AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Race for a 63 plate

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    I'll join Fragup as a December pickup.

I reckon by that time it's just going to me and him on this forum, commenting only on posts created by each other! Lonely times!
    Haha....you will be welcoming all the newbies...and they will be so jelous that you are collecting yours.
    Look back through the posts, there are some well known sayings
    1. Gggrrrrr can't stand this wait
    2. Can't wait!
    3. good luck on your collection, mine not due till 2016...
    4. When will I hear about my build date?
    TDI-line and Fragup like this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Funnily enough, Sleaford is the first place I'm heading with my new car tomorrow (well, RAF Cranwell!)

We'll have to meet up for a photo of both cars lol...I live in Ruskington

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers guys, I'm getting all excited now!!! The Quattro should be a lotta fun! Can anyone shed light on the B&O sound system, should I be careful at 1st and run it in? Some people have said I should keep it low for a few weeks?? Does that sound right?
    A3 S Line 1.8 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyboyp View Post
    Cheers guys, I'm getting all excited now!!! The Quattro should be a lotta fun! Can anyone shed light on the B&O sound system, should I be careful at 1st and run it in? Some people have said I should keep it low for a few weeks?? Does that sound right?
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...-swatches.html

I just posted a few thoughts on the sound system... it's the second post in.

I believe that it's a good idea to keep the volume at a reasonable level for the first week and as each day passes just turn it up a bit more.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'll join Fragup as a December pickup.

I reckon by that time it's just going to me and him on this forum, commenting only on posts created by each other! Lonely times!
    Hi long wait buddy. to the November / December club. Unfortunately it's a select club and people at the top on the list of the above can't join .
    We just have to hope that some of these very nice, excited people remember us when they have there lovely new cars and post us photos and feed back, bits they like and bits they don't ( have a feeling these will be in the minority ) to keep us going.
    Showing off is absolutely fine be me !
    There is an upside, our cars will be newer when we get them
    And we will sleep better to night
    But the down side is I am jealous as hell
    TDI-line likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

3rd Gear

Status
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...-swatches.html

I just posted a few thoughts on the sound system... it's the second post in.

I believe that it's a good idea to keep the volume at a reasonable level for the first week and as each day passes just turn it up a bit more.
    Spot on! But most important is even after running in, let it warm up each time you use it! Never just jump in and crank it!
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    Hi long wait buddy. to the November / December club. Unfortunately it's a select club and people at the top on the list of the above can't join .
    We just have to hope that some of these very nice, excited people remember us when they have there lovely new cars and post us photos and feed back, bits they like and bits they don't ( have a feeling these will be in the minority ) to keep us going.
    Showing off is absolutely fine be me !
    There is an upside, our cars will be newer when we get them
    And we will sleep better to night
    But the down side is I am jealous as hell
    Ahhhh fresh meat, yum :P

Ha ha I tell you what, I can't wait to start answering new buyers questions like the "Class of 13" did for me after I placed my order :D
    TDI-line, Sandra and Fragup like this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one!! Will take that advise as I don't want to ruin it.
    A3 S Line 1.8 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

4th Gear

Status
    Good luck coolguy and any others on your collection today!

Not sure what I'm doing up so early....maybe going for an early morning drive before work?
    coolguy likes this.
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Status
    Good luck coolguy. Enjoy the collection of your car. x
    coolguy likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks A3sportbackMark and Sandra! Couple of hours to go before owning my 1st Audi. Just getting everything ready and my what-I-need-to-do-&-check list when I get there.
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

4th Gear

Status
    Driver tim and new Audi owner, it's your day!

Enjoy, it's a fantastic experience, good luck on your collection, the class of 63 is growing!
    Karl Alesbury likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Driver tim and new Audi owner, it's your day!

Enjoy, it's a fantastic experience, good luck on your collection, the class of 63 is growing!
    Thanks, a little over 90 minutes to go for me :-) Hopefully get some pictures up later.
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by driver_tim View Post
    Thanks, a little over 90 minutes to go for me :-) Hopefully get some pictures up later.
    good luck, looking forward to pics.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Status
    ​Good luck on the collection of your cars. We will all look forward to hearing from you and seeing the pics. x

Reverse Gear

Status
    17:30 today and I will be part of the 63 class. Today is going to be a slow day....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGTL View Post
    17:30 today and I will be part of the 63 class. Today is going to be a slow day....
    Good luck with the collection, just try not to think about it to much till its time to go. You will enjoy this section of the forum, we have had a fair few (16 ) iirc collection since Sunday. They are all super friendly guys in here. Enjoy. x

Status
    You boys all enjoying the new cars? x
    cemerson likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Very much
    Sandra likes this.
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Very much
    Would second that!
    Sandra likes this.
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

5th Gear

Status
    Do I need to answer that?
    Sandra likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Status
    ​Im so happy for you all. X

4th Gear

Status
    Probably still driving

3rd Gear

Status
    So chuffed :D

6th Gear

Status
    Echo all the above! It's fantastic, great toys, and all works so much better than I expected (and I expected a lot!)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just got home from putting some miles on mine. Love it to bits already, what a joy to drive! Everything just works as it should. Getting 48MPG already and managed to clock up 70 miles.

