Option Changes

geefunk1978

Reaction score
Website
www.gtdesignsolutions.com
Anyone know how late you can change options on a new car?
Ordered a new S3 but was told last week the delivery has been put back to Nov/Dec. I want to add the black styling pack so surely it's not too late??? If my dealer fobs me off is it worth contacting Audi UK?

Cheers
G

They "lock in" the options shortly before they're due to build it. My dealer forgot to include one of my options on my car, and the factory had locked the configuration prior to building it. The car was subsequently built and sent to them, but it's not my car - They put another order in for me with the correct configuration plus a discount for my trouble.

Ask the dealer to check if the spec has been locked in or not. They shouldn't be adverse to checking, as it should be more cash for them.

Anyone know how late you can change options on a new car?
Ordered a new S3 but was told last week the delivery has been put back to Nov/Dec. I want to add the black styling pack so surely it's not too late??? If my dealer fobs me off is it worth contacting Audi UK?

Cheers
G
i believe you can add options up to 4 weeks prior to build date

Spoke to my dealer and he's checking but he seems to think changing any options puts you to the back of the que on build! I can't understand this as they're not even thinking about building it for another 3 months at least!!

Spoke to my dealer and he's checking but he seems to think changing any options puts you to the back of the que on build! I can't understand this as they're not even thinking about building it for another 3 months at least!!

I placed my initial order third week of June, but made some final changes yesterday - no change to build week apparently (last week in September). My stealer reckons that changes are OK up to about 5-6 weeks prior to build, although could depend on what you plan to change...exclusive colours for instance will add anywhere between 4-8 weeks.

No way it puts you to the back of the queue. I changed mine a couple of times and ended up 4 weeks early.

Think of it this way. There are two queues. You are put into the first queue when you originally order. Whilst in this queue you can freely make changes to the spec.
Eventually, about a month before your build date, you get moved into the confirmed queue. Note that whilst they give preference to those near the front of the first queue they do not take everyone in exact order. They will shuffle them around to optimise various bits of the production. For example to prevent spikes in demand for certain components. Once you are in the confirmed queue the spec can't be changed but the build date should be pretty well fixed too.

yes i agree i ordered car in april then added int' light pack in june and build week was brought forward 2 weeks.:think:

Spoke to the stealer yesterday and confirmed that the black styling pack is added to the order and it's being built last week in October so should have it end of November.
I can't keep up with the amount of times the delivery build/date has changed though! It's changed about 4 times now since I ordered!
Just hope it doesn't get put back again now though as apparently the Audi finance low interest rate will change in Jan.

Ordered mine beginning of June, and given build week 38, changed the colour and it was brought forward 7 weeks to week 31. Being built this week so hoping for Sept 1st collection :D