Cycle rack for 8V

Croftj

Reaction score
Hi,
Like quite a few of you guys I am waiting patiently for my new Audi to be built and delivered (Sept all being well) .

Does anyone know if there is an Audi cycle rack available for the rear of the car? I've got one for my current 8P but it's slowly scratched the sh15 out of the paintwork on the back of the car so really don't want to do this on my new one.

Any advice would be appreciated?

Cheers

I was looking in to this too.

I don't believe there is one at the moment due to the rear spoiler. You can get the ones that go on the roof, I was looking at one Thule offer. There is a fit guide on their web site.

Cool, I will look into it. I was hoping to get an Audi one - a roof rack is a possibility but I havent spec'd the roof rails, does that matter?

I too am going to go for the roof mounted option and specced the roof rails to aid this, however have seen the roof bars on a no roof rail car. But these seem to clamp on the paintwork, not sure if it will damage over time?

Cool, I will look into it. I was hoping to get an Audi one - a roof rack is a possibility but I havent spec'd the roof rails, does that matter?

I don't think so, they hook into the window frames(I haven't spec'd the rails either). I believe the ones that fit are Fitting kit 1708 and Fit pack 754 from Thule. I do believe there are other makes available, it's just I was only interested in the Thule ones.

If you go to the Thule web site you can input your car and it will tell you what is compatible.