Badger5EM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

What freebies do you try and get on or near collection day?

I have already secured an Ipod lead and an Audi Leather key cover, but is there any other common freebies people get?

I have heard a few people mention that oil is possible, because new cars absolutely drink it for the first few thousand miles?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I will find out in sept, am hoping to get a nice key ring.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

6th Gear

Status
    I'm going to try and get all the AMI cables that I can. After all, the system is advertised in the brochure as if i'll be able to use all these systems, so will need thoe cables to make sure the brochure doesn't lie... also got an extra rear numberplate (for towing) and a full tank of fuel, but those were agreed at the time of sale.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brad9753 View Post
    I have already secured an Ipod lead and an Audi Leather key cover, but is there any other common freebies people get?

I have heard a few people mention that oil is possible, because new cars absolutely drink it for the first few thousand miles?
    I would say if you are after freebies, don't sell yourself short. I got 1L of oil, MMI iphone cable & leather key cover all as standard, didn't even ask or expect. Obviously depending on the spec things like matts are just standard now.

I guess the problem is, there isn't really any freebie thats amazing to get your hands on, that isn't a factory optional extra which the dealer wouldn't dream of including.

Personally, I just asked for a full tank of fuel to compensate for my waiting time. I think its fairly standard to get over half a tank now anyway... but that was the most useful thing to me at the time.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brad9753 View Post

Do they? What cars are these?

Not the case in my experience.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sportback Sport : Scuba Blue : Xenon Light Pack : Technology Pack : Audi Sound System : DAB : Hill Hold Assist : Comfort Pack....
    and Sport Suspension

1st Gear

Status
    Oil and a golf umbrella!
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo77 View Post
    Oil and a golf umbrella!
    That's not a VW Golf I take it...?
    A3 2.0 TDI Sportback Sport : Scuba Blue : Xenon Light Pack : Technology Pack : Audi Sound System : DAB : Hill Hold Assist : Comfort Pack....
    and Sport Suspension

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jet_andy View Post
    That's not a VW Golf I take it...?
    Oh god no! An S-Line one. Not actually used it!!
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

Neutral

Status
    You should get two AMI cables free with the car, one iPod and one USB.

I got a full tank of diesel, umbrella, aluminium pedal covers & autoglym treatment all for free with mine. Also got 4 year gap insurance for £200.

It obviously depends on your dealer but there is plenty they can give you
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal_16 View Post

I got a full tank of diesel, umbrella, aluminium pedal covers & autoglym treatment all for free with mine. Also got 4 year gap insurance for £200.

It obviously depends on your dealer but there is plenty they can give you
    Wow you did well.
    Did you ask or were they all given without prompting?

And do people think the freebies you get depend on the price you negotiated with the dealer and how much you spent?
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

6th Gear

Status
    What's the best way to go about getting freebies at delivery time? If the deal is agreed and done at that point, what bargaining power do you have? ie, what's in it for them to be giving you these bits? Obviously it's possible to negotiate down on things like GAP insurance, but for the actual free stuff?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal_16 View Post
    Have you got any reference for that? I know a lot of people have only been given one, but I'd really like the two that you mention.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    Have you got any reference for that? I know a lot of people have only been given one, but I'd really like the two that you mention.
    give that my dealer is the other side of London I will be asking for both the red and the blue apple cables
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Nothing on the handover day but did get the light pack for free
    Now driving: A3 8V Sportback in Glacier White. 1.4 TFSI SE

Interior Light Pack
    Interior Aluminium Elements
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Free DAB as standard as of April 2013 sure was!!
    Cheerio: 2.0 TDCI Zetec Mondeo (should have been a good car but hasn't )

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Wow you did well.
    Did you ask or were they all given without prompting?

And do people think the freebies you get depend on the price you negotiated with the dealer and how much you spent?

All negotiated by myself and had two dealers both willing to match the deal. I also got 5% off list price which just goes to show the margins dealers are working with

Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    No official reference I'm afraid. I had the cables of my list of things to negotiate but was told straight away by dealer that both are included anyway. I'm sure I've read that somewhere else on here as well
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E