Badger5Sky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By snakehips

Thread: Newbie seeks advice...

3rd Gear

Status

Question Newbie seeks advice...

Hi All,
    After 5 years in a GTi I've had my head turned by the new A3. Now that the 184PS is available to order I'll be having a test drive in a couple weeks then (if it's any good) jumping straight in to the purchase.
    My plan is to get an S-Line Quattro S-tronic fully loaded with EVERY option except Advanced Key, Magnetic Ride and Advanced Parking but that may just be the adrenalin affecting my judgement! Anything on the list of extras that people have found sounded like a good idea at the time but turned out to be a waste of money?
    Looking forward to having some fun in this forum!
    Snakey
    Sandra likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Welcome to audi-sport.net Snakey and the 8v section. You will get lots of help and information in here and will enjoy the banter. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

1st Gear

Status
    The pano sunroof is definitely not a waste of money! My car looks fantastic plus loads of light and nice to have open in the warm weather!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthus_1 View Post
    The pano sunroof is definitely not a waste of money! My car looks fantastic plus loads of light and nice to have open in the warm weather!
    I wanted that but didn't know it actually opened so now I definitely want that! My wife's Evoque has the panoramic roof but it doesn't open so assumed the A3 one didn't either. The roof, tech pack and B&O speakers are the three absolute must-haves for me, all the rest is mainly because I have more money than sense, especially the LED lights (even though I am told they are great).

6th Gear

Status
    It's not really panoramic though - it's the same size as any other sunroof, even if the glass that covers it on top appears to be bigger.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the tip! But I think an opening smaller roof is still preferable to a larger fixed roof.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    It's not really panoramic though - it's the same size as any other sunroof, even if the glass that covers it on top appears to be bigger.
    yeah true but still looks fab!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Plus one for the pano. 1st thing I spec'ed, just posted link on S3 thread to YouTube video of it. Have to agree it is just a big sunroof inside, not quite full panoramic, but still cool inside and out, and looks really good open.
    Last edited by Fragup; 12th August 2013 at 18:41.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    I wanted that but didn't know it actually opened so now I definitely want that! My wife's Evoque has the panoramic roof but it doesn't open so assumed the A3 one didn't either. The roof, tech pack and B&O speakers are the three absolute must-haves for me, all the rest is mainly because I have more money than sense, especially the LED lights (even though I am told they are great).
    whats weird is your not the first person to say that! Am sure somebody else on here said they didn't order pano roof as advised by dealer it didn't open !

+1 for the pano roof, have it on mine and wouldn't be without it
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.