Help with minor option changes!

Jpolgr

Reaction score
Hello guys, first message on the board, glad to be here!
I've placed my order for an A3 sportback Sport amalphi white 1.6tdi with stronic, std 17" sport wheels,grey alcantara leather, xenons, interior light pack, storage pack, sd card navigation and flat bottom steering wheel! Waiting anxiously, but i'm considering two things: deletion of both designations (a3 and tdi) for a "cleaner" look and sport suspension delete. The car will be mostly for city driving (also got a Q5 2.0t stronic and a cayman S) so I'm thinking if the std suspension might be a better option (already drove the sport suspension and loved it). Any opinions appreciated!

Hi, welcome to the forum, is really helpful, well worth spending so time going through a few of the older threads as well.

I like the deletion of badges. It obvious it's an A3 so don't need badge, and the tech bit is just to let you know it's petrol or diesel, but as the are several versions of each fuel type, that doesn't tell you anything either, so is only down to looks.
personally I prefer without and I really like the fact you have the choice free of charge to change.
there are some photos on here of a glacier white ? without badges on a recent badge deletion thread to have a look at.

i have asked the question on suspension here, mine was between s line and sport set up.
I wont tell you what to have because i haven't sorted mine out yet.
Everyone has a different option, but can tell you from everyone comments. The difference is noticeable between all set ups,
Sport 15mm lower than SE and S line 25mm lower than SE, also the tyre size 16" / 17" / 18" seams to make as much difference as the suspension. Test drive IF you can, but demos with different set ups, seem to be hard to come by round my way.
I love the Sport suspension with 18" alloys, still tempted on s line option.
Not really any right answer for everyone but majority on here seem to prefer looks of lower suspension, especially Sport to SE, But a higher majority on here like sportier cars, although there is a mix. The S Line exclusive Daytona grey paint came way out in front on a colour poll done on here a few weeks ago, but the sale split nationally seams to be 40% SE / 30% Sport / 30% S line, So bear that I mind when getting feed back. People very helpful though.

Good luck

Fragup nice balanced post but disagree on one minor point ........"It obvious it's an A3 so don't need badge".....from the rear think it is very difficult to tell an A3 from an A6 until you get close and see the width of the A6

Well I deleted both badges, personally I prefer the cleaner look and I can't see what use they serve, why do other road users need to know my car is a Tfsi?

I have a Sport, but with the SE suspension and am glad that I did. Most of my driving is around town and with all the pot holes and speed bumps I would not want a firmer lower suspension.

Clearly this is personal choice and I am sure that as many or more people will offer alternative advice.

Thanks guys, I'm still confused though! I liked the sports suspension, but i'm thinking if it is better to go with the standard setup for everyday driving :wacko:

Fragup nice balanced post but disagree on one minor point ........"It obvious it's an A3 so don't need badge".....from the rear think it is very difficult to tell an A3 from an A6 until you get close and see the width of the A6

I never really looked at A6 before and agree apart from proportion a bit it does look very similar, I wouldn't be bothered If people thought I have an A6, especially when I come to trade it in after a few years, ha ha, may be not :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'm still confused though! I liked the sports suspension, but i'm thinking if it is better to go with the standard setup for everyday driving :wacko:

I have a Sport and kept the Sport suspension with no regrets. I think it's a nice balance.