Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Race for a 63 plate

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Dave, on our collection day, I could be around the M25/M4 junction on my "just got an Audi car" drive. If you are interested in making our paths coincide, I'd love to admire your new car! PM if interested
    Yea lets see if we can make this happen, so I can admire yours!!

The mini meet thing I was hoping to organise for 8th September might have to be defered for a week or two due to my son's football season starting a week early on the 8th, just waiting for fixtures and kick off times for the opening day fixtures.

Will drop you a line in the next day or two. Any ideas for a meeting place apart from Heathrow?
    Sandra likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post

The mini meet thing I was hoping to organise for 8th September might have to be defered for a week or two due to my son's football season starting a week early on the 8th, just waiting for fixtures and kick off times for the opening day fixtures.

Will drop you a line in the next day or two. Any ideas for a meeting place apart from Heathrow?
    Please keep it in daylight hours, no "rural" location. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post

Fantastic. I have been thinking about this for a few weeks, but havn't come up with any suitable venues. Was trying to look for some green park areas (yes daylight) for a good photo, but wasnt sure how far off the beaten track you were prepared to go. It will be awesome.
    Sandra likes this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

3rd Gear

Status
    Sandra likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    Wow, the 1st 63 plate before sept 1st. Is that legal?
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Neutral

Status
    Hang on...just found out mine is registered EU63 **L, are you sure that isnt my car!!! Where did you buy yours? Mine is waiting in Colchester
    On Order...Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback S-Line. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoking and Tyre Monitor...Due in July...ordered March

6th Gear

Status
    Given that your sig says you ordered a Sportback, I doubt it!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkAudiMan View Post
    Hang on...just found out mine is registered EU63 **L, are you sure that isnt my car!!! Where did you buy yours? Mine is waiting in Colchester
    Southend Audi EU63 **V close but no cigar he he
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

3rd Gear

Status
    Wow, the 1st 63 plate before sept 1st. Is that legal?
    Yea yea it's still on their property but hey, I've seen it, I've touched it, I've snapped it, and the plates are on it, I just can't drive it going to see the dude either tomoz or sat so will get a chance to start it up then

4th Gear

Status
    Yea yea it's still on their property but hey, I've seen it, I've touched it, I've snapped it, and the plates are on it, I just can't drive it going to see the dude either tomoz or sat so will get a chance to start it up then
    Haha......forgive me if I'm wrong, but do I detect a hint of excitement? Will you be playing one of Sandra's countdown tunes?

I think mine is still locked up 10 miles away, otherwise I'd be doing the same as you.
    Last edited by A3sportbackMark; 23rd August 2013 at 08:10.

3rd Gear

Status
    Haha......forgive me if I'm wrong, but do I detect a hint of excitement? Will you be playing one of Sandra's countdown tunes?

I think mine is still locked up 10 miles away, otherwise I'd be doing the same as you.
    Who me? No! Only problem now is how am I going to sleep for the next week? Lol :D

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Given that your sig says you ordered a Sportback, I doubt it!
    Ahh...I was looking on my phone...now I see....grrr...can't wait for mine....
    On Order...Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback S-Line. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoking and Tyre Monitor...Due in July...ordered March

Reverse Gear

Status
    What about me? Company car lease on current A3 expires September 30th, but got an email on August 16th stating my new A3 was at dealer - reg is RX63 AED and will be registered on September 3rd, but won't be delivered until September 27th - gutted.

Just sat there rusting for 6 weeks...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoWarby View Post
    What about me? Company car lease on current A3 expires September 30th, but got an email on August 16th stating my new A3 was at dealer - reg is RX63 AED and will be registered on September 3rd, but won't be delivered until September 27th - gutted.

Just sat there rusting for 6 weeks...
    Argh how annoying! Why such a long wait?

6th Gear

Status
    Given that there are people collecting at midnight, I don't think the rest of us have a chance anyway, 1st of Sept or not!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

4th Gear

Status
    Well chaps (and any chappeses) only 8 days to go! Hope you are all as excited as I am.

I have been looking through my options list and thinking the one I'm most looking forward to.

Its a tricky choice, but for me it's got to be the xenons (never had them before) driving at night may be a whole new experience and watching them "steer around the corner", plus the ambience of the interior light package.

What is everyone else looking forward to?

Cemerson, you have a tricky choice!
    Last edited by A3sportbackMark; 24th August 2013 at 08:14.
    cemerson likes this.

Neutral

Status
    10.00 Am For me, Glacier white S Line SB , pan roof, privacy glass a few other bits and bobs
    TDI-line and Daveotto like this.

3rd Gear

Status

I have been looking through my options list and thinking the one I'm most looking forward to.
    Ooh that's a tricky one! So many things on the options list I have not had before?
    Not had the Xenons, B&O is pretty cool, as is the advanced key, etc.

But I think S-Tronic will be cool as never had the flappy paddles, also the simple thing of parking sensors and reversing camera as I live down a very busy street with no off street parking.

5th Gear

Status
    Strange as it might seem apart from the DRL's the option I am most looking forward to is the cheapest one - EM brake with the hold assistant.

I am sure I will give the car a firm push every time I get out for the first week or so until I fully trust the system, but I hate hand brakes so can't wait to never have to use one again.
    cemerson likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriSTi View Post
    10.00 Am For me, Glacier white S Line SB , pan roof, privacy glass a few other bits and bobs
    That puts us tied for bronze medal slot, will have to make sure I get to the dealer even earlier than I was planning to

Reverse Gear

Status
    Argh how annoying! Why such a long wait?
    Hi - I guess it's because the contract on my current car is 4 years or 100,000 miles and I've only done 73,000 and I got it September 30th 2009.

