• 1 Post By Sandra
  • 1 Post By Daveotto
  • 1 Post By PilotAudi
  • 1 Post By Daveotto
  • 8 Post By Fragup

Thread: decent Tax Disc holders

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland

decent Tax Disc holders

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice tax holder ? Something I've not looked for in the past and am looking for something a tad better than the usual dealer one.....thanks
    Now driving: A3 8V Sportback in Glacier White. 1.4 TFSI SE

Interior Light Pack
    Interior Aluminium Elements
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Free DAB as standard as of April 2013 sure was!!
    Cheerio: 2.0 TDCI Zetec Mondeo (should have been a good car but hasn't )

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I always go for the magnetic slimline type - last one was AA branded from Tesco. I think they used to be Magnetax. You hardly notice it tucked as far down on the screen as possible.

All for a couple of quid!
    First Ever Audi likes this.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

4th Gear

Status
    I have bought myself this Richbrook one from my thread on said topic

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...ownership.html
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Ohh, that's got me thinking now. I like these wee additional bits of chrome/silver... something like that would match the alu pedals perfectly!
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    I have bought myself this Richbrook one from my thread on said topic

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...ownership.html
    Looks just like the one I've got on my current car. Didn't stick to the windscreen very well so ended up velcroing it to the top of the dash. Means you have to be on top of it looking down to see it and you can't see it when I'm driving along but never had any issues.

4th Gear

Status
    RossR - Guess it depends on curvature of your windscreen, what are you currently driving
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes curvature didn't help. I'm driving a Suzuki Swift Sport which is petite and hence has some tight curves.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry if sounds a daft question, but how do they actually stick to the windscreen!?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo77 View Post
    Sorry if sounds a daft question, but how do they actually stick to the windscreen!?
    with clear/colourless sticky 3M silicone blob things, hence need to have a relatively flat windscreen as the blog things tend to be quiet small

1st Gear

Status
    with clear/colourless sticky 3M silicone blob things, hence need to have a relatively flat windscreen as the blog things tend to be quiet small
    Ahhh ok, thanks. I'm guessing you can remove the thing though and it won't leave a mess on the glass?

6th Gear

Status
    I've always used magnetax with no problems.

Lurker

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    I've always used magnetax with no problems.
    Me too, great for a few quid. Would deffo like something a bit more bespoke though..
    8V 1.8 TFSI S-line Sportback
    Daytona Grey | B&O | Privacy Glass | Tech pack | Comfort pack | Interior Light pack | Through Load facility | Sports Suspension |
    Mods to fit | Ali pedals | H&R Spacers 10mm front & 15mm rear |

5th Gear

Status
    Ask Sandra about the Audi-sport.net one.
    Dan76 and First Ever Audi like this.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

Neutral

Status
    Help for heroes one, always a winner.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ill try stuff out! If you never try and never fail, you will never know and never learn.

1st Gear

Status
    Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf Course), Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    brilliant!

Interior Light Pack
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

Lurker

Status
    Daytona Grey | B&O | Privacy Glass | Tech pack | Comfort pack | Interior Light pack | Through Load facility | Sports Suspension |

1st Gear

Status
    I've had magnatax on my last 3 cars. Just be careful when you clean the windscreen as the cardboard backing is easily damaged if you're a bit heavy handed with a wet chamois.

Get it from eBay - they're £2.99 in Halfrauds.

4th Gear

Status
    Well guys, on the strentgth of this thread (no punn intended!) and all your advice, I bought a magnetax tax disc today -£2.99. What else can I buy to keep me sane till 1st sept?
    Sandra likes this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Lurker

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Well guys, on the strentgth of this thread (no punn intended!) and all your advice, I bought a magnetax tax disc today -£2.99. What else can I buy to keep me sane till 1st sept?
    Pedals

Audi A3 8V 2013> Aluminium Pedal Caps for Manual RHD - Stoke Audi Parts

5th Gear

Status
    Now I would they fit a 8L. I know the ad says 2013> but they look very similar to the 8L and TT pedal caps.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

4th Gear

Status
    key rings
    chrome valve caps ( have bought but not at all sure now)
    loads of cleaning products - from tyre gel through to glass polish via everything in between......oh bugger just realised I did not buy anything for leather care!!!

