184ps available!

smk82

Reaction score
Just went on the configurator and the 184ps diesel is now listed as available! Strangely it is not given in the "pricing and CO2" page on main audi site yet.. Price is £1270 more than the 150ps... This will require some serious thought... (and possibly a few sums!)

It seems it's available in Sport and S-line trim and in front wheel drive manual and s-tronic quattro.

Why is Quattro only available if you want an Automatic???????????

I want a manual with Quattro. I like to change gear myself, thank you Audi.

Reactions: hittchy and mjcourtney
Why is Quattro only available if you want an Automatic???????????

I want a manual with Quattro. I like to change gear myself, thank you Audi.

Use the s-tronic in manual mode. Just the same but without the need to keep pressing the clutch!!

Audi now seem to only offer Quattro models with the s-tronic throughout their entire range. Probabilly a cost issue with having to develop two Quattro type gearboxes for each model.

This will require some serious thought... (and possibly a few sums!)

More to buy.
More to fuel.
More to insure.
More for road tax.
Have to replace tyres more often (with all that tyre destroying torque).
Tyres likely more expensive sports tyres.
Fait 500 syndrome = great engine = driven harder = fuel consumption much lower than official figures.

I will probably want one :):)

apparently its not more to tax according to Audi's website - still falls in band B. I do want one, but need to do some figure juggling to see if its feasible (that or sacrifice the panoramic roof :( .. I really don' want to do this!). Otherwise I might have to settle for the 150ps. (Currently drive a 175hp TT, so I would notice the drop in power..)

I'd be surprised if it was in the same tax band, since other models with this engine are in the one higher (C). Only an extra £10 a year mind.

Thats what its listed on the Audi Site - Band B. This is the Manual though. The S-tronic is up at 129g/km compared to the 110g/km for the manual, so the s-tronic would be a D.

Might be another copy and paste error (wouldn't be the first... or second). The 150 is already at the top end of band B and I'm sure I've read elsewhere that it's 112 g/km

There is something weird going on here. The car displayed is given as a 184ps Quattro manual! According to the Audi website the Quattro isn't available as a manual! Also the co2 emissions are higher than specced. So either this advert is typo'd by Stratford, or the main website is wrong! Hmmm, must check this out..

There is something weird going on here. The car displayed is given as a 184ps Quattro manual! According to the Audi website the Quattro isn't available as a manual! Also the co2 emissions are higher than specced. So either this advert is typo'd by Stratford, or the main website is wrong! Hmmm, must check this out..

i think this is a dealer error, or a clever ploy to get you to phone and enquire, look at the pics and these show an auto with grey interior and description says manual with black interior.

Agreed - and well spotted! I will enquire to check it though, as it could be 1. the photos are of the wrong car (wouldn't be the first time!)2. the spec i.e. manual/CO2 are wrong

Spec looks way off anyway, says 168PS in one place and 184PS in another

Dead to rights.. Dealer c****p.. it is the 184ps is s-tronic and the CO2 quoted is wrong. Confirmed that the manual version is as quoted on the website for the FWD car - 110g/km and Band B (so £20/year).