also don't have s-line, don't have storage pack, but have interior light pack (part of xenon) -if thats relevant. Be interesting to see what I end up with when it arrives in a few weeks time! Probably just 1 non LED From reading the posts.
    Last edited by A3sportbackMark; 13th August 2013 at 06:01.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine was build week 9 - maybe it changed in 8. Be interesting to know if any earlier cars had the LEDs in the boot.

Neutral

Status
    Mines is s line with one normal bulb

5th Gear

Status
    Here's my S-line Sportback with Interior Light Pack (and Storage and Luggage pack as standard on s-line). The two LED lights are under the boot floor supports on both sides. There are no normal bulbs anywhere that I can see. Mine was build week 8.

IMAG0037.jpgIMAG0038.jpgIMAG0039.jpgIMAG0040.jpgIMAG0041.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    Here's my S-line Sportback with Interior Light Pack (and Storage and Luggage pack as standard on s-line). The two LED lights are under the boot floor supports on both sides. There are no normal bulbs anywhere that I can see. Mine was build week 8.

The lights on yours are in a different position to the photo I linked to further up. On that the light was 3/4 way up the side inset in to the fabric side wall, your seam higher up in the plastic and jut out.

3rd Gear

Status

Exactly the same as mine.

3rd Gear

Status
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line - Pictures | 10 | Auto Express these are the standard lights I believe, not the LEDs. They could be in different positions for different markets. Often 'press cars' have quirky features due to being 'pre-release'.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line - Pictures | 10 | Auto Express these are the standard lights I believe, not the LEDs. They could be in different positions for different markets. Often 'press cars' have quirky features due to being 'pre-release'.
    ok, I seamed to have found the worst example of a photo of an A3 S line possible, as mjcourtney said I found a pic of an early import,
    part s line, part se, part sport and all very confusing !

thanks, just hope my one comes a bit better put together !
    mjcourtney likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks very much for sorting pics mate. I definitely don't have these & I'm gutted as they look ideal.

However, I don't think I'm going to bother pursuing the matter as it technically, my car shouldn't have them anyway. It seems you got lucky (I'm jealous) so I wouldn't get anywhere.

Don't realy fancy having the dealers retro fit them as taking the panels off will only lead to rattles. Will probably just stick an LED bulb in the normal bulb holder instead of the standard poor excuse of a bulb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast