Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By A3sportbackMark

Thread: 63 Registrations are Here!

2nd Gear

Status

Smile 63 Registrations are Here!

I've just received an email from the dealership to say they have received there allocation of 63 registations and are starting to assign them to customers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Crikey - 1 month early! When do you collect the motor?
    2007 A3 S Line Quattro 170 TDi

2nd Gear

Status
    Hopefully the 1st.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    Hopefully the 1st.
    Sweet
    2007 A3 S Line Quattro 170 TDi

4th Gear

Status
    From the list of allocated plates, is it possible to chose your preference? I don't suppose I will hear from my dealer, but now I know, I can pester them again!

2nd Gear

Status
    The timing of allocations probably varies a fair bit between the DVLA offices.

Sometimes the dealers will offer you the choice from a list, but others will pick for you. It's worth asking if it matters to you.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I've just received an email from the dealership to say they have received there allocation of 63 registations and are starting to assign them to customers.
    got the same message from my dealer yesterday, will not get a choice but have let the dealer decide best fit against my initials and dob etc.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    I got the same thing.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Alesbury View Post
    I got the same thing.
    not overly concerned by this, would have been nice to get a choice but if a dealer is trying to get 15 -20 cars licensed in time for 1st week in September it becomes a bit of a nightmare trying to give everyone free choice of their allocated registrations particularly if there are two people wanting the same reg number.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    I suppose if you were MEGA concerned about it, you'd just get your own personalised plate, wouldn't you.

Neutral

Status

Smile 63 Regs

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Alesbury View Post
    I suppose if you were MEGA concerned about it, you'd just get your own personalised plate, wouldn't you.
    My dealer in Coulsdon kindly phoned me and offered a choice, most helpful. I chose CYL for the last three letters short for Cylinder and easy to remember, especially at my age!!

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Not long now Ross........
    Now driving: A3 8V Sportback in Glacier White. 1.4 TFSI SE

Interior Light Pack
    Interior Aluminium Elements
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Free DAB as standard as of April 2013 sure was!!
    Cheerio: 2.0 TDCI Zetec Mondeo (should have been a good car but hasn't )

4th Gear

Status
    I have just had my first ever unsolicited communication from my dealership, and I have had comfirmation of my allocated reg plate. I almost fainted! Somehow, they have got both my initials at the start of the 3 letter part of the reg, and in the right order! How spooky is that? Needless to say, the reg is already etched in my memory (until I've had a drink or two....haha)
    Daveotto and SportbackStu like this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Neutral

Status
    Got to wait until the last week in October for mine, but its still only a few weeks
    2013 A3 SB 2.0TDI S line, Dakota Grey, Half Leather, Sports suspension, SD card Sat Nav, Cruise control, DAB radio, Audi sound system, Through-load facility, Hold assist, Heated front seats​

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    I have just had my first ever unsolicited communication from my dealership, and I have had comfirmation of my allocated reg plate. I almost fainted! Somehow, they have got both my initials at the start of the 3 letter part of the reg, and in the right order! How spooky is that? Needless to say, the reg is already etched in my memory (until I've had a drink or two....haha)
    Thats really good, I hope I am just as lucky

6th Gear

Status
    Just emailed my dealer to ask about this, as he agreed to let me choose from a list when I made the order.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Dealer replied and said that they have some allocations and will let me choose, but the car has to be in the UK first, so will just wait for that I guess.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    I don't see why the car has to be in the country for them to just put your name next to a reg.

6th Gear

Status
    Me neither, but there we go - I'm not too bothered what it is really, just want to make sure it doesn't spell anything dodgy :P

2nd Gear

Status
    In theory the DVLA are supposed to filter out anything dodgy. I'm sure they must miss the occasional one though.

I'm not too bothered by my reg either. If I was I'd get a personalised one.

6th Gear

Status
    Not dodgy like that, but there might be things I don't want that would be fine for others for example, or things I'd prefer over others