Bluetooth works very well, my 16GB micro USB full of music works perfectly, and I didn't even know about the DAB radio so that was a nice surprise (love the 80's channel).

Can't wait to drive it more!!!!

Born to Fish

Status
    At last at last ! Got a phone call back today off the dealer. BUILD WEEK 39 yippee. He said built in mid October and delivery at the end.

Mine needs MOT at end of October and the dealer said any car going in PX has to have at least a months MOT on it !!!!!!!! Never come across this on my last 2 cars I have PXed at 3 years old.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    At last at last ! Got a phone call back today off the dealer. BUILD WEEK 39 yippee. He said built in mid October and delivery at the end.

Mine needs MOT at end of October and the dealer said any car going in PX has to have at least a months MOT on it !!!!!!!! Never come across this on my last 2 cars I have PXed at 3 years old.
    Great news that you've finally got a build date.

The MOT thing must just be a policy they have.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just had the annoying actuator rattle start on mine.

This is what I was told....

'With regards to the metallic rattle, it is still safe to drive and Audi are bringing the new part this month. I imagine there will be a recall as a few have been affected by this. Once we find out how big of a job it is we will be able to make it as easy as possible for you.

Hopefully it’s a small job and we can pick the car up from your work and drop it off same day, but we won’t know until we have the updated part which is expected later this month'

4th Gear

Status
    At least they've realised it's an issue affecting a wide range of people. This also means they will be, if they haven't already, be fixing the issue at point of manufacture.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGTL View Post
    Just had the annoying actuator rattle start on mine.

This is what I was told....

'With regards to the metallic rattle, it is still safe to drive and Audi are bringing the new part this month. I imagine there will be a recall as a few have been affected by this. Once we find out how big of a job it is we will be able to make it as easy as possible for you.

Hopefully it’s a small job and we can pick the car up from your work and drop it off same day, but we won’t know until we have the updated part which is expected later this month'
    1.4 TFSI I assume?

Mine is back at the garage for the 3rd time whilst they investigate why the new turbo clip didn't fix the issue. Will be interesting to see what they come back and say.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    1.4 TFSI I assume?

Mine is back at the garage for the 3rd time whilst they investigate why the new turbo clip didn't fix the issue. Will be interesting to see what they come back and say.
    Indeed the 1.4TFSI. I can imagine a few people at Audi sat with their head in hands.......seems such a widespread issue which you don't really expect from a premium brand such as Audi.

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah, it is ridiculous. This is the last chance the dealer have to sort it before I get on the phone to Audi UK. 3 Strikes and all that.....
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    What a nightmare MJ ! I still cannot believe that there isn't a recall, just a poxy Technical Bulletin! I think that by now they should be offering you something for the inconvenience.

As for the new class of 63, i would have thought that with probably the build weeks being after the discovery of the Rod issue, that the fix would have been applied during production??
    Now driving: A3 8V Sportback in Glacier White. 1.4 TFSI SE

Interior Light Pack
    Interior Aluminium Elements
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Free DAB as standard as of April 2013 sure was!!
    Cheerio: 2.0 TDCI Zetec Mondeo (should have been a good car but hasn't )

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just updated my Audi bluetooth software from v.365 to v.4160 using the SD card method.

Can't find a changelog for the update but always good to keep the software up to date, no doubt Audi will add more devices/compatibility.

For those who may do this, it will tell you that it was successful after about 3-5 minutes.....just give it time!!

Mobile device database > Audi Worldwide
    mjcourtney likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    How did you find out about the BT upgrade? That's good because i'm having some quality issues with my HTC One X and this might fix it!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    How did you find out about the BT upgrade? That's good because i'm having some quality issues with my HTC One X and this might fix it!
    I came across it while supping tea and clicking randomly on the Audi website. I noticed the update included the A3 and it had a date of either June or July 2013 so I thought I would go out to my car (which is 2 days old) and look at the software version in my settings.

Followed the instructions and bang, my equipment reports I am on v.4160 - by the looks of the revision number I would say there has been quite a few small updates with the bluetooth software. I'd be interested to see what software you are running before doing the update.

6th Gear

Status
    I'll have to check what version I'm running - I assume there's a way to get your current version number?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    When I eventually get my car back from the dealers I will take a look and post up the existing software number if I can find it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I'll have to check what version I'm running - I assume there's a way to get your current version number?
    Yes. If you go into the main system settings and scroll to bottom it will say something like software update and software version. Look at the software version and let us know here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast