Snake Pliskin's Countdown

Ha ha nice one Sandra :o.k:

Great choice music and very fitting.

You may have to move this to the A5 section though as that is what I've ordered.
My new car journey started out here in the A3 section as initially I was planning on ordering an S3, but delays in its release meant I got diverted down the A5 road and ordered an S5 :)

strange thing is ... looks like I could have had an S3 sooner than an S3 as things turned out but hey ho that's life.

That said, I am still really interested in the S3 and so keep close tabs on the A3 / S3 section ... it is my 2nd home now :)

Reactions: Sandra
Ha ha nice one Sandra :o.k:

Great choice music and very fitting.

You may have to move this to the A5 section though as that is what I've ordered.
My new car journey started out here in the A3 section as initially I was planning on ordering an S3, but delays in its release meant I got diverted down the A5 road and ordered an S5 :)

strange thing is ... looks like I could have had an S3 sooner than an S3 as things turned out but hey ho that's life.

That said, I am still really interested in the S3 and so keep close tabs on the A3 / S3 section ... it is my 2nd home now :)

If its agreeable with you i think we will keep your countdown thread in here, its busier in here and it is your second home. :) x

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Very interesting & varied .... great choices :cool:

Very interesting & varied .... great choices :cool:

im never predictable, that would be boring, and i dont do boring. I have your collection day track saved. :) x

Still digging the variety :music:

Whats your confirmed collection date in November Glenn? :) x

Wow Glenn, at long last. Its been a long wait for you. I best get myself organised for the final countdown. I think you should wait till the 5th of november and ask for a private firework display for your collection. :) x

Congrats to you snake, you're the forum member whom created the topic that brought me to this website ! You're ace and i thank you! Enjoy your car :).

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and paullowther
Congrats to you snake, you're the forum member whom created the topic that brought me to this website ! You're ace and i thank you! Enjoy your car :).

thanks mate - enjoy my cars and talking about them with like minded people such as yourself.

it is nice when the waiting is over though and we can finally get to drive our new Audi 'S' machines !!!

Reactions: Battlekrapz
You still on for 4th November collection Glenn? :) x

The wait for you is nearly over then Snake! Gosh it seems an age ago looking back over the first few pages of "the" S3 thread and reading our considerations/observations and my Geneva notes!! etc. Another 4 months for me to wait.

I thought you would appreciate this - I remember finding this video while researching estoril blue - funny that you should end up ordering an Estoril blue S5 !

Snake's S5!

Cannot wait to hear about your S5 and see some pics. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Sandra
The wait for you is nearly over then Snake! Gosh it seems an age ago looking back over the first few pages of "the" S3 thread and reading our considerations/observations and my Geneva notes!! etc. Another 4 months for me to wait.

I thought you would appreciate this - I remember finding this video while researching estoril blue - funny that you should end up ordering an Estoril blue S5 !

Snake's S5!

Cannot wait to hear about your S5 and see some pics. :thumbsup:

I know - funny how things turn out isn't it !

You know what though - I do remember you posting that video back in the "early days" and it was that moment of seeing that video that I thought "wow that S5 and colour looks amazing". I reckon that was the moment that triggered my interest in the S5 - so YOU are responsible :)

Yep can't wait now mate - looking forward to seeing the car and estoril blue (for the 1st time on MY car) - hope I like it now.
Got all the toys to play about with like the elec seats, B&O, cruise, first S-Tronic auto box etc.
I remember sitting in an S5 for the 1st time earlier this year at the audi showroom - directly after just sitting in a Merc A Class 30 mins prior and the two were poles apart. The 5 was just sheer luxury and felt really special and the test drive confirmed it.

Hopefully it will all come flooding back very shortly when the car is finally mine :)

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall
Yes it will come flooding back for you soon, that "special" feeling is what really counts and that wont have changed. It's what brings that instant smile/grin as soon as you get close to the car which will last and last :sm4:

Cheers mate :)

Finally - after a mega long wait ... I have now picked up my estoril blue S5 ! :)

Pics will follow, as will a more detailed write up, collection experience and thoughts on the car but bullet points for now:

Colour - Jaw dropping - really suits the car and does change shade quite dramatically on dull and sunny days but looks fantastic I love it.
audi really have given us another stunning colour here - better than I even anticipated and can't recommend it enough.

