Black Styling Pack = Black Edition?

Vw2audi

Reaction score
great to see that 184 engine is out, but also there is the black styling pack is this the black edition trim? as its not on the main trim selection page but as the styling pack ? but my god its very expensive for what you get mind...think i will pass on that

still waiting for the black rotors that are already available in germany and pretty much everywhere else!

Have just ordered the 150 tdi s-line in Brilliant Black with Black styling pack and black roof rails! Can't wait!!

Reactions: Fragup
Love the black styling pack with some colours, especially black, I saw brilliant black next to phantom black on a1 at a dealer and thought the brilliant black is slightly better (darker and that's the point of having black, but I think it only shows unless if you are very close or next to each other) my last 2 cars where solid black and metallic black and I can say in my option there's not much in it so why pay the extra for metallic , am tempted the go with : brilliant black, black styling pack & dark titanium s line wheels (poss drop pano to pay for and doesn't contrast to paint as with glacier and Misano which looks cool. Why £395 for black trim !
i had ruled out black because don't like with chrome trim and though a change would be good, now ???
SE = black trim round windows
pay extra for:
sport and s line = chrome trim round windows
pay extra again for :
Black trim round windows again ( although its shinny)
I know there is a bit more to it, but not much (grill and around fogs etc) (you get body colour handles anyway)
i found a lot of the options reasonable ish value but this is cashing in on people waiting for a black edition, a rip off, but I am still tempted though !!!

mmmm, bl**dy Audi, tempting me with shinny bits for lots of money

so do we now have a "Black Edition" i'm not so sure, the 8P certainly did add a styling pack, but also better wheels , audio and extra bits ..oh and a harsh ride!

my Mrs A3 8P has the phantom black , always looks dirty but stunning when freshly washed, and my Mk6 GTI is pearl black , same again so will be looking at a new colour, white or grey maybe...

but you need the black matt rotors (on every configurator apart form UK) to finish it off!

Not a proper black edition, but can get that sort of look if you don't want to wait

i think i might wait a bit longer , it might be next year at this rate!