4th Gear

Status
    key rings
    chrome valve caps ( have bought but not at all sure now)
    loads of cleaning products - from tyre gel through to glass polish via everything in between......oh bugger just realised I did not buy anything for leather care!!!
    Ahh, I should have remembered your 99 day countdown thread, with those nice Key rings, do you think the dealer will give me a freebie?
    Sorry Dave, to have made you think again! I thought you had everything covered.
    After seeing that Audi had the audacity of bringing out the LED lights (making xenons now not the latest flavour of the month, and putting them in the shadow) I bought an LED torch........ And am very happy with it too!
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Status
    Maybe make sure you have enough space for all your music, lmao. Sorry sporty, i couldnt resist that. x
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

4th Gear

Status
    Ahh, I should have remembered your 99 day countdown thread, with those nice Key rings, do you think the dealer will give me a freebie?
    Sorry Dave, to have made you think again! I thought you had everything covered.
    After seeing that Audi had the audacity of bringing out the LED lights (making xenons now not the latest flavour of the month, and putting them in the shadow) I bought an LED torch........ And am very happy with it too!

Ah yes forgot to mention I also bought one of those little 12v socket LED torches, very cool.

I expect dealer key rings to be standard rectangle leather fob type if past experience anything to go by.

1st Gear

Status
    Me too, but I went the whole hog and got 2 !!

Interior Light Pack
    Upgraded 17" Alloys

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Maybe make sure you have enough space for all your music, lmao. Sorry sporty, i couldnt resist that. x
    Haha....do you know what Sandra....you are closer than you think! When I was getting my tax disc holder, I went and looked for SD cards 8, 16 or 32G? Couldn't make up my mind. Do i have an SD slot on my PC? Do I need an SD to USB converter? After checking, the answer to the former question is yes, so just have to decide on size.

4th Gear

Status
    Haha....do you know what Sandra....you are closer than you think! When I was getting my tax disc holder, I went and looked for SD cards 8, 16 or 32G? Couldn't make up my mind. Do i have an SD slot on my PC? Do I need an SD to USB converter? After checking, the answer to the former question is yes, so just have to decide on size.
    Damm something else I had not really thought about, how big a card can I use, could have the whole families music collection in the car at the same time on one SD card.....something to ponder over the next couple of weeks, will have to read up relevant threads I think.

6th Gear

Status
    Up to 2TB I think is the conclusion from elsewhere - I think I remember seeing someone say they have a 128GB card in there without a problem - I think I may look at getting one this size as well.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    No point getting anything too expensive now!

BBC News - Car tax disc to be axed after 93 years
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    That prat Osborne has spoken again ! For once a sensible idea IMHO . Expect the other lot will object as politicians do. ;-)
    cemerson likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

4th Gear

Status
    Will make the waiting for a new car experience much less rewarding for eveyone now as there is one less thing to while away the hours researching while you wait.

Can't believe i must have spent 4 -5 hours looking at tax disc holders whilst i was waiting but not given mine a second thought since day 1 until today.

Would suggest Richbrook shareholders ditch them ASAP!!!!!!!
    cemerson likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Ha, can start counting down the days till I get to rip mine out now and clean the windsceen behind it of all the crap residue it'll likely leave!

They are also introducing monthly direct debit payments... not sure I can afford the £1.75 a month it'd cost me!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Ha, can start counting down the days till I get to rip mine out now and clean the windsceen behind it of all the crap residue it'll likely leave!

They are also introducing monthly direct debit payments... not sure I can afford the £1.75 a month it'd cost me!
    There's always a pay day loan

2nd Gear

Status
    B*stards changing to rules, I just spent £25,000+ so I had somewhere nice to put my £17 rich brook tax disc holder. What a waste of £25,000+.
    h5djr, Leeber, Daveotto and 5 others like this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

1st Gear

Status
    Ditch the tax disk!! It's dangerous - taking up all that space in the window obstructing drivers vision...

... Oh and will look better

1st Gear

Status
    Looks like soon this will be one less thing to worry about:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25223631
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, and you only have to look 7 posts up to see that I posted that link, which is why everyone is talking about it!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Yes, and you only have to look 7 posts up to see that I posted that link, which is why everyone is talking about it!
    My bad, didn't check first. Thanks for creating that equally unnecessary post though!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386502650.947970.jpg
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...