It was due for delivery early October, but I guess like lots of other peeps on here the delivery was earlier than expected.

It's at the Slough dealer and I live in South Wales so can't even go peek at it

Bet it's sat outside feeling all unloved.

6th Gear

Status
    Well chaps (and any chappeses) only 8 days to go! Hope you are all as excited as I am.

Its a tricky choice, but for me it's got to be the xenons (never had them before) driving at night may be a whole new experience and watching them "steer around the corner", plus the ambience of the interior light package.

What is everyone else looking forward to?

Cemerson, you have a tricky choice!
    Heh, yup! Think it could be the Xenons and adaptive lights for me too - though ACC and Lane Assist could make for a nice relaxing motorway cruise too And yes, hold assist could be very nice

2nd Gear

Status
    The option I'm most looking forward to is probably the adaptive cruise control.

Been in to sign finance docs today and got a slot for collection on the first - 7:00 a.m. The plus side of having an 8 month old who wakes you up by 6:00 a.m. every day of the week.

6th Gear

Status
    I'm going to be asking for as early as possible, don't care what time I have to get up!

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Hi guys,

just ordered an A3 Sportback TDI 184 Quattro S-line TODAY, for pick up on the 1st Sept (late PM Grrr), will this be the first 184 TDI Quattro on a 63 plate here....

Only a week to go.
    Sandra likes this.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    Hi guys,

just ordered an A3 Sportback TDI 184 Quattro S-line TODAY, for pick up on the 1st Sept (late PM Grrr), will this be the first 184 TDI Quattro on a 63 plate here....

Only a week to go.
    That's quick, how come???
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    That's quick, how come???
    Hi Coolguy, yesterday i rung 15 dealers within 100 miles, and checked what built stock are available with what specs, i then had to decipher option codes to see what options and colour would suit. There's at least 10 brand new TDI Quattro sportbacks around, maybe even more if was looking at 3-ddors. The only thing i had to compromise was on the colour and individual spec, and my budget was tight. I had used Carwow, and contacted those dealers who would give discount, no quibble, and my local dealer has been excellent and found a suitable car in there stock. Most of these had 2k's worth of options, one had 5k's, which was an awesome car, but most of the cars are either misano, glacier, daytona or phantom, so good colour choices.

So quick decision, and quick result, fingers crossed.

: S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Lucky you TDI-line, no need to wait around for 3-4 months.
    On order (June 2013):
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 TFSI, Scuba Blue, Xenon light package, Comfort package, Folding door mirrors & Advance Key
    Confirmed build date early August Built, delivery September for 63 plate, ​collection on 2nd Sept 12pm COLLECTED

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Lucky you TDI-line, no need to wait around for 3-4 months.
    Thanks fella. That was the thing that was putting me off also, so decided to source a built one.

I see yours will be along soon too.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    I see yours will be along soon too.
    Yeah, just got an email from the dealer saying the car should be at the garage in the next few days.

Will be a proud owner in the next 2 weeks, hopefully.
    TDI-line likes this.
    On order (June 2013):

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoWarby View Post

It's at the Slough dealer and I live in South Wales so can't even go peek at it

Bet it's sat outside feeling all unloved.
    Slough is in my neck of the woods, I could pop in and have a peek when I meet Daveotto on the 1st!
    Hey, you almost pinched my Reg number, mine also starts RX63... Lol.
    StevoWarby likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Hope everyone is excited as me. The words kid, Christmas and excited come to mind, and "what to expect on collection day"

..........but where is mine (scuba blue)?
    TDI-line likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    I got my 9am requested pickup... where does that put me in the grand scheme of things? After the midnighters obviously, but still :P

1st Gear

Status
    Mine's 3.30pm.

Slack!

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm 7 a.m. I think that puts me in third place.

6th Gear

Status
    We should have a timeline / list set up!

5th Gear

Status
    Hope everyone is excited as me. The words kid, Christmas and excited come to mind, and "what to expect on collection day"

Y..........but where is mine (scuba blue)?
    Mine is at the front of the queue......Yesterday I was excited. today I have been to busy to be anyting other than to busy.

Tomorrow I will be panicing that I have forgotton something and then Saturday all day until evening I will be in denial.......can it really be that close....... and Saturday evening it will be a case of more bouts of I mut have forgotton something interdispersed with feeling very very very excited with continual checking of the paperwork and checking the addrees in the sat nav is correct followed by a very sleepless night
    Sandra and paullowther like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    We should have a timeline / list set up!
    Will do my best to sort out pick up times, based on the replies to this thread. Appologies if I have got times wrong, please correct/add your time if that is the case

1st sept
    1. 12.01 -catalunya
    - voodoo
    - rup
    4. 7.00. - Ross
    5. 9.00. - cemerson
    6. 10.00 - daveotto
    - chriSTI
    8. 10.15. - A3sportbackmark
    9. 10.30. - SufolkAudiMan
    10. 3pm - AJB
    11. 3.30 - karl

2nd sept
    coolguy

3rd sept
    driver_tim

TDI-line
    stevowarby

Wishing you all the best on your collection day!
    Last edited by A3sportbackMark; 29th August 2013 at 22:37.

4th Gear

Status
    I'm pretty excited just to surf the wave of new pictures and reviews!

Uber Post Whore

Status
    2.0 PM Sunday 1st Sept for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast