AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Race for a 63 plate

4th Gear

Status

Race for a 63 plate

Well, less than a month to go for the new 63 plate.

Who will the the 1st to have the new reg?

Like quite a few other people on here, I have been waiting months, although the car is built I am waiting for those extra few painful weeks for the new reg. Not sure if the waiting will be more agonising than the 1st few weeks after ordering back in march. Good job I joined this forum to take my mind of it.... I'm starting to have feelings of OCD srcutinising the finer points of the Audi!

And is there anyone out there not waiting for the new reg? Maybe there are still many more collection dates in August.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I would have thought that new collections would dry up now until September...
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Someone (I forget who) has been invited to a BBQ at the dealership the night before with collections just after midnight!

I'll hopefully be getting mine on the 1st, but I have no idea what time.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    Someone (I forget who) has been invited to a BBQ at the dealership the night before with collections just after midnight!

That was me

Still nervous about them getting it in time as its not shipped yet! But the dealer keeps assuring me we are on target :D
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post

**UPDATE**

Literally just received this email:

" Hi Chris,

The car has been built and is in transit and should be due on the 11th of August, so it will be ready for the 1st September! Did you want to pick it up at midnight? We are doing a launch night with live music a BBQ and a few things like that. With lots of new cars all being handed over! Should be a really good night too?

Kind regards,

Jack"

Sorry guys but I think I have won

WooHoo!!
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Neutral

Status
    Hmmm...mine didn't offer a BBQ...I have a pick up slot of 10:30am on the 1st Sep, can't blooming wait...we have all been waiting months. I know mine is safely parked up in an Audi compound somewhere in Colchester waiting for me.....What are we going to do in the meantime grrr
    On Order...Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback S-Line. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoking and Tyre Monitor...Due in July...ordered March

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkAudiMan View Post
    Hmmm...mine didn't offer a BBQ...I have a pick up slot of 10:30am on the 1st Sep, can't blooming wait...we have all been waiting months. I know mine is safely parked up in an Audi compound somewhere in Colchester waiting for me.....What are we going to do in the meantime grrr
    Tell me about it!! So excited I feel like a child at Christmas :D even bigger tease is knowing it will be sitting quietly waiting for me on the 11th and I am driving to Dorset for a couple of weeks on the 12th arghhh! But it will be worth it.

Ok can anyone beat 12:01am on the first? hee hee
    SJW likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Well 97Catalunya, that collection time of yours is pretty hard to beat.

Visited my dealer today and have a collection time of 10.15 on the 1st sept.

I was quite surprised when the dealer said he was still very busy handing over new cars, not waiting for the new reg. Must admit, it didn't occur to me until he mentioned if i wanted to wait, and of course the overwhelming opinion on this forum.
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Well 97Catalunya, that collection time of yours is pretty hard to beat.

Visited my dealer today and have a collection time of 10.15 on the 1st sept.

I was quite surprised when the dealer said he was still very busy handing over new cars, not waiting for the new reg. Must admit, it didn't occur to me until he mentioned if i wanted to wait, and of course the overwhelming opinion on this forum.
    Catluynya is clearly in the gold medal spot, I am am just pipping you for silver with 10.00

Collecting from wimbledon, not sure where you are collecting from and then heading to, but I plan to head west on the M4 towards the M25 then north/clockwise back to Herts.
    SJW likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Catluynya is clearly in the gold medal spot, I am am just pipping you for silver with 10.00

Collecting from wimbledon, not sure where you are collecting from and then heading to, but I plan to head west on the M4 towards the M25 then north/clockwise back to Herts.
    I pick mine up in Berkshire, just off the M4. I'm sure I will go for a spin, but havn't planned any "just picked up my Audi" driving route. Maybe our paths will cross!

1st Gear

Status
    I'm one of those not waiting, picking up the s3 on weds
    SJW likes this.

Born to Fish

Status
    It's OK for you lot.............. I'm still waiting for a build date at the mo..........................................2016 seems favourite.

