AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wab172uk

Thread: 184ps available!

1st Gear

Status

184ps available!

Just went on the configurator and the 184ps diesel is now listed as available! Strangely it is not given in the "pricing and CO2" page on main audi site yet.. Price is £1270 more than the 150ps... This will require some serious thought... (and possibly a few sums!)
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

2. # ADS
    ADS

It seems it's available in Sport and S-line trim and in front wheel drive manual and s-tronic quattro.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Why is Quattro only available if you want an Automatic???????????

I want a manual with Quattro. I like to change gear myself, thank you Audi.
    hittchy and mjcourtney like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wab172uk View Post
    Why is Quattro only available if you want an Automatic???????????

I want a manual with Quattro. I like to change gear myself, thank you Audi.
    Use the s-tronic in manual mode. Just the same but without the need to keep pressing the clutch!!

Audi now seem to only offer Quattro models with the s-tronic throughout their entire range. Probabilly a cost issue with having to develop two Quattro type gearboxes for each model.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smk82 View Post
    This will require some serious thought... (and possibly a few sums!)
    More to buy.
    More to fuel.
    More to insure.
    More for road tax.
    Have to replace tyres more often (with all that tyre destroying torque).
    Tyres likely more expensive sports tyres.
    Fait 500 syndrome = great engine = driven harder = fuel consumption much lower than official figures.

I will probably want one :-)

1st Gear

Status
    apparently its not more to tax according to Audi's website - still falls in band B. I do want one, but need to do some figure juggling to see if its feasible (that or sacrifice the panoramic roof .. I really don' want to do this!). Otherwise I might have to settle for the 150ps. (Currently drive a 175hp TT, so I would notice the drop in power..)
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

6th Gear

Status
    I'd be surprised if it was in the same tax band, since other models with this engine are in the one higher (C). Only an extra £10 a year mind.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Thats what its listed on the Audi Site - Band B. This is the Manual though. The S-tronic is up at 129g/km compared to the 110g/km for the manual, so the s-tronic would be a D.

6th Gear

Status
    Might be another copy and paste error (wouldn't be the first... or second). The 150 is already at the top end of band B and I'm sure I've read elsewhere that it's 112 g/km
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    There is something weird going on here. The car displayed is given as a 184ps Quattro manual! According to the Audi website the Quattro isn't available as a manual! Also the co2 emissions are higher than specced. So either this advert is typo'd by Stratford, or the main website is wrong! Hmmm, must check this out..

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smk82 View Post
    There is something weird going on here. The car displayed is given as a 184ps Quattro manual! According to the Audi website the Quattro isn't available as a manual! Also the co2 emissions are higher than specced. So either this advert is typo'd by Stratford, or the main website is wrong! Hmmm, must check this out..
    i think this is a dealer error, or a clever ploy to get you to phone and enquire, look at the pics and these show an auto with grey interior and description says manual with black interior.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Agreed - and well spotted! I will enquire to check it though, as it could be 1. the photos are of the wrong car (wouldn't be the first time!)2. the spec i.e. manual/CO2 are wrong

6th Gear

Status
    Spec looks way off anyway, says 168PS in one place and 184PS in another

1st Gear

Status
    Dead to rights.. Dealer c****p.. it is the 184ps is s-tronic and the CO2 quoted is wrong. Confirmed that the manual version is as quoted on the website for the FWD car - 110g/km and Band B (so £20/year).

Uber Post Whore

Status

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :