EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

5yr warranty and service plan worth it?

will be looking to keep a a new audi for at least 5yr , so thinking if the 5yr warranty extension at £500 or so is worth it along with a service plan? usually if anything did go wrong , and sods law, it will cost a blooming fortune so maybe its good value? might try and get them to include it in the deal !!

anyone ever gone for extended warranty and service plan? , depends on how long you keep it but i reckon will easily pay for itself if something goes and also good if decide to sell it on..

thoughts?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I have gone with the five year warranty as I plan to keep this car. Just gives me peace of mind, if something should go wrong.
    Lots of tech in the car, pop up screen etc.
    On order A3 SB 1.6 TDI S-Line - Daytona Grey, Fine Nappa Leather, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Aluminium Roof Rails, Hold Assist, Park Assist Plus, 5 Year Warranty.
    Build Week 27 Delivery: 1st September.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm getting the car on a 4 year PCP so 4 year warranty was a must for me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    seems a sensible choice if looking to keep it for 3+ years! thanks.. it wont be a cheap fix thats for sure!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah £500 for extra 2 years, seems worth it to me, but ask if the warranty is the same audi 3 yr version or aftermarket slightly less comprehensive version.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    With the 5 year warranty, do you have to take this out at collection time, or can you buy it at any time within the 1st 3 years of the original warranty?

I assume the former, but may be wrong.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Reverse Gear

Status
    thats a good point on whether you can but it later but i would be trying to get a "deal" on this basis and try and negotiate it in , worth a punt

2nd Gear

Status
    The website says only available on ordering when buying, and I think will transfer to new owner when you sell IF you buy another Audi so may add a little value when trading in, if am am reading it right. So good value if you keep the car, but of you sell it before the extended warrantee kicks in, may be worthless if you buy a different make. Clever by Audi !
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Reverse Gear

Status
    the cheeky gits!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I'm getting the car on a 4 year PCP so 4 year warranty was a must for me.
    This'll be the same for me I imagine, though going to try and negotiate a little on the price
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    This'll be the same for me I imagine, though going to try and negotiate a little on the price
    Just to be clear - I don't think it's a requirement of the PCP contact. I just wanted it when I know I'll be keeping the car beyond 3 years.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, same - I would want to remain under warranty while I was financially tied to the car.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Yeah £500 for extra 2 years, seems worth it to me, but ask if the warranty is the same audi 3 yr version or aftermarket slightly less comprehensive version.
    I asked this question, and was told it is as comprehensive as the first three years. It also comes with the additional two years Audi assist. (Five years in total)
    On order A3 SB 1.6 TDI S-Line - Daytona Grey, Fine Nappa Leather, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Aluminium Roof Rails, Hold Assist, Park Assist Plus, 5 Year Warranty.
    Build Week 27 Delivery: 1st September.

1st Gear

Status
    I got told by the dealer that you have to order the warranty extention by the time they fix your build week as its a factory option??! Its a note in the car's file not a sat-nav!Anyway whilst this might apply to the warranty, does this apply to the service plan? I might/might not get this, depending on what price I manage to get for my own car if I manage to sell it. Or would I be able to add this when I pick the car up?
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.