I want my red S line now......now..........now.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

4th Gear

Status
    havn't planned any "just picked up my Audi" driving route. Maybe our paths will cross!
    Once i get to Kew Bridge M4/M25,although twice as long, is a far better first drive route home, with a couple of detour options, compared to the plodding route round the North Circular and up the A10.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    It's OK for you lot.............. I'm still waiting for a build date at the mo..........................................2016 seems favourite.

I want my red S line now......now..........now.
    Wow wasn't it 6 or 7 weeks ago you ordered and still not got a build date? I would be pestering the dealer daily by now!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    Tell me about it!! So excited I feel like a child at Christmas :D even bigger tease is knowing it will be sitting quietly waiting for me on the 11th and I am driving to Dorset for a couple of weeks on the 12th arghhh! But it will be worth it.

Ok can anyone beat 12:01am on the first? hee hee
    Just had a call from my dealer, they are also having a opening Event on the Saturday night, so I will join you catalunya in collecting my car at 12:01am.
    I hope everyone collecting their car on the 1st has a fantastic day, and I will look forwar to seeing all the photo's.
    On order A3 SB 1.6 TDI S-Line - Daytona Grey, Fine Nappa Leather, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Aluminium Roof Rails, Hold Assist, Park Assist Plus, 5 Year Warranty.
    Build Week 27 Delivery: 1st September.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V00D00 View Post
    Just had a call from my dealer, they are also having a opening Event on the Saturday night, so I will join you catalunya in collecting my car at 12:01am.
    I hope everyone collecting their car on the 1st has a fantastic day, and I will look forwar to seeing all the photo's.
    Welcome to the race voodoo, looks like catalunya has some competition!
    For a minute, I thought your spec was close to daveotto, but still sufficiently different to be unique! On closer inspection quite a few optional differences.

I thought there were about a dozen or so for 1st sept collection, but after perusing the forum, now i reckon there are far more.
    Sandra and Daveotto like this.

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    Sadly no midnight BBQs from my dealer, and I'm busy in the morning, so it's 3pm for me...

4th Gear

Status
    Welcome to the race voodoo, looks like catalunya has some competition!
    For a minute, I thought your spec was close to daveotto, but still sufficiently different to be unique! On closer inspection quite a few optional differences.

I thought there were about a dozen or so for 1st sept collection, but after perusing the forum, now i reckon there are far more.
    Looks like I have been pushed down to bronze medal spot, not sure I will hold it for much longer as expect a couple of other midnight collections surfacing in the next few days
    A3sportbackMark likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Looks like I have been pushed down to bronze medal spot, not sure I will hold it for much longer as expect a couple of other midnight collections surfacing in the next few days
    Ahhh, these other boys pushing themselves in front of us haha. No medal for me at 10.15am, just content to have a very unique car.

Neutral

Status
    Hi, no rush for mine as delivery is supposed to be the end of October
    2013 A3 SB 2.0TDI S line, Dakota Grey, Half Leather, Sports suspension, SD card Sat Nav, Cruise control, DAB radio, Audi sound system, Through-load facility, Hold assist, Heated front seats​

1st Gear

Status
    Getting mine on the 3rd, decided to avoid the rush on the 1st! Have waited since the end of May so I figured a couple more days wouldn't hurt me!
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

Rup
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Getting mine delivered on the evening before Just not allowed to drive it until midnight

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V00D00 View Post
    Argh I turn my back for 5 mins and look what happens!
    Well done mate makes the collection an even more exciting event hey. 2 weeks today and it will be sitting outside :D
    V00D00 likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rup View Post
    Getting mine delivered on the evening before Just not allowed to drive it until midnight
    Nice, but must admit I do like the whole dealer new car experience thing

Status
    Daft Punk - Prime Time of Your Life - YouTube

This tune is for you all to share. x
    A3sportbackMark likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

4th Gear

Status
    Anyone else finding this wait painful?.....just going to take a power nap for 2 weeks.....hope my alarm clock works, if not can someone wake me up please?
    Last edited by A3sportbackMark; 18th August 2013 at 09:44.

