Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: 97catalunya countdown begins

3rd Gear

Status
    YAY another for the collection playlist I don't think I have ever heard that song before, but there is nothing like a bit of Dexy to get you in the party spirit

It has been such a great experience being involved in this forum, from helping me realise I have made the right decisions, adding some options I have left off, to just simply helping me get through the long wait to collection day.
    i love the countdown threads and find it exciting waiting for my next song lol let alone waiting for the car!

i am just looking forward to the day I am driving it and can return the favour to all those people that answered the questions that I had.

Thank you all :D

Chris...
    Sandra likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    YAY another for the collection playlist I don't think I have ever heard that song before, but there is nothing like a bit of Dexy to get you in the party spirit

It has been such a great experience being involved in this forum, from helping me realise I have made the right decisions, adding some options I have left off, to just simply helping me get through the long wait to collection day.
    i love the countdown threads and find it exciting waiting for my next song lol let alone waiting for the car!

i am just looking forward to the day I am driving it and can return the favour to all those people that answered the questions that I had.

Thank you all :D

Chris...
    Chris im so glad you have been enjoying the forum, we have all enjoyed your input in this section and hope it continues when you collect the car. I personally enjoy the countdown threads, its a bonus if it helps you guys take your mnd off waiting for your cars and scanning the roads for other 8v's. I will be posting todays music up shortly, the only detail you need to work out now is where to take the great pics for us all to admire and drool over. x

Coldplay - Viva La Vida - YouTube
    Last edited by Sandra; 14th August 2013 at 10:00.
    97catalunya likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Chris im so glad you have been enjoying the forum, we have all enjoyed your input in this section and hope it continues when you collect the car. I personally enjoy the countdown threads, its a bonus if it helps you guys take your mnd off waiting for your cars and scanning the roads for other 8v's. I will be posting todays music up shortly, the only detail you need to work out now is where to take the great pics for us all to admire and drool over. x

COLDPLAY!!! Now you're talking :D saw Coldplay live twice last year, including the closing ceremony at the Paralympics, awesome!
    I will deffo still be here after picking up the car, I will enjoy helping others on there journey to ownership and the banter with other owners, it makes the difference between being an audi driver and an audi enthusiast
    I think sharing this collection experience with others makes it even more special knowing people like Mark, Dave and cemerson are going through the same experience as me acting like big kids waiting for Christmas lol.

Now after a slap up BBQ'd fry up we are off Audi spotting, erm, I mean sight seeing
    Last edited by 97catalunya; 14th August 2013 at 12:07.
    Sandra and A3sportbackMark like this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Status
    COLDPLAY!!! Now you're talking :D saw Coldplay live twice last year, including the closing ceremony at the Paralympics, awesome!
    I will deffo still be here after picking up the car, I will enjoy helping others on there journey to ownership and the banter with other owners, it makes the difference between being an audi driver and an audi enthusiast
    I think sharing this collection experience with others makes it even more special knowing people like Mark, Dave and cemerson are going through the same experience as me acting like big kids waiting for Christmas lol.

Now after a slap up BBQ'd fry up we are off Audi spotting, erm, I mean sight seeing
    I saw Coldplay live at Hamden Park, supporting act was JayZ, simply stunning show. You enjoy the site seeing and audi spotting. Just remember any nice audis you see, you must take a pic of them. I so happy that you are enjoying the forum, that is our aim for all members. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

4th Gear

Status

Ahhhgggg Sandra, that's such a fantastic tune, I think I might have to somehow pinch it for my coundown thread!
    Sandra likes this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Ahhhgggg Sandra, that's such a fantastic tune, I think I might have to somehow pinch it for my coundown thread!
    Of course you can use that tune. I already given you a tune today, but i will send you another favourite of mine. x
    A3sportbackMark likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    I saw Coldplay live at Hamden Park, supporting act was JayZ, simply stunning show. You enjoy the site seeing and audi spotting. Just remember any nice audis you see, you must take a pic of them. I so happy that you are enjoying the forum, that is our aim for all members. x
    Wow JayZ supporting, I bet that was Awesome! I first saw them last year at the Emerates stadium with Robyn and Rita Ora supporting, then I saw them again at the closing ceremony for the 2012 Paralympics, no support act but they did perform with JayZ and Rhianna. It was amazing!!
    Did you get the cool wristbands when you went?

Still no 8V's in Dorset??
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Wow JayZ supporting, I bet that was Awesome! I first saw them last year at the Emerates stadium with Robyn and Rita Ora supporting, then I saw them again at the closing ceremony for the 2012 Paralympics, no support act but they did perform with JayZ and Rhianna. It was amazing!!
    Did you get the cool wristbands when you went?

