Dilemma...

smk82

Reaction score
Been on the phone to the dealer tonight to ask how if I moved to the 184ps version, what affect that would have on the build date! He said that after checking it would actually bring it forward by a month/5 weeks to the end of september/early october (as opposed to the end of november!) Very suprised at that...

He also mentioned that I have until the end of next week to make any changes to my spec before it is locked in, and that he would call next week to confirm the final spec...

Agghh!:uhm:! I don't know if I should go for the 184ps (which would mean a car sooner - but prob dip into my savings slightly more), or stay with the 150ps, which would mean that I didn't, but my current car might be worth a bit less as would be after september that I'm trying to sell it!).. Trouble is I really want the 184ps!

Opinions?

If you really want the 184ps and can afford the little extra, that way you wont have any regrets a few months down the road of ownership. If your planning to keep for a few years get what you really want is my advise. :) x

I'm planning on keeping it for ~5 years or so..

If it was me, i would go for the 184ps. 5 years would be a long time to regret not having exactly what you want. :) x

Reactions: A3sportbackMark
Mmmm.....that little phone call of yours gave you an answer you weren't expecting.

Sounds like you really want the 184ps, and if you feel the same way in a couple of days, id go for your dream car........

Yeah go for it and get the car you really want :) as for dipping into savings isn't that what they are for ;)

For the sake of a grand or so go for the 184, it's hardly going to break the bank is it. Your only here once.

Mark

I think you have answered your own question. You want it so if the fuel, insurance, buying costs work then go for it!

Reactions: NHN
Exactly, no need for the thread tbh, you've already decided :)

For the sake of a grand or so go for the 184, it's hardly going to break the bank is it. Your only here once.

Mark

Exactly, if keeping it for 5 years and its only about a grand more, that works out at a couple of hundred extra per year!

As I see it I have 4 options...1. Just stick with what I've got2. Add the engine and make up the difference from savings/slightly larger loan (possible either way)3. Dump the panoramic roof, and add the engine. 4. Keep both, but ask to keep the orginal build date..I think it is either 2, 3 or 4. ?

After the advice, and running some figures, I've decided wth! On wednesday I'll be confirming my upgrade to the 184ps diesel. The way I figure it is that it works out £23 more/month assuming my finances stay the same. This is assuming I end up having to trade my car in. If I manage to sell my car privately for more than the trade in (which I hope to do!), this figure goes down, so the £23 extra is worse case. I can live with this...! + a 5 week sooner build week..