When the cover was removed and I saw the car - for the 1st time - I was speechless, it truly looked stunning and that was coming from a TTS mind too.

Black package makes the car look even more meaner and aggressive on the outside and really blends with the estoril.

Interior is even better than I remember - so luxurious and a really special place to be.

S tronic - first auto and took to it straight away - slipped it into S mode a couple of times 'just to sample it' and yeah this really delivers the power and although I have not gunned the car as running in, I did feel the thrust and hear the noise which was brilliant and DID bring a smile to my face - again it was brilliant.

The sound - had a few exhaust pops and as noted above I have sampled the soundtrack to a degree and after the TTS which had very little sound, the S5 has a great soundtrack.

Super sports seats - geeeez these are just sublime ! Incredibly comfortable / supportive AND look amazing and the full elec adjustment adds to the 'premium' feel.

B&O - frickin awesome !! Really cool to have a decent sound system and I am seriously impressed with the sound - clarity & field of sound plus the deep base of course - love it.

Seen lots of heads turning already ha ha but one of those is me ... It was a helluva wait but oh my god it was so worth it now it's here ... I can say WITHOUT A DOUBT this is the best car I have ever had or might ever have. It has has not met my expectations, it has exceeded them on so many levels.

Overjoyed is an understatement.

Pics will follow - it's chucking it down now though - but being pro-detailed end of the week.

10/10

:)

Reactions: Jeff777LUFC, Johnnyb, Lmg and 1 other person
Great news indeed, I was actually thinking of you yesterday (in a healthy audi type of way!). Good to read your post with initial thoughts. Pics be great but no rush like that - when it suits. So pleased for you. :icon_thumright:

Thanks mate - well there was a fair bit of research collaboration between us earlier this year so yeah very Audi healthy :)

You were so right on the colour though and can propper appreciate all the photos posted and shades now of estoril.
The sun did come out briefly and shone on the centre section of the car - the front part was dark blue and the middle section in the sun was an electric blue with serious pop .. Looked ace !!

Your S3 will be great in this colour.

Really chuffed to bits ... No question Audi produce superb cars !

Reactions: davejinx
Awesome news mate! Been on this journey with you from the beginning of the S3 thread, so pleased you finally got it!

In a way, I kept telling myself that the wait only made the collecting all the much better... not sure that was completely true, but it's all done now :)

Glad you love the Estoril too, and really pleased you've had a little sunshine in which to see it. Although, having just washed and waxed mine yesterday, I was loving the look this morning (which up here is a very dull, flat day); really strong against the grey back drop.

Hope to see you on the road!

David

Cheers Dave.

Once you are through the wait it call feels worth it doesn't it, but at the time of waiting there are days it doesn't always feel like that - you imagine the day of pick up in your head and hope it makes itv worthwhile .... thankfully it does - especially in estoril blue :)

my my car was inside and fully sheeted over so had the 'big reveal' and it does add to the occasion & anticipation - the moment the sheet came off was incredible - taking it all in was a very heightened experience.

Almost wanted to keep it in the viewing area to keep it clean but hey :)

quick taster pics ....

Reactions: Jassyo06, Battlekrapz, Jamiekip and 7 others
Cheers mate :)

Finally - after a mega long wait ... I have now picked up my estoril blue S5 ! :)

Pics will follow, as will a more detailed write up, collection experience and thoughts on the car but bullet points for now:

Colour - Jaw dropping - really suits the car and does change shade quite dramatically on dull and sunny days but looks fantastic I love it.
audi really have given us another stunning colour here - better than I even anticipated and can't recommend it enough.

When the cover was removed and I saw the car - for the 1st time - I was speechless, it truly looked stunning and that was coming from a TTS mind too.

Black package makes the car look even more meaner and aggressive on the outside and really blends with the estoril.

Interior is even better than I remember - so luxurious and a really special place to be.

S tronic - first auto and took to it straight away - slipped it into S mode a couple of times 'just to sample it' and yeah this really delivers the power and although I have not gunned the car as running in, I did feel the thrust and hear the noise which was brilliant and DID bring a smile to my face - again it was brilliant.

The sound - had a few exhaust pops and as noted above I have sampled the soundtrack to a degree and after the TTS which had very little sound, the S5 has a great soundtrack.

Super sports seats - geeeez these are just sublime ! Incredibly comfortable / supportive AND look amazing and the full elec adjustment adds to the 'premium' feel.

B&O - frickin awesome !! Really cool to have a decent sound system and I am seriously impressed with the sound - clarity & field of sound plus the deep base of course - love it.

Seen lots of heads turning already ha ha but one of those is me ... It was a helluva wait but oh my god it was so worth it now it's here ... I can say WITHOUT A DOUBT this is the best car I have ever had or might ever have. It has has not met my expectations, it has exceeded them on so many levels.

Overjoyed is an understatement.

Pics will follow - it's chucking it down now though - but being pro-detailed end of the week.

10/10

:)

I thought the same about the S5 when I first got it. I think the quality of the package and the undeniable looks give massive immediate first impressions
Now, 8 months in and, I'm very meh about the car and won't be sad at all to see it go.
I hope it won't be the same for you, but the drive is really lacking in involvement, focus and excitement for me (despite speccing the driving aids).

I thought the same about the S5 when I first got it. I think the quality of the package and the undeniable looks give massive immediate first impressions
Now, 8 months in and, I'm very meh about the car and won't be sad at all to see it go.
I hope it won't be the same for you, but the drive is really lacking in involvement, focus and excitement for me (despite speccing the driving aids).

Having owned Audi's for years I am pretty confident in my decision and know it's the long term car for me.

Sounds like you got it wrong with the S5 as I know it's more about straight line speed & luxury which takes prominence over handling, buts that's fine for me.

Had plenty of thrashing about in the TTS and in the end the hard ride and minimal luxurious resulted in me wanting something different in my next car ... the S5 gives this on all levels !

Oh and the standard suspension is 'perfect' too - nice and firm but not Rock hard feel every bump like the TTS on mag ride - really happy with this aspect too.

Colour is also vital in a car choice and Estoril blue & titanium rotor wheels looks sublime ... Grey on grey would not do it for me either as it's way too dull, even on an S5.

Let's hope you get it right with S3 or could be another costly mistake for you ... Best of luck to you too !

Glen, car looks awesome, im sorry i am away, so kinda not been on here. Will have a better look at it when im on my ipad. Hope your smiling and happy with it so far. :) x

Having owned Audi's for years I am pretty confident in my decision and know it's the long term car for me.

Sounds like you got it wrong with the S5 as I know it's more about straight line speed & luxury which takes prominence over handling, buts that's fine for me.

Had plenty of thrashing about in the TTS and in the end the hard ride and minimal luxurious resulted in me wanting something different in my next car ... the S5 gives this on all levels !

Oh and the standard suspension is 'perfect' too - nice and firm but not Rock hard feel every bump like the TTS on mag ride - really happy with this aspect too.

Colour is also vital in a car choice and Estoril blue & titanium rotor wheels looks sublime ... Grey on grey would not do it for me either as it's way too dull, even on an S5.

Let's hope you get it right with S3 or could be another costly mistake for you ... Best of luck to you too !

Talking of colours I personally think Estoril is one of the worst colours on an Audi, shows off less of the S5's beautiful lines than any other colour. Saw an Estoril S5 and a Monsoon A5 next to each other and the A5 looked far better, despite being the lesser specced model.
Like I said, hope you enjoy it, but it definitely was a massive let down for me, and just a very mundane machine far too quickly. Excitement fizzled out.
We all have different priorities and desires from our cars, manufacturers would stop trying if we didn't.

The S3 felt more direct, immediate and involving than the S5 in the two test drives I've had. That said I don't think the S5 is a hard car to trump for driving excitement/involvement.
Whether it will keep the initial excitment is yet to be seen, but I'll find out, and if it doesn't I'll move on to the next effort.

Hi snake, car looks amazing, wow that is nice and colour is perfect with the black details, A5 sline / S5 / Rs5 3 doors are my favourite looking Audi's of the whole range (inc R8!). Enjoy, I am sure you will.
My second favourite is A3 Sline / S3 so am chuffed with my order,but if I ever have the spare money I would be sorely tempted by something like yours. :hubbahubba: