97catalunya countdown begins

Woop woop Thanks Sandra, after reading so many countdowns now I have my own :D Loving the song choice. Will have to put them on an SD card or playlist ready for the journey home ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: STERLING VOID
Woop woop Thanks Sandra, after reading so many countdowns now I have my own :D Loving the song choice. Will have to put them on an SD card or playlist ready for the journey home ;)

When are you getting yours?

When are you getting yours?

It is not yet set in stone but the dealer said Sept 1st :D he said they are throwing a collection party starting at 9pm on the sat with a BBQ and live band, then we drive the car away at midnight :D
If this does happen you can trust I will be taking pics and posting them ;)

It is not yet set in stone but the dealer said Sept 1st :D he said they are throwing a collection party starting at 9pm on the sat with a BBQ and live band, then we drive the car away at midnight :D

We will all look forward to the pics, but a free bbq invite would go down nicely as well, lol. Enjoy todays tune. :) x

Reactions: 97catalunya

Wow! now that is taking delivery of your vehicle in style! :D.

Fingers crossed, hope all goes well and as planned. You are going to love this vehicle!

Last edited by a moderator:
We will all look forward to the pics, but a free bbq invite would go down nicely as well, lol. Enjoy todays tune. :) x

Already downloaded from iTunes and added to playlist!
I can't get free tickets for the BBQ as they are £30k a pair but you do get a free Audi A3 ;)

Reactions: RossR, Sandra and cemerson
Already downloaded from iTunes and added to playlist!
I can't get free tickets for the BBQ as they are £30k a pair but you do get a free Audi A3 ;)

Thats a real good deal, but sadly i will have to decline as its not an S3, lol. :) x

Here's another - what you'll be feeling like doing when you pick it up...Lionel Richie - Dancing on the Ceiling..

Here's another - what you'll be feeling like doing when you pick it up...Lionel Richie - Dancing on the Ceiling..

You're not kidding lol so excited its stupid :D I am literally checking this forum every 5 mins to get my A3 fix ;)

Reactions: SportbackStu
Only a month (and a bit) till I get mine now!

I am hoping and praying the dealer gets the a sept 1st collection! Not had any contact from him yet to say its on its way, but he is telling me the 1st still.
If so I'm equally excited about the collection party :D

Are you net getting yours on the 1st Cemerson?

No, currently the 9th, but hoping it'll have gotten built a week early, or be really quick to ship over or something, and I might be able to get it earlier. Probably won't happen though.

No, currently the 9th, but hoping it'll have gotten built a week early, or be really quick to ship over or something, and I might be able to get it earlier. Probably won't happen though.

I'm sure Germany know how important it is for the UK to have them ready for collection on the 1st so I would remain hopeful!

At least if it doesn't arrive until the 9th you're countdown thread will be in the limelight so you will be Centre of attention ;)

Can't wait! Got a couple of weeks coming up in Dorset, that will help the time drift away, then the following weekend after we get back we pick her up :D

same for me, two weeks holiday in turkey and then 2 weeks of waiting at home

WooHoo it's all been confirmed :D

It's on a boat right now, arrives at the dealer on the 11th, had an official invite now to the collection party 9pm on the 31st to drive away at midnight on the 1st :D

Have a trip to Dorset on the 12th for 2 weeks "Argh I could be Driving it there if I wanted to!" This month should go nice and quick :)

Ok so I was in the area, and I "accidentally" drove down the dead end road that passes by the back of my dealer, what did I see?
A beautiful shiny Daytona Grey 3 door S-Line, it's unregistered awaiting prep. Could it be? Is it? Woop Woop :D, oh it has a Quattro badge on the front :( Dammit!

Ok so I was in the area, and I "accidentally" drove down the dead end road that passes by the back of my dealer, what did I see?
A beautiful shiny Daytona Grey 3 door S-Line, it's unregistered awaiting prep. Could it be? Is it? Woop Woop :D, oh it has a Quattro badge on the front :( Dammit!

haha.....I got caught out like that last week, when I "accidently" passed by the dealers. I have now found out my car is in a lockup 10 miles away, so no sneaky look for me until 1st sept

haha.....I got caught out like that last week, when I "accidently" passed by the dealers. I have now found out my car is in a lockup 10 miles away, so no sneaky look for me until 1st sept

Ha ha I'm so glad I'm not the only person to have done it ;). Have now been informed the dealer are taking delivery on the 18th. I will be in Dorset I will be getting back on the 22nd and going in to finalise paperwork. Dealer said while I'm there I can take a look at the 63 plates they have and chose one at the same time :D

21 days and 30 mins remaining ;)

22 days surely. (Not that I'm counting them myself ;-) )

Ok off to Dorset in the morning for a couple of weeks, gonna do some serious A3 spotting on the way. When I get back it will only be a week left to wait!

#BringItOn :D

Have a good two weeks holiday, will be counting the hours time when you get back

Have a good two weeks holiday, will be counting the hours time when you get back

Thanks Dave :D would rather be by a pool in Turkey but Dorset will have to do ;) the family will keep me occupied over the next couple of weeks, but I know first thing every morning like you I will still be checking in here, lol after all if Audi ever add a warp drive or anything while I'm away I will find out first here ;)

Thanks Dave :D would rather be by a pool in Turkey but Dorset will have to do ;) the family will keep me occupied over the next couple of weeks, but I know first thing every morning like you I will still be checking in here, lol after all if Audi ever add a warp drive or anything while I'm away I will find out first here ;)
Ahhhhhhhhh, these holiday boys (daveotto and catalunya) have the right idea of taking a break before the race to get their new cars!
Both enjoy, I'm sure you will be chilled with a beer, sun and pool. Hope it doesn't take your mind of Audi speak, this forum wouldn't the same without you! as we are going through this journey together. Still thinking of ways to nudge catalunya out of gold medal position, hey, sure your family don't want to extend your holiday, maybe by another 2 weeks? Haha :idea: Only joking.
Both enjoy your hols.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhhh, these holiday boys (daveotto and catalunya) have the right idea of taking a break before the race to get their new cars!
Both enjoy, I'm sure you will be chilled with a beer, sun and pool. Hope it doesn't take your mind of Audi speak, this forum wouldn't the same without you! as we are going through this journey together. Still thinking of ways to nudge catalunya out of gold medal position, hey, sure your family don't want to extend your holiday, maybe by another 2 weeks? Haha :idea: Only joking.
Both enjoy your hols.

Ahh what a nice post Mark thank you. Well not wishing the wishing for a delay anyway ;) haha.

Yes still checking in every morning, but Dorset appears to be in the dark ages when it come to phone coverage lol.
So after a 4 hour journey to get here I only spotted 1 8V on the way and none since arriving!

Very glad we are getting this break as I think I would be going mad with anticipation by now lol.

17 Days and 12 hours to go :D