Status
    Anyone else finding this wait painful?.....just going to take a power nap for 2 weeks.....hope my alarm clock works, if not can someone wake me up please?
    Mark it has been a long wait for you since ordering to getting to this point, think we need to step up your music to keep you awake. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Mark it has been a long wait for you since ordering to getting to this point, think we need to step up your music to keep you awake. x
    Haha, like it!... That will make the time pass, not that I want to miss anything!

4th Gear

Status
    yep more painful than a painful thing!!!! Just checked my order date and the form says 11th March.....feels lie years ago

3rd Gear

Status
    yep more painful than a painful thing!!!! Just checked my order date and the form says 11th March.....feels lie years ago
    I read recently that the world was going to end on 30 August this year. After all that waiting, eh....
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    Yup... last 2 weeks going sooo slowly, mainly because it's the only thing I'm thinking about at the moment!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm not too bad at the mo as away still till Thursday, but after that I think the brakes will be on!

12 days 13 hours and 22 mins to go

Neutral

Status
    Yep, mine says 23rd March....my dealer even rubbed salt in by saying "thank you for your patience"....grrr...nearly there now though Dave.

My dealer has chosen my reg for me...another gripe but the euro style plates were at no cost which I am pleased about. I'm still waiting for the CRD and confirmation of the reg though. Anyone else signed their CRD? I want to sort out GAP and Motor Insurance.

Has anyone added SD Card Nav from the dealer rather than the factory? I have, but the dealer hasn't confirmed if I will need to pay this with the remainder of the deposit or if he is just adding it to the monthly payments. P.S. my dealer has been most unhelpful from start to finish...obviously been busy selling to more important customers than me.

Anyway....wahoo...I have the week off after pick-up, get the feeling I am going to be putting some miles on my new motor!
    Sandra likes this.
    On Order...Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback S-Line. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoking and Tyre Monitor...Due in July...ordered March

Status
    Yep, mine says 23rd March....my dealer even rubbed salt in by saying "thank you for your patience"....grrr...nearly there now though Dave.

My dealer has chosen my reg for me...another gripe but the euro style plates were at no cost which I am pleased about. I'm still waiting for the CRD and confirmation of the reg though. Anyone else signed their CRD? I want to sort out GAP and Motor Insurance.

Has anyone added SD Card Nav from the dealer rather than the factory? I have, but the dealer hasn't confirmed if I will need to pay this with the remainder of the deposit or if he is just adding it to the monthly payments. P.S. my dealer has been most unhelpful from start to finish...obviously been busy selling to more important customers than me.

Anyway....wahoo...I have the week off after pick-up, get the feeling I am going to be putting some miles on my new motor!
    What is your pick up date please, as you dont have a countdown thread and we need to get that sorted asap. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

Neutral

Status
    What is your pick up date please, as you dont have a countdown thread and we need to get that sorted asap. x
    Hey Sandra, my pick-up is 10:30am on the 1st September! Very excited now, I have never wished so much time away in all my life.

Status
    Hey Sandra, my pick-up is 10:30am on the 1st September! Very excited now, I have never wished so much time away in all my life.
    wow, another 1st sept pick up. I will set up a countdown thread for you just shortly. Time will pass slowly in this last few weeks, but hopefully we will try keep your mind busy on here. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

Neutral

Status
    wow, another 1st sept pick up. I will set up a countdown thread for you just shortly. Time will pass slowly in this last few weeks, but hopefully we will try keep your mind busy on here. x
    Thanks Sandra...looking forward to the thread! Matt
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Thanks Sandra...looking forward to the thread! Matt
    Hi Matt, you are now up and running with the rest of the countdown crew. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

4th Gear

Status
    Once i get to Kew Bridge M4/M25,although twice as long, is a far better first drive route home, with a couple of detour options, compared to the plodding route round the North Circular and up the A10.
    Dave, on our collection day, I could be around the M25/M4 junction on my "just got an Audi car" drive. If you are interested in making our paths coincide, I'd love to admire your new car! PM if interested

Status
    Dave, on our collection day, I could be around the M25/M4 junction on my "just got an Audi car" drive. If you are interested in making our paths coincide, I'd love to admire your new car! PM if interested
    Mark, you have to make this happen. Would be unique to have a photo shoot with 2 cars. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast