And so begins Fragup's Countdown Thread

I posted you a little tune on your ordered thread as per your request, lmao. This is going to be as long a countdown thread as Marks. :) x

I posted you a little tune on your ordered thread as per your request, lmao. This is going to be as long a countdown thread as Marks. :) x

i am going to have to be Patient and play, Spot the New Audi A3 every time I drive for the next 4 months ish.
i think it is a very popular game with everyone on this forum !

i am going to have to be Patient and play, Spot the New Audi A3 every time I drive for the next 4 months ish.
i think it is a very popular game with everyone on this forum !

lol, it sure seems to be the favourite pastime of those waiting for there cars. It adds to the build up of collection day. Now you have plenty of time to find the ideal location for the pics, so no excuses, lmao. :) x

lol, it sure seems to be the favourite pastime of those waiting for there cars. It adds to the build up of collection day. Now you have plenty of time to find the ideal location for the pics, so no excuses, lmao. :) x

mmm, good idea. Might avoid rural car parks at night as lighting up car for photos might draw "unwanted attention" from dog walkers without dogs if you know what I mean. This needs some though. Live near ish the sea so might be an idea. But by the time I get it, I might have to do snowy background on the drive. :)

Reactions: Sandra
I think it may be good idea to avoid rural areas, lmao. Some snow pics would be nice. :) x

Reactions: Fragup
Steamy Sunroof?

Hey Fragup, thanks for the link about the sunroof on the S3 thread, looks immense, better than the one on my 8P!

looking forward to seeing your pics mate!

Reactions: Sandra and Fragup
Steamy Sunroof?

Hey Fragup, thanks for the link about the sunroof on the S3 thread, looks immense, better than the one on my 8P!

looking forward to seeing your pics mate!

will do but will be a while till I get mine.
I Am test driving a S line black 3 door with a pano in 2 weeks time to finalise sports / s line suspension, so will take pics if I get the chance.

At Least as you say, I can let the steam out of the roof when I do get mine !

I believe that's why Audi introduced the pano sunroof in the UK...

it's ever growing Dogging epidemic...

Reactions: Fragup and Sandra

you guys are makng my sides hurt with laughing. :) x

Reactions: Johnnyb

I believe led lights will be popular in this niche market as well. It will revolutionise the sport, If I understand the rules of dogging properly, you take your dog to a car park, lose it on purpose, then they spend all night walking around or looking for it with their head light and asking other doggers if they have send theirs, At least I think I understand it, but might have missed something.
:uhm:
LED head lights can light up whole car park in one go, and the sad men who have lost their dogs can find them and go home earlier !

vorsprung Dutch technic (progress through technology?)

everybody's happy :salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: cemerson, Sandra and Johnnyb
I have to say - that's a worrying amount of knowledge you have there Fragup!

But i do believe Audi have really thought about their options list in congruence with the dogging lifestlye...

Stan Collymore's rumoured options list include - "Hold assist" "Drivers Assistance package" "Rear camera" and the "Banging & Olufsen sound system"

Also the DOG transmission...

Runrig Loch Lomond -

Thanks for the tune...

loch lomond looks an amazing place...

but not sure about the song though :whistle2:

Last edited:
Thanks Sandra,
:thrashi:Don't remember them, but vaguely recognise the tune.

Just been into dealer to finalise suspension and got my build week : 45 ! (1st week of November) so will get car late November :yahoo:
which is 2 months early than first quoted !

ordered on 10th August so will have taken about 3 1/2 months so not too bad

:yes:

Just got home to an answer phone message from dealer.
My car has been built and is leaving Germany this week ! :jump:
Which is a good surprise as my build weeks is 45 which is NEXT week and was confirmed 3 weeks ago.

dealer says should be ready to collect in 3 weeks ! :yahoo:

Need to buy Audi S line tax disc holder (black) from Amazon and is it sad, but anyone else tempted by the Audi dust caps for the tyres for about a fiver ?

Am getting excited now was given a date by the lease company of December 9th, ordered end of July/ early August. But hoping for an early delivery like you!

Seam to see far more people getting earlier rather than later for A3's hatchback and sport back so fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: outlaw7
Been into dealer today and got to choose the number plate (from a list of 40 ish) is a nice touch to get to choose.
car is arriving at dealers some time between Monday and Friday next week !
can't wait ! :jump:

Reactions: Daveotto
Hi fragup, seen your countdown thread is progressing and soon ready for car collection. Time has flown and you will soon be class of 63!

BTW, have you chosen your location for your pics? :uhm:

Hi fragup, seen your countdown thread is progressing and soon ready for car collection. Time has flown and you will soon be class of 63!

BTW, have you chosen your location for your pics? :uhm:

My car is due to be delivered to dealer this week, so could come to day :w00t:!
i am off work today so might pop in and have a look if there yet (might = definitely)
so should be able to collect next week or week after at worst.

I was thinking of pics up on the South Downs as not far from my house / dealers and should be a fun drive.
is a nice rural location with amazing views, problem is, it seams to raining all the time at the moment which might spoil pics, this has got a upside though, It might keep the dogging fraternity ( see earlier posts ) away from the best sites, although If I put the xenon's on full beam on top of a big hill (believe there are really powerful from all I have read), it will be like a beacon for the weirdo's attracting them for miles around :uhm: !

hmmm, might have to have a re-think !