Build dates confusion

Lewis0714

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question so I apologise in advance!
I have been advised that my A3 will be built on 19th August, not sure if that's the completion date or the date that the build commences.​
Does anyone know what build week this is? I have no idea how it all works, so no idea when I will actually get my hands on it! Haha. Is the build week just how many weeks into the year we are?
If anyone has an idea I would appreciate the help!
Thanks!

This is probably a stupid question so I apologise in advance!
I have been advised that my A3 will be built on 19th August, not sure if that's the completion date or the date that the build commences.​
Does anyone know what build week this is? I have no idea how it all works, so no idea when I will actually get my hands on it! Haha. Is the build week just how many weeks into the year we are?
If anyone has an idea I would appreciate the help!
Thanks!

19th of August is the monday of the 34th week of the year, so this sounds like your build week. This the week they make the car in the factory in Germany, then they ship it over to to England and transport it to your dealer, this normally seams to takes about 3 weeks, then your deal will need a few days to get you car ready for collection, so you should get your car about mid September (my guess about week commencing 16th September ish ?).

So in about 6 weeks you should get your new car. :)