• 2 Post By Daveotto
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1
  • 1 Post By hittchy
  • 1 Post By hittchy
  • 2 Post By Daveotto

Thread: Fave exterior design feature

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Fave exterior design feature

For current owners, I'm sure you have your comments and for the rest of the folks waiting for delivery, you can comment on the 1st September !!

just thought I would put this it there for comments.....what are your favourite exterior design features? I've not had an Audi so I have quite a few!

1. Sharp shoulder line.
    2. intersection of shoulder line with rear light cluster.
    3. Looking from the front, the curves of the front wing as they taper into the corner of the wing..didn't really notice this before
    4. The overall look of the front headlight unit, very smart!

Looking forward to a good chat with this one
    Now driving: A3 8V Sportback in Glacier White. 1.4 TFSI SE

Interior Light Pack
    Interior Aluminium Elements
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Free DAB as standard as of April 2013 sure was!!
    Cheerio: 2.0 TDCI Zetec Mondeo (should have been a good car but hasn't )

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Although not a new 8v owner yet, the one design feature which blew me away when I first saw the car were the DRL's, which use light pipe technology, and blend in perfectly with the rest of the cars design shape and form.

So many manufacturers have just put in a bunch of LED's where there was space or in a the nearest grill with little design consideration. Of the higher end brands Mercedes are probably the worse exponents of this
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    The wing mirrors to be honest. Actually made them a decent, styling, aerodynamic shape after so many hopeless efforts on the 8P.

The original 8P3 mirrors were stupidly large and quickly dubbed "dumbo" ears, which actually lead to Audi changing them very quickly.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    The wing mirrors to be honest. Actually made them a decent, stylish, aerodynamic shape after so many hopeless efforts on the 8P.

The original 8P3 mirrors were stupidly large and quickly dubbed "dumbo" ears, which actually lead to Audi changing them very quickly.
    First Ever Audi likes this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    The wing mirrors to be honest. Actually made them a decent, stylish, aerodynamic shape after so many hopeless efforts on the 8P.

.... and you felt so strongly about it you said it twice...
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Although not a new 8v owner yet, the one design feature which blew me away when I first saw the car were the DRL's, which use light pipe technology, and blend in perfectly with the rest of the cars design shape and form.

So many manufacturers have just put in a bunch of LED's where there was space or in a the nearest grill with little design consideration. Of the higher end brands Mercedes are probably the worse exponents of this
    Don't get me started on Renault and Kia. If you've bought a cheap car, no amount of LED bling is going to make it cool. The new Clio just looks hideous where they've located them.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Don't get me started on Renault and Kia. If you've bought a cheap car, no amount of LED bling is going to make it cool. The new Clio just looks hideous where they've located them.
    citroen are the worst IMHO especially on the DS range, I just hate those vertical bands of bulbs. Sat inside a DS5 and the internal lighting is more like Blackpool illuminations
    hittchy and First Ever Audi like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.