Still no 8V's in Dorset??
    Yes, i also got a cd of unreleased music. Its pretty awesome on its own. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    Yes, i also got a cd of unreleased music. Its pretty awesome on its own. x
    Oh wow I didn't get one of those!!
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Oh wow I didn't get one of those!!
    when i get the chance to look out the cd, Chris i will zip it up and email you a copy. X
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    when i get the chance to look out the cd, Chris i will zip it up and email you a copy. X
    Oh wow thank you Sandra you are a star :-) they will so be going on the HDD (that's a step more permanent than on the SD card lol)

Status
    Smaller (Local) Events

Status
    Something a bit different today.

The Trishas "Clockwork" - YouTube
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    Woop woop 2 for the price of 1 :D thanks Sandra.

Well it's our last full day here in Dorset, off to the Beach then home tomorrow for the final countdown. Still not seen any 8V's here, may just have to accidentally pass by the dealers on the way home for a sneak peek

10 Days 11 Hours and 44 mins to go!

Status
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    Love it thanks Sandra gotta like a bit of Paul Weller.

Back from our hols now, Dorset and the journey their and back contained a grand total of 6 8V's in the end, 2 of them S-Line and 1 Daytona Grey.

Will post a pic of the Daytona Grey

3rd Gear

Status
    Found this one out the back of my dealership awaiting prep :D :D :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377188603.982009.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377188619.031871.jpg

Funny enough it's the same spec as mine

4th Gear

Status
    Nice tune, that's what catalunya has done the last 2 weeks! Welcome back Chris to the land of real Audi spotting ...lol.
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

4th Gear

Status
    Found this one out the back of my dealership awaiting prep :D :D :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377188603.982009.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377188619.031871.jpg

Funny enough it's the same spec as mine
    Really? You mean to say that yours is not unique? Haha..
    Daveotto likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yep mine :D I was "Going Underground" snooping about at the back of the Dealers with no one about when I found her :D knew it was mine by the reversing cam peeking out next to the boot release

I was just passing the dealer on my way home, unshaven looking a bit shifty, so a member of staff came out to see what I was up to! Lol.

When I explained he said "Yep it's yours alright" woop woop :D
    Daveotto likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Yep mine :D I was "Going Underground" snooping about at the back of the Dealers with no one about when I found her :D knew it was mine by the reversing cam peeking out next to the boot release

I was just passing the dealer on my way home, unshaven looking a bit shifty, so a member of staff came out to see what I was up to! Lol.

When I explained he said "Yep it's yours alright" woop woop :D
    Congratulations! And it has a 63 reg.

3rd Gear

Status
    Congratulations! And it has a 63 reg.
    Yeah! Obviously I can't take it home till midnight on the 1st but hey, I'VE TOUCHED IT :D he he

Reverse Gear

Status
    Very jealous seeing this, still got just over a month to wait! :-(
    2.0 TDi Audi A3 Sportback S-Line

Daytona Grey, Audi Phone Box, B&O, Black Roof Rails, Cruise Control, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Heated Front Seats, Interior Lighting Package, Non-Smoking Package, Privacy Glass, Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Xmas View Post
    Awe your time will come Lloyd, that month will fly by it's the last week that draggs lol

8 days 12 hours and 50 mins left for me :-D

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Xmas View Post
    Your time will come, I remember chipping in comments to many people on their coundown threads, knowing my collection was months away! I know it makes you want your car more, and still does for me.....but it's 1st sept collection for me Still painful but within reach!

Status
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    Yay thanks Sandra another now song for me :D

On my way to sign paperwork now and get another peek
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Yay thanks Sandra another now song for me :D

On my way to sign paperwork now and get another peek
    Chris, enjoy your visit to the dealer, im sure you will be grinning till collection, even though you have a few more days to wait. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    Chris, enjoy your visit to the dealer, im sure you will be grinning till collection, even though you have a few more days to wait. x
    Thank you and I did he offered a tour of the car but we resisted, saving it for the grand unveil on the 31st

Here is another sneaky peak of one of our options :D
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377290638.650789.jpg
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    A very fitting tune for my collection time thanks Sandra it certainly will be a crazy crazy night :D I need to dust off my old biker jacket don some face paint and be rockin' all night

5 Days 3 Hours and 15 mins to go!
    Sandra likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Like your new pic, are you trying to tell us something?

3rd Gear

Status
    Like your new pic, are you trying to tell us something?
    He he maybe! Or maybe just a little excited
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah more coldplay :D one of my top 3 fave bands along with Metallica and The Prodigy
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Smaller (Local) Events

3rd Gear

Status
    Woop Woop 2 in one day, how lucky am I :D a great tune too!

This countdown has suddenly got real
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Yes its getting very real now Chris, i dont know how you guys sleep at night. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

6th Gear

Status
    By running around like an excited puppy in the day, meaning we are knackered at night!
    Sandra likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    I use alcohol lol
    Sandra likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast